• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Deplorable behavior.

My biggest fear at this point is that there will be multiple violent attacks by Q-Anon/militia types on Election Day targeting polling places or even the ballots themselves. This will not only cause issues with the individual vote counts, but also legal retaliations by democrats if/when they win. That will then feed into the whole aggrieved "take muh guns" attitude, which will continue to spiral. I do think the Democrats will win both the Presidency and the Senate, but I think it will just start a new wave of problems.

My biggest fear at this point is that there will be multiple violent attacks by Q-Anon/militia types on Election Day targeting polling places or even the ballots themselves. This will not only cause issues with the individual vote counts, but also legal retaliations by democrats if/when they win. That will then feed into the whole aggrieved "take muh guns" attitude, which will continue to spiral. I do think the Democrats will win both the Presidency and the Senate, but I think it will just start a new wave of problems.

The nice part about most of the Q/militia types is that at heart they are cowards who are too scared to actually pull off an attack

jr5klyju4pi51.jpg

I understand the impulse, but disagree.

I mean, what’s really the “cause” of brainwashed idiocy?

Human fears, ignorance, and gullibility...and those willing to exploit these things for personal power and/or enrichment.

Alley herself is more symptom than cause, probably.

Last edited:
This is my nerd self coming through, but the first time I saw her she was really hot as Lt. Saavik in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. She had a decent run on Cheers, but it's generally been a long slide downhill ever since, imo.

I get what the tweet is saying but it kind of confirms the opposite point. Nobody would be saying Alley is trash if it wasn't for her ideas. A washed up actress with a simliar career and liberal ideas would be loved. So it's not about the person. It's about the ideas. We don't want to get into the practice of cancelling people who aren't as prominent as they used to be just because.

Back