• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

A side note from my trip covering President Biden's trip to Raleigh this week. Whenever the President mentioned Republicans, he always put "Maga" in front of it. Or mentioned Trump and his "friends". He must have referred to "maga republicans" over 20 times in his speech. Its as if, he is giving the old school (my term) republicans an out if they want to split from Trump.

Might be an interesting thing to follow this election cycle.

Grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift

deep breath

Grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift grift

NPR: How anti-vaccine activists and the far right are trying to build a parallel economy

Could have gone into a few different threads.

Last edited:
According to your favorite president, Donald Trump, he welcomes RFK Jr to the race as he threatens taking votes from Biden

I did hear about a poll that said 1/3 of the people saying they’ll vote for RFKJr don’t know anything about him. So that’s encouraging.

I did hear about a poll that said 1/3 of the people saying they’ll vote for RFKJr don’t know anything about him. So that’s encouraging.
I'm not going to bother caring about these RFKJr votes. I assume that these are mostly people that have decided Trump and Biden are both equally terrible and will refuse to vote for either. So if RFK wasn't involved they still wouldn't be voting for either Trump or Biden.

Whether Trump wins or loses this November, I'd love to see how much money the RNC has left within the next year or two. I have a hunch that after diverting money (openly or secretly) to pay for Dear Leader's legal bills the RNC is going to be facing serious cash shortages for the next couple of years at least.

Man, it’s going to be a Yuge disaster. They deserve it though…

The decisions to depart are yet another sign of the broader drop in morale within the GOP conference. Many Republican lawmakers have largely accepted that their inability to govern is a predicament of their own making. They acknowledge that overcoming their legislative impasse relies not only on keeping control of the House in November, but also on growing their ranks significantly enough to neutralize the handful of hard-liners who wield influence by taking advantage of the narrow margins. But many also continue to say privately what few have acknowledged publicly: Republicans believe they are likely to lose the majority.

Last edited:
Seems consistent with Republican values.

Why anyone votes for them anymore is a sadly fascinating consideration.

Speaker Johnson is set to meet with Trump.

Apparently the big topic will be "election integrity".

Good god.

I thought that Tweet was a joke when I was doomscrolling earlier this morning but nope, it's real, all of it.

Back