• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I think the left in America is going to see greater antisemitism get pulled into the mainstream of their party (See the UK/Corbyn) and needs to address it instead of pretending the situation doesn't exists.

AOC/Omar are just the start of a wave that could be the greatest political threat the Jewish community has faced in the US since the 40s.

What is the threat exactly? And what has AOC ever done that is anti-Jewish?

That's because capitalism is racist Lec' get on board buddy. Stop thinking with facts, you need more feelings.

These unemployment levels were low when Obama left office. Unemployment has decreased slightly since then across the board. The question is is it worth the overstimulus of the economy during good times and what happens when we hit a recession and we have $2 trillion deficits. Who will be hurt the most then?

Considering we just went through this with Bush, I think we all know that answer.

let me guess, you're one of those crazy anti-Americans who supports the israel boycott bill

TIL, the right’s obsession with anti-semitism has more to do with scoring political points than it does with a genuine concern for Jewish people. Sad, really, but not surprising.

Yes, not all Jews are Zionists and not all Zionists are Jews; to suggest otherwise is, in fact, anti-Semitic.

To critique Israeli state policy (and its American lobby) is not inherently anti-Semitic.

You are right. It should not be nor should any other group be beyond questioning. I believe criticism of her is due to the tropes used to convey her critique and an apology that doubled down by grouping the Jewish lobby with the NRA and and the fossil fuel industry.

*Nice word-craft.I like how she book-ended the Jewish lobby with the 2 most hated tropes within Leftism (the NRA and Big Oil). Nicely done..would have liked to have been around the table when they giggled at their own device on this bit. And that is an example of an apology crafted for one group in mind..her constituency.

She doesn’t need to nor should she apologize to any R’s but that is hardly the point and no R’s are asking for themselves.
She only needs to sincerely apologize to the Jewish Lobby. So far,she is struggling mightily.

I think the left in America is going to see greater antisemitism get pulled into the mainstream of their party (See the UK/Corbyn) and needs to address it instead of pretending the situation doesn't exists.

AOC/Omar are just the start of a wave that could be the greatest political threat the Jewish community has faced in the US since the 40s.

Holy mother of Jesus lol

Party that supports neo-Nazis and accuses every positive liberal news story as being paid for by Jews: not anti-Semitic, not a threat to Jews

Young female Democrat POCs call out pro-Israel lobby for paying politicians to support Israel: YUGE THREAT MUST RESIGN

Too many people equate anti-Zionism or support for a Palestinian state with anti-semitism. Conservatives have of course done this on purpose.

Yeah she just stated a fact, that AIPAC is a huge lobby and that Israel who are assholes to the Palestinians get a free pass from American politicians. I don’t even see how that is anti Semitic

It’s well on its way.Take the Left in France - the unhappy intersectional marriage of Marxism and Islam has produced a truly peculiar brand of anti-semitism.Alan Dershowitz,as one notable example,has been railing against the rise of Left wing anti-semitism and his brutal YouTube slap down of a British interviewer ought to be seen. Dershowitz absolutely eviscerates Jeremy Corbyn.

Alan has also been vocal about the rapid rise of Leftwing Censorship among FAANG.

Most of the more prominent Marxist theorists were Jews, Lectro, especially the so-called cultural Marxists. Are you suggesting that Islam is inherently anti-Semitic?

In politics, money is everything. Money makes politicians listen, money opens doors, money talks (because money is speech, remember Republicans?). Israel has a lobby to promote their interests. That is 100% fine, they are well within their rights to lobby as hard as any other lobby. But the fact that they are Jewish and that money and Jews have had anti-Semitic roots does not mean that calling out their excessive spending in promoting their interests is taboo or by definition anti-Semitic.

Yeah she just stated a fact, that AIPAC is a huge lobby and that Israel who are assholes to the Palestinians get a free pass from American politicians. I don’t even see how that is anti Semitic

I think the Palestinians are the ones getting the free pass regardless your one sided indoctrination..because that is what it is,Bake.

In politics, money is everything. Money makes politicians listen, money opens doors, money talks (because money is speech, remember Republicans?). Israel has a lobby to promote their interests. That is 100% fine, they are well within their rights to lobby as hard as any other lobby. But the fact that they are Jewish and that money and Jews have had anti-Semitic roots does not mean that calling out their excessive spending in promoting their interests is taboo or by definition anti-Semitic.

That’s not what she did.

Omar is criticizing money in Politics. Not Jewish money or Irish money or black money...money. AOC had a great expose on the potential for corruption in Congress just a few days before this incident and Omar was (admittedly clumsily) piggy backing on her social media success. Replace AIPAC with any other lobbying group and replace Israel/Palestine issues with another issue and what she said holds true:

Person on Twitter: McCarthy suggesting punishing AOC and Omar for proposing the Green Nee Deal. Why, despite all signs that that it is a dangerous pollutant, does American still use and promote burning coal?!?

Omar: It’s all about the Benjamin’s!

A different person on Twitter: What are you suggesting Congresswoman Omar? Would love to know who you think is paying American politicians to support coal? Though I think I know.

Omar: ACC (The American Coal Council)!

Back