• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

But our local police came in to speak to the safety patrol just like Cotton took classes for the Rangers.

I do a point of reference about our town's PD may be relevant. Our town's population was around 60K. I had never seen a parking ticket until my junior year at Wake. I home for Spring Break when my friend showed me his parking ticket and asked me to stop on our way to play ball for him to pay it at police station. No worries.

Ten minutes later, he emerged from the building with a smile on his face, "Do you have $2 (price of the ticket)?"

"Why?"

"All I have is a ten dollar bill and they don't have enough change."

That's almost the very definition of eating your own. Given how popular McCain still is in AZ (you can make a plausible argument that the reason Biden won his very narrow victory there was primarily due to Trump's constant attacks on McCain, even after his death) going after his widow is highly unlikely to go over very well in AZ, even among some Republicans. The AZ GOP is clearly being run by Qanon Trumpite looney tunes as of the moment. I'm sure the GOP governor appreciates his own state party censuring him. LOL.

Pretty amazing how even Ducey and Kemp aren’t Trumpy enough for the base now.

You deride them, but these people very astutely understand that their party is splintering, and they view anti-Trump Republicans as electoral saboteurs.

How would you react to Democratic Senators and Congressmen who openly opposed Joe Biden during the election? The Democratic Party certainly hasn’t dealt with criminality and ineptitude at the level of Trump, but it certainly still shares that “Party over ideology” mindset.

The Democratic Party does not entertain dissent within its ranks any more than the Republican Party, we just haven’t had a Donald Trump to really test out the limits of that party loyalty.

Ducey and Kemp didn't openly oppose Trump during the election. They were hardcore Trump supporters. They just allowed democracy in their state.

I've never heard anybody talk about censuring or punishing Democrats who didn't support Biden.

Apparently following the law and refusing to commit crimes to support Trump is grounds for censure.

Ducey and Kemp didn't openly oppose Trump during the election. They were hardcore Trump supporters. They just allowed democracy in their state.

I've never heard anybody talk about censuring or punishing Democrats who didn't support Biden.

You’re applying your own Democratic perspective to the actions of Republican politicians. That doesn’t work in this context - they went against their party, no matter how logical you consider what they did, they still broke ranks. Regarding my hypothetical, it was a hypothetical. I didn’t see any official Republican loyalty pledge either - but I expected that Republican Congress people who didn’t go along with this dumbass election conspiracy would catch hell for it from their rube voters.

Huh?

You attempted a Junebug style both sides hypothetical that fell short due to lack of evidence. Unless you have some evidence.

Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

In this repartee do you consider the play to be drone striking civilians and bailing out Wall Street bankers during the mortgage crisis. Just curious about what else is considered unacceptable *besides* orange Cheeto man.

Huh?

You attempted a Junebug style both sides hypothetical that fell short due to lack of evidence. Unless you have some evidence.

Tough time with nuance, huh? That “bosides” shit doesn’t work with me, I’m very familiar with the problems within my own party, including it’s steps to discourage primary opponents to incumbents, and it’s punishment of congresspeople who support primary opponents. So yeah, I’m sure if AOC is getting shit and losing committee seats for supporting Henry Cuellers primary opponent, she’s going to have a fine time opposing Biden’s election. C’mon PhDeac, you gotta try harder than that with me.

OK. Stay angry.

Back