• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

One of my friends from growing up is running for Congress in NC - 10th district. I honestly thought about it a good while and I couldn't come up with anyone I consider to be a worse candidate. MAGA all the way and actually organized a bus load of people to go to the Capitol on Jan 6th and stormed it hard. Complete and utter racist dumbass. When he was at UNC - another reason he sucks - he wrote a racist letter to the editor about affirmative action and had to come home from school for the rest of the semester because he was getting threatened. He stopped by my office last week asking for money. Hard no

We need to be more aggressive about keeping all these Jan 6 organizers off the ballot.

I just got a spam text for someone else running for NC-10 talking about J6 'hostages' and many other wako things. I'm sure it didn't help, but I just texted back "Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment"

can’t make this shit up

“Schumer worked closely with McConnell on the border security package after the Republican leader had insisted on the pairing as a way to win support for Ukraine aid.”

“In a dramatic turnaround, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell recommended to GOP senators in a closed-door meeting that they vote against the first procedural vote Wednesday,”

You can't make it up because we all knew it was coming. Well, other than the two remaining "never trump" republicans. Those guys still thought mcconnell negotiates in good faith.

In-dick-ta-ble

And in a perfect demonstration of their political talents, they lead House Republicans to a humiliating defeat in their attempt to impeach Mayorkas. This is what happens when you have members of Congress whose main goal and talents lie in trolling liberals on social media and staying in the media spotlight and not in the traditional work of Congress such as cutting deals and rounding up votes to pass things.

And in a perfect demonstration of their political talents, they lead House Republicans to a humiliating defeat in their attempt to impeach Mayorkas. This is what happens when you have members of Congress whose main goal and talents lie in trolling liberals on social media and staying in the media spotlight and not in the traditional work of Congress such as cutting deals and rounding up votes to pass things.
Lol

Back