• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Believeable

i have not watched any videos or coverage of the incident on the Mall, and don't care to. However this did come up in my social media feed. https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/covington-catholic-students-appeared-in-blackface-at-hs-basketball-game-A4m6t1aY2ECce2UfOIjJUw/?utm_source=Amplify&utm_medium=Intellectualist&utm_campaign=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2kwRzh5IemqPRyKXf0MCIXL4RECbVMwLc336RznC46P86XKqa_rrTw7y8 Certainly seems like a lot of concentrated asshattery is tolerated at that school. The nuns need to get their rulers out.

It continues to be amazing what motivates conservatives. DG3 hasn’t posted here in awhile.

Obviously this incident motivated you to post the below on Saturday when the 'optics' supported the Tunnels Left' narrative of elitist, racist, whitebread assholes terrorizing a peaceful minority.

MAGA hat wearing boys at the March for Life chanting “Build that wall!” at a peaceful Native American Vietnam veteran in front of the Lincoln Memorial days after a national conversation about toxic masculinity. The optics couldn’t get much worse.

Still fighting the good fight to defend the innocent MAGA boys, probably like looking in a mirror.

For God’s sake.

Well, his poll numbers are dropping amongst his base due to the shutdown, so this could score some little points to get the backs of these poor kids publicly, as opposed to, you know, the parkland shooting victims bullied by Ingraham and the Right.

It's how they're using divisive Rorschach culture war issues to unite the right.

Seems that the initial media coverage of the incident was not wholly accurate.

It’s also led to several other videos of these same group of students indicating they were generally disrespectful - roughly engaging in behavior that anyone who attended a suburban or private school would expect a group of 14-18 year old privileged white males to be engaging in. This is not intended to defend their behavior but rather to say it’s not a surprise that this type of behavior occurred. I also welcome any additional coverage that continues to expose this behavior to a wider audience leading to condemnation.

Angus is the first to criticize media outlets for irresponsible coverage of conservatives while simultaneously buying every birther conspiracy fringe outlets offer. Sad.

Angus is the first to criticize media outlets for irresponsible coverage of conservatives while simultaneously buying every birther conspiracy fringe outlets offer. Sad.

Sadly, I doubt he’s the first.

Maybe I’m an outlier, but I had never heard of the black Hebrews before this incident. Wikipedia says there are 200,000 of them in the United States.

Seems high considering there are 5-6 million Jews in the US.

The Louisville Courier-Journal has a story that a conservative PR firm in Louisville (whose partners include a conservative Courier-Journal columnist) helped create the statement released by Nick Sandmann on Sunday giving his view of the incident. Good PR for them no doubt - I was amused when one of the PR firm's owners got in some free advertising by saying that his firm handles crisis situations all over the country. Also, Savannah Guthrie of the "liberal fake news" NBC Today Show did an exclusive interview with Sandmann to be aired on tomorrow morning's show.

Link to story: https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ed-student-in-controversial-video/2638400002/

Maybe I’m an outlier, but I had never heard of the black Hebrews before this incident. Wikipedia says there are 200,000 of them in the United States.

Seriously? I feel like they are pretty common in DC and probably other American cities. They’re assholes, but thank god they aren’t PC.

I would like to agree with you, but I don’t want to be wrong.

What else would folks be trying to convey? When the leader of the movement is celebrated for being anti-PC and owning libs, what message do those hats convey if not antagonism? Remember that you “don’t support Trump.”

Apparently the meeting has now been moved to sometime "after the shutdown ends." Trump may not want to spend more cash on Big Macs and Whoppers until he can access his government paycheck.

Back