• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Won a 2/2 for a PG (+5) and got two decent CL bigs (+5/-1, +3).

Last edited:
Nothing like a nice class to make up for a disappointing end of the season. Fargo brings in 2 CL and a 4/4 tie on a local stud big man in Maurice Smart for a 4/2 +16 class. The new Wheatshuckers:

Jeffrey Shaw 6'4 FEFEGG CL: Shaw was a bit of an afterthought in the class - had him as an 0/1 at 15rpe at the reveal and pegged him as a guy likely to have nice +/- but not a true position which is more or less how he turned out. Probably best suited for bsg or maybe bsf, but we're set at the sg slots for now and have a lot of options at bsf. He'll get a shot in exo's but he's a likely na this season.

Randall Reay 6'11 FGFEFG CL: Came in pretty much best case scenario. Not much of an offensive weapon but a big I'll be happy to bring off the bench for 4 seasons and could start as an upperclassmen should the need arise. Happy to have him.

Maurice Smart 7'1 GGGGEF 4/4: Thought he might come in a bit differently. He was by turns mediocre and dominant as a scorer in scrimmages and was really hoping for E shot but we'll certainly take it. 54/45/84 in HS so hopefully he's close. I probably wanted Young a little more (congrats Pilot) but Smart is a much better fit on the current roster. A 4 yr starter in the frontcourt.

Overall this puts us at +57/-4. Talent-wise we're pretty much the same as a season ago but with our SR class being our weakest a deep NTT run is quite a bit less likely. This class is also -3 sht from the recent graduates, so we'll be looking to add some scorers in the upcoming class. Congrats to all the nice classes!

Fargo s78 season preview:

Overall: +57/-4
Proj. starters: +28/-1
Proj. bench: +21/-3
Proj: na: +8

Sht: +9 Def: +14 Hands: +8/-2 Reb: +15 Int: +5/-2 Ath: +6

PG: We had an overabundance of pg options a season ago but w/ King and Dorrance gone, we're down to just 2 real ones. The stronger of those looks to be 6'5 SO Dennis Giannini (+5), who had a strong FR campaign as a distributor at bpg/bsf, taking care of the ball and bringing solid efficiency as a shooter though I'd like to see a little more production defensively. The other option, 6'4 JR Lawrence May (+6), is the likely backup. Despite doing little to live up to his exc hands he's proven to be a competent scorer who brings decent defense to the table. If either Giannini or May falter too badly, there's a chance 6'8 SR Wayne Richards (+4) or 6'4 FR Jeffrey Shaw (+6) could step in though Richards height is more useful elsewhere and Shaw's lack of hands would make him a major concern. This is definitely a position we'll be looking hard at in recruiting.

SG: 6'6 SR Mike Jones (+4/-1) has started at the 2 for the past 2 seasons, and I don't see any reason that won't continue. He can shoot and defend, w/ his biggest issue being a lack of consistency - last season he scored 20+ 8 times as a second option but also put up an 8/27, 3/16, and 4/14. Hopefully, he'll get that under control in his final season. 6'6 SO Doug Caldwell shot 60% from the floor a season ago at bSG and looks to be the clear favorite to continue in the role before moving into the starting lineup following Jones' graduation. We have options should the need arise - Shaw or 6'7 SR Louie Schneck (+2) should both be able to hold down the fort - but aside from injuries I don't foresee making any changes here.

SF: 6'7 JR Haywood Easley (+7) is the returner here. He does it all but score, and as the best non-scorer on the roster is all but guaranteed a spot in the starting lineup. There's a chance Caldwell could slide up here if we get desperate for scoring, but his lack of hands and average height make that unlikely. bSF is probably the position on the roster most up for grabs w/ Shaw, Schneck and Richards all in contention and either pg capable of filling the role if need be. Richards' experience and capability as a distributor will get him the early nod, but he's a potential fill-in elsewhere so we'll see.

