• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Flagstaff loses another close game, moving us to 0-2, this time missing the tying 3 pointer at the buzzer. Still trying to find the best lineup with this team, and without a real standout second scorer it's difficult. I'd like to play a more defensive lineup but I just don't think i'll have the firepower to stay with some of the better teams in the league with only 2 scorers. We are trying a lineup similar to the one that held Cinci to 36 points in E1, hopefully that helps.

In recruiting i'll be mostly staying local and going in on:

Joel Jay R31
Robert Grimaldi R30
Walter Palacio R1
Jeremy Vargas R5

Jay is an obvious stud, Grimaldi is a solid SG who would be sorely needed, Palacio is a stud rebounder and passer at 6'11 but we are hoping his Defense holds, and then Vargas is a stud guard who can probably play both but is a little smaller for the SG position.

Grimaldi, Jay, and Vargas would all be immediate starters and Palacio would actually probably start also. Should be a fun season, looks like a really strong class overall, especially on bigs. Not sure if people will go after the elites in droves or if the high number of quality bigs will reduce the ties on the studs as others look to minimize their risk.

Philadelphia 72
Cincinnati 67

I will take a close loss to a solid Philly team. Had a chance to tie with 14 seconds left, got the rebound, dribbled twice, then threw the ball away. Story of the game with 15 TOs. Kinda shocked I even stayed in this one. Hoping this team is strong enough to make 1 or 2 more upsets the rest of the way to get me in the NTT.

Worst thing so far is my +7 PG is pretty much terribad. I was hoping for a 15/4/4 guy, instead, I have a 5/2/3.5 guy, shooting only 33% from the field with only 1 steal and 1.5 TOs and also averaging 3 fouls per game, which sucks since he is E intelligence. My stud FR C Robbie Towery is solid everywhere except he is a complete turnover machine - averaging 3 per game. I turned up his shooting, even though he isn't a good shooter, to get the ball out of his hands as much as possible - that made for a 4/8 night from the field with 5 TOs against Philly. My other FR SF Levi Love is giving up 19 PPG to opposing SF, which isn't good either.

Having typed all that, I feel much worse about my team and the future.

Considering the teams you have played, I think you are overreacting. Takes time for some freshmen out of the gate and the schedule you have played is doing them no favors.

Frustrated but not panicked at this point. We need to play defense, and we need to hit our shots. The attributes say that we are a pretty solid defensive team, and obviously an elite shooting team, so those things will come.

The plusses here are obvious, though understated. Jess McCrory has been strong to start off his career, while Bryan Moore is finally showing some assertiveness on the offensive end. It would be nice to see some better efficiency from our PG and point forward, but again hopefully that comes with time. One option down the road could be moving Bowers to PG, Moore to SF, Case to PF, and Spencer to the bench. For now, though, Spencer will be given every chance to succeed on this team.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I hate to be helping out someone with the type of talent you have, as I don't think any of us really want to see your team at full potential but IMO i'd be starting the SR Tober and let him feed all of your weapons. You have so many talented players that having one non-scoring "glue" type guy in the lineup such as Tober could really be the straw that stirs the drink. Kennedy may not be filling it up like we know he can due to his set ups by Spencer. Plus you've got a possible SR bump for a guy who is currently sitting at a 9.5/0 A/TO ratio playing with your second team.

I concur with tau's advice. A glue guy can really help team chemistry. I try to have at least one - either as a backup or starter. You don't want to go full retard with scoring, but nothing wrong with one fair shooter in your lineup if others can shoot well. The Sr bump is real... and it's spectacular.

But you're doing the right thing by tweaking your lineup if the sum is less than its parts.

Odessa maxes:

Gregory Montana R23
Tony Figueroa R26
Frank Metzger R20
Erza Craig R11
Riley Finn R24

Frankfort will be on Cisee. Our lisping team is already calling him "sissy" and he loves it. Pondering the other two.

Scratch Cisee.

Frank Metzger r20
Sandy Walker r1
Ezra Craig r11

If I'm going to get into a huge tie, may as well be with the slightly better player.

i'm your huckleberry

i really like his impact rating since i have a crappy post game

hell, i don't want to spend my entire day on this...i just haven't even looked at recruits until a few days ago.

right now:

Corey Hernandez 15
Jose Madison 19
Tony Ford 31

hell, i don't want to spend my entire day on this...i just haven't even looked at recruits until a few days ago.

right now:

Corey Hernandez 15
Jose Madison 19
Tony Ford 31

I would skip hernandez, he sucks. Really bad. Like he is terrible. No one should be on him. Period. Really bad. Don't do it. Promise I am not doing this because I am maxing him. Promise. Really bad.

Evansville decided to go a bit conservative this year. As usual, we maxed 5, but we're hoping for 3-4 clear leads this year, and our net is super conservative, too. We did enter one major lottery (see if you can spot it!), but if anything here is more than a 1/1 tie, I'll be upset/depressed/shocked.

R2 Harold Elder
R3 Roger Noel
R13 Cesar Peterson
R20 Frank Metzger
R32 George Glover (Soft)

I think going 100% against prefs for Noel could turn out to be a smart move. He's not an obvious max, so if he slips under the radar for teams in Regions 1-5, he could be a gold mine for me. I'm hoping Peterson's prefs get me a CL, but he could be a 1/1 with a Boca or Pensacola. I think Glover is enough of a reach that he should come in clear with a soft max, but again, if there's any indication of another program on him, I'll jump ship and throw 15 RP at someone else in Weeks 2 and 3.

Well. That didn't turn out so hot.

#1: R20 Frank Metzger
#11: R3 Roger Noel
#27: R13 Cesar Peterson

UR: R2 Harold Elder
UR: R32 George Glover (Soft)

There's no way that Noel is a big tie, so I'm hoping he's a CPU-32-pointer.

Scratch Cisee.

Frank Metzger r20
Sandy Walker r1
Ezra Craig r11

If I'm going to get into a huge tie, may as well be with the slightly better player.

Frank Metzger r20 #1
Sandy Walker r1 #74
Ezra Craig r11 #21

Pulled off a nice win over Frankfort 81-78 w/ some solid all around play. Back and forth down the stretch w/ Jones hitting a big basket to put us ahead and Giannini hitting some clutch free-throws to force them to take a three in the final possession. GG awaken.

Recruiting came out alright: Barrett (2), Montana (35), Vargas (UL), Wise (UL). Not too bad for Montana and Wise is expected, but Vargas UL and Barrett 2 are both surprising. Barrett's a nice player but based on scrims there's a pretty decent chance his shot is dropping and if it does he's not worth much more than a 2/2. We've got great prefs so we'll stick around for now and hope he looks a bit better when the noise clears a bit.

An ugly 64-50 win over Pensacola. We shot 20/50 from the floor but 24/27 from the line. 6 assists and 3 turnovers for the game. Glad we brought our refs.

Cisee (46) and J. Grimaldi (UL). One netter listed, but that's bound to change.

Well. That didn't turn out so hot.

#27: R13 Cesar Peterson

There's no way that Noel is a big tie, so I'm hoping he's a CPU-32-pointer.

Huh. Not sure how to read into the Saturday updates. Metzger retains #1, Noel retains #11, and Peterson falls back a bit.

#37: R13 Cesar Peterson

Interesting. If Elder comes in a CL, my mind is going to explode. I thought he'd be the riskiest of my Elder-Noel-Peterson-Glover suite of maxes, sort of expected a 2/2. But he's a confident +6 IMO, and potential +7 or +8. I see easy GGEGGF, with up to GEEGGG potential.

Back