• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Trump is taking credit for a deep state take down of his supporters.

Had to take a picture of this in SC this morning. Guess nobody told them they lost and they should get over it
487570653e70882758efe1108383d24e.jpg

Had to take a picture of this in SC this morning. Guess nobody told them they lost and they should get over it

Maybe if SC hadn't led the way in seceding from the Union and rebelling against the federal government so they could continue to own slaves that Sherman and his federal army wouldn't have needed to invade SC to suppress the rebellion and caused all that damage. What was it that someone said when SC decided to secede - “South Carolina is too small for a republic, but too large for an insane asylum.”

Maybe if SC hadn't led the way in seceding from the Union and rebelling against the federal government so they could continue to own slaves that Sherman and his federal army wouldn't have needed to invade SC to suppress the rebellion and caused all that damage. What was it that someone said when SC decided to secede - “South Carolina is too small for a republic, but too large for an insane asylum.”

And that statement still holds truth today

Most of the time I just blow off my fellow south carolinians as just dumb rednecks but lately its way beyond that. The no masks and not caring about others is really pissing me off and its all around me. If you go anywhere that you "know" idiot rednecks are likely to be like an HVAC store, there is not a mask to be seen and they want to talk about why you shouldn't wear one.

A local restaurant is suing the Governor for making masks mandatory in restaurants. Get a load of this bullshit:

https://www.wspa.com/news/local-news/ikes-korner-grille-sues-sc-governor-over-mask-order/

Guess it's good I live where I do having Grant and Sherman as 2 of my biggest heroes in American history.

Hadn't checked out this thread in a while but came over today to see the reaction to the foiled kidnapping ring. I just checked out the Fox front page - no story on this.

"maybe they wanted to kidnap the governor legally" says a sheriff that shared a stage with one of the guys at a rally protesting the governor

Back