PF/C: 7'1 FR Maurice Smart (+6) and 6'11 JR Michael Halcomb (+6) should be the starters in the frontcourt, w/ Smart's size and + hands getting him the early lean at C. Halcomb has proven to be a solid piece but hasn't shown any star potential, while Smart will come in w/ some of the highest expectations of any recruit in Fargo history. Both can score, defend and rebound, at least on paper, but one of the two needs to step up as a high-level scoring option. The bench will likely feature 6'11 FR Randall Reay (+4) and 7'1 SO Avery McCall (+3/-2). They both look to have the potential to be elite rebounders and bring solid defense and a little bit of scoring but Reay is unproven and McCall struggled mightily in his first season. Hopefully, Reay lives up to his ratings and McCall breaks out a little bit. Richards is really the only other likely option here.

Outlook: This team should again be among the most talented in the league by the mags. On paper we should dominate on the glass w/ a frontcourt loaded w/ size and rebounding but that hasn't happened in seasons past, and probably more importantly, we're lacking in go-to scorers. Jones and Caldwell are the only E-shots on the roster and they can't really play together so we really need Smart or Halcomb, or potentially one of the pgs to step up as a legitimate second scoring option. Our defense once again looks stout so if that happens a third straight F4 is a reasonable goal; if not, the S16 is probably best case scenario.

Evansville Rachelwoods S78 Preview:

Career Record: 169-71 (.704)
S77 Record: 21-3 (#8)
S76 Record: 17-7 (#45)
S75 Record: 17-7 (#56)
S74 Record: 19-5 (#23)
S73 Record: 19-5 (#13)
S72 Record: 20-4 (#12)
S71 Record: 20-4 (#12)
S70 Record: 17-7 (#61)
S69 Record: 13-11 (#103)
S68 Record: 6-18 (#196)

Recent Recruting Classes:
Freshman Class: +17 (1/1)
Sophomore Class: +20 (3/1)
Junior Class: +15 (12/5)
Senior Class: +18 (6/2)
Overall: +70 (Avg 6/2)

Ratings:
Shooting: +18
Defense: +11
Hands: +10
Rebounding: +12
Intelligence: +11
Athleticism: +8

Starting Lineup (+34):
PG Walter Spencer (+7)- Spencer takes over a year early for senior PG Marvin Tober, who lost his grip on a starting job last season. They're two very different players-- Tober is one of the very best pass-first point guards in League 7 (and Evansville's all-time assist leader), and his exceptional rebounding skills make him sneakily valuable. Spencer, on the other hand, is a scoring point guard with a skillet that's similar to Evansville legend John Lawson's. He did get three starts at the end of last season, and was underwhelming, but he was also deferring quite a bit in those games to other shooters, a trend that we don't expect to continue.
SG Jerry Kennedy (+6)- As Kennedy enters his senior season, he's already one of our program's very best all-time scorers, ranking #13 all-time in points (6 behind outgoing grad Bruce Birdsong). The interesting thing is how his scoring profile has developed: His minutes have declined each season (and with that, his points), and he compensated a dip in playing time last season with a barrage of threes, taking more threes as a junior than he did in the previous two seasons combined. Here's the thing, though: His efficiency didn't suffer, and the BocaKiller played with a remarkable consistency that led to a third straight All-C13 First Team honor. Look for more of the same this year, as Kennedy prepares to hand off his torch to sophomore bSG Ethan Samuel.
SF Kevin Bowers (+7)- Coming into his freshman season, Bowers was tasked with sky high expectations, ranked as the 4th best recruit Evansville had ever brought in. Bowers was envisioned as an elite point forward, and it took him a little while to catch on. After a Game 7 in which Bowers was held scoreless, though, he hit his stride. From there on out, he averaged 10.4 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 2.8 assists. His assist numbers weren't quite where we wanted them, but Bowers did carve out a surprising niche as a sniper, with a shooting slash line of .492/.529/.667. That's honestly just a strange line for a player to have, never mind for a player that I wasn't even trying to have shooting threes (he went 31/58). He also proved his considerable rebounding skills, and at his best, threatened a triple double against Ft Myers (19/13/8/2/3). I'd expect something like his post-Game 7 line this season, perhaps with toned down, perimeter-based scoring. Look for a 6/6/3 line on the season.
PF Bryan Moore (+7)- It's hard to look at Moore's sophomore season as anything other than a disappointment. He was coming off of a C13 Freshman of the Year award, and was poised to break out as a bona fide superstar. Instead, Moore had a very good, not great season. He opened up his shooting a bit on the perimeter, and progressed nicely defensively, but his scoring and rebounding numbers declined across the board. This season, he'll again be given every opportunity to become the star of the Rachelwoods, though it's hard to envision him every truly becoming a superstar at this point. A likely line would be a workmanlike 18 and 6.
C Jess McCrory (+7)- The highest rated big man to ever play for Evansville, McCrory will start out his career as a center. He played point guard in high school, and has the tools to be an exceptional oversized point forward. Here, he takes the reins from Bruce Birdsong, who graduates as the best all-around center in program history. McCrory has the potential to average 20 and 10 someday, but with the scoring and rebounding options on this team, he's more likely to start out in the 15 and 8 neighborhood. Still, his presence alone on this team leaves great reason for excitement for the next four seasons.

