• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

But Lenora Bright, treasurer of the Swan Quarter Christian Church, said Hyde County will do just fine without more Medicaid or the hospital just up U.S. Highway 264 in Belhaven.

"You know, life itself tells you, in order to have something, you have to work for it," Bright said. "I know a lot of fishermen and farmers who survived many years before the hospital ever got to Belhaven."

There it is...the GOP constituency in a nutshell.

Tillis concerning welfare:

“What we have to do is find a way to divide and conquer the people who are on assistance. We have to show respect for that woman who has cerebral palsy and had no choice in her condition, that needs help and that we should help. And we need to get those folks to look down at these people who choose to get into a condition that makes them dependent on the government and say, ‘at some point you’re on your own! We may end up taking care of those babies, but we’re not taking care of you.’ And we’ve got to start having that serious discussion. It won’t happen next year. Wrong time. Because it’s going to be politically charged. One of the reasons why I may never run for another elected office is cause some of these things may just get me railroaded out of town. But in 2013 I honestly believe that we have to do it.”

“This measure does not obligate legislative members to provide reparations. A subset of the democrat [sic] majority has never ceased to propose legislation that is de facto reparations and they will continue to do so as long as they are in the majority,” Tillis said. “Federal and State [sic] governments have redistributed trillions of dollars of wealth over the years by funding programs that are at least in part driven by their belief that we should provide additional reparations.”

“I believe there are several conservative democrats [sic] who are prepared join Republican [sic] in OPPOSITION to measures that propose new entitlements and reparations,” Tillis added. “However, a vote against the resolution would most likely eliminate any chance that we would get support from more conservative members of the democrat party [sic] members to oppose such measures.”

That dipshit is going to win because of other dipshits watching Fox News and Obamacare and BENGHAZI and traditional marriage, none of which he will ever do shit about.

That dipshit is going to win because of other dipshits watching Fox News and Obamacare and BENGHAZI and traditional marriage, none of which he will ever do shit about.

Only because King Obama is consolidating all of the power.

I%2Bjust%2Bcame%2Bby%2Bto%2Bsee.jpg

Tillis concerning welfare:

“What we have to do is find a way to divide and conquer the people who are on assistance. We have to show respect for that woman who has cerebral palsy and had no choice in her condition, that needs help and that we should help. And we need to get those folks to look down at these people who choose to get into a condition that makes them dependent on the government and say, ‘at some point you’re on your own! We may end up taking care of those babies, but we’re not taking care of you.’ And we’ve got to start having that serious discussion. It won’t happen next year. Wrong time. Because it’s going to be politically charged. One of the reasons why I may never run for another elected office is cause some of these things may just get me railroaded out of town. But in 2013 I honestly believe that we have to do it.”

“This measure does not obligate legislative members to provide reparations. A subset of the democrat [sic] majority has never ceased to propose legislation that is de facto reparations and they will continue to do so as long as they are in the majority,” Tillis said. “Federal and State [sic] governments have redistributed trillions of dollars of wealth over the years by funding programs that are at least in part driven by their belief that we should provide additional reparations.”

“I believe there are several conservative democrats [sic] who are prepared join Republican [sic] in OPPOSITION to measures that propose new entitlements and reparations,” Tillis added. “However, a vote against the resolution would most likely eliminate any chance that we would get support from more conservative members of the democrat party [sic] members to oppose such measures.”

the number of [sic]s in that quote is telling, and i know nothing about the candidates.

Today my wife volunteered in our daughter's classroom. She came back and told me that to save money, the school is not willing to turn on the heat yet. It was 29 degrees this morning, and all the little first graders were huddled in their coats inside their circa 1928 school building with single pane windows trying to learn. The ones that can afford winter coats, that is. Eff you, THom Tillis. The public schools should not be forced to go without heat to save enough money to operate.

Today my wife volunteered in our daughter's classroom. She came back and told me that to save money, the school is not willing to turn on the heat yet. It was 29 degrees this morning, and all the little first graders were huddled in their coats inside their circa 1928 school building with single pane windows trying to learn. The ones that can afford winter coats, that is. Eff you, THom Tillis. The public schools should not be forced to go without heat to save enough money to operate.

All so greedy people can cram more money in their coffers. This is what will drag us down as a country in the long run.

Damn...that's depressing.

I'm not the only person on here who sends his kid to public school?

I am anything but excited about the choices available to me tomorrow for the office of junior Senator from North Carolina. But it seems to me from what you have related that there are a lot more "Eff You's" to go around than just one to Thom Tillis for the fact that your daughter is sitting in an 86 year old schoolhouse with single pane windows, and not all of those people have "R's" after their name.

I am anything but excited about the choices available to me tomorrow for the office of junior Senator from North Carolina. But it seems to me from what you have related that there are a lot more "Eff You's" to go around than just one to Thom Tillis for the fact that your daughter is sitting in an 86 year old schoolhouse with single pane windows, and not all of those people have "R's" after their name.

I have no problem with the building, which is beautiful and historic, and as an active member of Preservation Greensboro I would throw a fit if anyone proposed to knock it down. I have a big freaking problem with not providing enough damn money to turn the heat on in that building, and that can be laid squarely at the feet of the people who took over the legislature in 2010. Who have, by the way, a duty under the Constitution of the State of North Carolina to provide a comprehensive system of public education, for free, to all citizens of this state.

Which Democrats in NC have voted to cut education funding in NC?

Upgrades to 90 year old windows is something that the people of Guilford County could have and should have corrected years ago in a school bond measure. The fact that the school system hasn't gotten it on the list of projects to be completed is pretty pathetic.

But hey, Greensboro gonna shithole.

This is all part of the Republican plan to indoctrinate the youth against global warming. Remember that time your classmate died of hypothermia in first grade, yeah clearly it wasn't warm that day now was it.

I'm sorry I mentioned the windows. They are not relevant. It was 29 degrees this morning. It was going to be cold in that classroom without regard to the windows, and it's the responsibility of the state of North Carolina to provide sufficient funding to turn on the heat.

Back