• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Cincinnati figures out its maxes. Assuming all these will be ties, couldn't find any below radar guys - and I need scoring or at least high percentage shooting

Corey Hernandez, C, Region 15
Dennis Simpson, C, Region 1
Edward Burke, PG, Region 14

I think you did a pretty good job with the bigs. While both are good +5's, they are outside my recruiting top 100 projection. Sure, they are too good to expect a CL, but there are so many... someone's going to be pleasantly surprised.

I played Hernadez against Jose Madison and he came through with flying colors. I am assuming Madison will be at least a 6/6, he is pretty much a stud.

So, we haven't won anything since last season. That's a bit disheartening. It also makes it tough for me to project what kind of win preference to pursue in a recruit.

Leaning Cisee (r19) and Grimaldi (r5). Not sure I can pull the trigger on the 12/12 tie that will be Metzger (r20). I am recruiting only players 6'9" or taller.

i am definitely looking at Hernandez out of my back yard in 15. down to about 10 options

Frankfort will be on Cisee. Our lisping team is already calling him "sissy" and he loves it. Pondering the other two.

I'm thinking about going in on Metzger, because a McCrory/Metzger frontcourt would just be babytown frolics.

Havent even looked at recruiting yet......

Same here. For years, I struggled to come up with a good system so I wouldn't have to pour over recruiting. Now I have one and I barely recruit. I'm not even a large program yet. I had to add credits last night.

That, and your 95% success rate on pulling in ties should have you confident.

So I read this HATEFUL JAB and I got super self-conscious and did some research.

Here's what I found. Of the 30 recruits I've brought in, 21 (66.7%) have been clear leads. The 21 clear leads have averaged a +5 ratings. The 9 won ties averaged a +5.3 rating. So, sure, the ties have been better players, but it's a pretty fucking close comparison, and I've either been very good or very lucky at identifying talented clear leads.

I went a little further, though, and found every single recruit that I've been in on since I came into the league. That's 48 players (27 ties, 21 clear leads). The 27 ties, assuming even odds across all ties (a flawed assumption, I am aware), produce an expected win value of 7.1 players. I won 9 ties. That's two extra players.

Basically: I've gotten a little lucky at winning ties, I guess. But I've had a few cases where I'd rather have had a clear lead over my won tie (HEY, FELIPE VALENTINE). I dunno. I think it evens out. I deserve some god damned respect.

No idea if you have been lucky, good, or in a region that isn't as active as some, but you have killed it with your CLs, no bones about it.

Whether I'm a good recruiter or not, I am a miserable fucking coach.

Frankfort Deacon Blues 94
Evansville Rachelwoods 78

Call it karma. I don't know. I can take a loss to Frankfort. They're an elite, well-rounded team. Getting blown out, though... yeah, it's a little bit frustrating.

I got c-punted by Carbondale. The Duluth message boards are pissed and rumors are floating around that Coach Ph hasn't even been out recruiting yet.

I got c-punted by Carbondale. The Duluth message boards are pissed and rumors are floating around that Coach Ph hasn't even been out recruiting yet.

Not sure what happened there. It certainly wasn't consistent with our previous performances. Having two turnovers all game helped and we finally got around to my original starting lineup concept for this season. Good luck the rest of the way, Ph. And don't recruit Cisee or Grimaldi. Thanks.

Well I didn't change my exhibition lineups again but they did well Monday and in scrimmages so who knows.

Got beat start to finish by Scranton, w/ the final ending up 93-83. Not sure what happened to our normally stout defense - 93 is a lot to give up w/ both teams playing slow. They shot 35/54 and had +19 fta. Yikes. Probably going to leave things alone for Frankfort to see if this was just a fluke but a major lineup readjustment may be coming.

Ran scrimmages tonight and I have 3 pretty much lined up, w/ 3 others up in the air for the last spot including Cisee.

good grief, i have no idea how we have won our first two regular season games...a pleasant surprise to say the least. Hector Hepp, who feels like he has been on this team for 10 seasons, is thriving at starting PF and is averaging 28ppg. thank goodness because the rest of the team is struggling with their shot: Carbajal = 36%; Nicholson = 42%. they were my leading scorers last season, shooting good percentages, so i expect them to rebound. Stackhouse is performing much better so far this season then in Exh games...needs to pick up on D.

next up is the most talented team in the league (by a large margin in recruit rankings) but yet surprisingly 0-2 Evansville Rachelwoods...i am expecting them to raise holy hell on us on Friday!

Frustrated but not panicked at this point. We need to play defense, and we need to hit our shots. The attributes say that we are a pretty solid defensive team, and obviously an elite shooting team, so those things will come.

The plusses here are obvious, though understated. Jess McCrory has been strong to start off his career, while Bryan Moore is finally showing some assertiveness on the offensive end. It would be nice to see some better efficiency from our PG and point forward, but again hopefully that comes with time. One option down the road could be moving Bowers to PG, Moore to SF, Case to PF, and Spencer to the bench. For now, though, Spencer will be given every chance to succeed on this team.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Philadelphia 72
Cincinnati 67

I will take a close loss to a solid Philly team. Had a chance to tie with 14 seconds left, got the rebound, dribbled twice, then threw the ball away. Story of the game with 15 TOs. Kinda shocked I even stayed in this one. Hoping this team is strong enough to make 1 or 2 more upsets the rest of the way to get me in the NTT.

Worst thing so far is my +7 PG is pretty much terribad. I was hoping for a 15/4/4 guy, instead, I have a 5/2/3.5 guy, shooting only 33% from the field with only 1 steal and 1.5 TOs and also averaging 3 fouls per game, which sucks since he is E intelligence. My stud FR C Robbie Towery is solid everywhere except he is a complete turnover machine - averaging 3 per game. I turned up his shooting, even though he isn't a good shooter, to get the ball out of his hands as much as possible - that made for a 4/8 night from the field with 5 TOs against Philly. My other FR SF Levi Love is giving up 19 PPG to opposing SF, which isn't good either.

Having typed all that, I feel much worse about my team and the future.

Back