• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

In Michigan up to 9,000 conservatives joined a facebook page dedicated to opposing Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer that degenerated into attacks and death threats on Muslims, in particular Michigan Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib, as well as Governor Whitmer and other female (especially Muslim female) politicians. Among the choice comments about Tlaib - "She needs a bullet between her eyes", "set that bitch on fire", "death to this bitch and her voters", "I wish someone would find this bitch in a dark alley." When it was announced that Tlaib would appear in an event in Michigan, one poster wrote that "I hope someone is waiting for her from a few hundred yards away with a scope ready to make that pink mist spray from her skull", and another poster offered to train him to shoot like that. They also made death threats against another Michigan Democratic Congresswoman, Elissa Slotkin, after falsely accusing her of pledging allegiance to dead Iranian General Soleimani. She "should be burned and raped", "off with her head", and she "should be hung in the streets for treason." The page's creator and administrator, Charlie Gillett, did not try to remove the death threats, but finally removed the page when reporters started asking him about it, saying that he "didn't want any repercussions" at his job. He also blamed the Democrats for the problems with the page.

Among the members of this civilized facebook page was Michigan GOP State Rep. Peter Lucido. When Allison Donahue, at 22 one of the youngest female journalists in the state capitol, tried to question Lucido about his membership on the page, he instead pointed to a visiting delegation from an all-boys Catholic high school standing nearby (they were from Lucido's alma mater) and told her "You should hang around! You could have a lot of fun with these boys - or they could have a lot of fun with you." When she complained about the remark, he told her "it was nothing personal" and that was just the way he talked to young women. The GOP leader in the Michigan State Senate recently called Gov. Whitmer "batshit crazy." Nice folks.

Link to Facebook Page Threats: https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2020/01/10/triggered-trumpers-call-for-violence-against-michigan-democrats-and-muslims-in-vile-facebook-page

Link to Donahue article about her questioning of Lucido: https://www.michiganadvance.com/2020/01/15/i-tried-to-interview-sen-peter-lucido-he-told-me-a-group-of-schoolboys-could-have-a-lot-of-fun-with-me/

Holy shit. I read the whole thing. That is terrifying, sad, and unbelievable unless you see the posts. And it’s not just a few dozen people. It’s 9,000 fucking conservatives consisting of elected officials, law enforcement officials, firemen, PASTORS, and the works. Conservatives have lost their minds and Trump feeds on the hate.

Republicans.

I’m telling y’all, my former lifelong party has become a cesspool of stupidity, dishonesty, and malevolence.

Anyone remaining is either utterly deceived/brainwashed or consciously evil.

Democrats are the deranged ones, though.

Yep. Conservative people definitely aren’t emboldened by Trump saying Omar should go back where she came from, among others. Couldn’t be that, nope.

Holy shit. I read the whole thing. That is terrifying, sad, and unbelievable unless you see the posts. And it’s not just a few dozen people. It’s 9,000 fucking conservatives consisting of elected officials, law enforcement officials, firemen, PASTORS, and the works. Conservatives have lost their minds and Trump feeds on the hate.

One could call them deplorables.

The misogyny is also especially notable. Female Democratic politicians on the page are routinely called cunts, whores, fat bitches, skanks, hags, and bimbos, among other choice epithets. One poster said that "A woman's place is in the house not the Senate...this is what happens when you put women into positions of authority." Another said that "women shouldn't be in political positions." Among members of the page were 3 Michigan GOP Congressional candidates, Rep. Lucido, Michigan GOP field director Kipp Welch, and members of the state and local governments.

Yet another example of white supremacy on display.

Huge story from CBS News to expose the racist fuckstick Washington DC fire department recruits:

Everyone with a brain that works knows Trump is allergic to the truth.

Thx Pubs for putting and keeping him in power.

They said to me, "Sir, nobody handles classified information as well as you do, sir."

5e0d12699e527.image.jpg

3D chess

And it will work.

Wake up, people.

Back