• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

It's such awesome irony to use the deficit as an excuse to cut the one thing that increases government revenue (while decreasing fraud and waste). It's at least a 3x multiplier by even pessimistic estimates, with primary objections coming only from lobbyists and the ultra wealthy. Not to mention a ton of that money has already been allocated, so blowing it all up would just decimate any and all IRS improvements currently underway. Which is exactly what they want. To tie that to Israel aid is so pathetic.

It's such awesome irony to use the deficit as an excuse to cut the one thing that increases government revenue (while decreasing fraud and waste). It's at least a 3x multiplier by even pessimistic estimates, with primary objections coming only from lobbyists and the ultra wealthy. Not to mention a ton of that money has already been allocated, so blowing it all up would just decimate any and all IRS improvements currently underway. Which is exactly what they want. To tie that to Israel aid is so pathetic.

It's not just funding for improvements. It's to replace workers that are rotating out. They want the IRS as lean as possible. Interestingly, scuttling the free online tax return project is counter to that.

When the lord tells me to burn it all down I reach for a flamethrower. I'm not gonna let anyone buy a gay cake.

Well, at least Hitler wasn't no wimp. And he got shit done.

The trick/key, you see, is to imitate him except for the few mistakes that let to his downfall. Trump likely imagines himself as a potentially smarter/better Hitler...the best, no doubt.

And [non-wicked, non-destructive] Republicans just go along.

Republicans are excited that the trains they don’t ride will be on time.

Back