• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

They're just handing out taxpayer money in Raleigh. NC Republicans waited 100 years or whatever to get their hands in the cookie jar and just couldn't help themselves.

They're just handing out taxpayer money in Raleigh. NC Republicans waited 100 years or whatever to get their hands in the cookie jar and just couldn't help themselves.

This. They campaigned on changing things in Raleigh, and instead have taken the same corruption to a whole new level.

change

That will not be the last rural hospital that closes down. The question is, will the rednecks who now have to drive twice or three times as far to get medical treatment be smart enough to connect the dots between that and their beloved GOP God Guns and Gays platform? I doubt it. I bet there will be 5-10 hospital closings between now and 2016, and I bet every one of those counties still votes for a Republican governor and legislators.

That will not be the last rural hospital that closes down. The question is, will the rednecks who now have to drive twice or three times as far to get medical treatment be smart enough to connect the dots between that and their beloved GOP God Guns and Gays platform? I doubt it. I bet there will be 5-10 hospital closings between now and 2016, and I bet every one of those counties still votes for a Republican governor and legislators.

They will just blame Obamacare.

http://projects.newsobserver.com/un...itical_hire_amid_controversy_fans_dhhs_flames

ANOTHER POLITICAL HIRE IN AGENCY UNDER FIRE: Former McCrory campaign filmmaker will work on DHHS 'brand' A lobbyist and filmmaker who made an election-night video for Gov. Pat McCrory is the new brand and marketing manager at the state Department of Health and Human Services. Aaron Mullins, 38, started the job Sept. 4. He makes $68,000 a year.

Depending on his training, I could see a filmmaker being in charge of brand and marketing.

http://projects.newsobserver.com/un...itical_hire_amid_controversy_fans_dhhs_flames

ANOTHER POLITICAL HIRE IN AGENCY UNDER FIRE: Former McCrory campaign filmmaker will work on DHHS 'brand' A lobbyist and filmmaker who made an election-night video for Gov. Pat McCrory is the new brand and marketing manager at the state Department of Health and Human Services. Aaron Mullins, 38, started the job Sept. 4. He makes $68,000 a year.

I don't have a problem with this one. The person does have actual and significant qualifications to do the job, and the job apparently was advertised.

Gov. Pat McCrory's poll numbers are continuing to decline and he is by some accounts, among the nation's least popular governors.

McCrory's approval rating has tumbled from 39 percent in August to 35 percent in September, according to a new survey by Public Policy Polling, a Democratic-leaning firm based in Raleigh. The survey results were aired Tuesday night on Capital Tonight on News 14.

Read more here: http://projects.newsobserver.com/un...ing_numbers_continue_to_decline#storylink=cpy

I don't have a problem with this one. The person does have actual and significant qualifications to do the job, and the job apparently was advertised.

Yeah, nothing wrong with McCrory hiring qualified people who worked on his campaign.

True, although continuing the practice of hiring these people at the same time the department is under such scrutiny is maybe not so smart, politically speaking.

Back