Bench (+28):
For the third straight season, Evansville sets a program record for highest rated bench. This year, the guy manning our bPG spot is senior Marvin Tober (+7). Tober has started here for the past three seasons, and he's already set a career record for assists. He's a pass-first type that can do just about everything except shoot. On this team (where literally everybody else can shoot), he's a dream fit at the point, but with Spencer getting a shot, Tober will start off S78 on the bench. His backup backcourt mate will be sophomore bSG Ethan Samuel (+6), who was brutally efficient last season and made most Rachelwoods fans comfortable with the idea of him taking over for now-senior Kennedy. Samuel should be a scoring matchup nightmare as a starter, though he'll again hone his skills from the bench this year. Freshman bSF Devon Landry (+5) was somewhat disappointing ratings-wise, but he has solid point forward skills, and should be able to hit more shots than he did as a high schooler. Landry did shoot 53% in HS, but took almost no shots, and that sort of measured efficiency is exactly what we look for offensively from our bench. Freshman bPF Demond Case (+5) kicks off a somewhat undersized backup frontcourt. Case can shoot and defend with the best of them, but he needs to round the rest of his game out to have a chance to crack our starting lineup-- especially when you consider that he's essentially a lesser version of Moore. The second half of that backup frontcourt is junior bC Jeffry Winter (+5), a guy who is two years removed from being a fantastic third option as a starter on offense. Winter did adapt to a bench role last season, and his 60% FG% was tops on the team. It sucks, because like all of our bench players, he would flourish as a first or second option on most teams. Here, he's a complementary piece, and while that's great, great news for us, it's gotta be frustrating for them.

Reserves (+8):
For the first time in as long as I can remember, our reserves aren't +6, but +8. That means that senior SF/PF/C Jacquez Czech (+5) has once again seen his minutes slashed. Czech performed really well as a freshman starting SF/PF, but his inability to play defense has plagued him throughout his career. He could see some time this year in matchup rotations, but it's unlikely. His reserve mate is junior SF/PF Arthur Beck (+3), who seems unlikely to be able to crack our rotation in the next two seasons.

S78 Outlook:
We're coming off of the best record in program history for the Rachelwoods, and we didn't just get better; we got way better. Last season, we suffered a disappointing second round exit in the NTT, and this year, it's postseason success or bust. We need to realize our expectations. We need to win. This is not a team that "will go as far as _____ takes us". We are so well rounded that no one player is that important. We'll have nights where Kennedy will score 30, or where Moore will go off, or where McCrory will erupt. And sure, Kennedy will probably lead the team in scoring again. But any given player on any given night could lead this team in any given category, and that's a dangerous quality for a battle-seasoned, hungry team to have.

RSF, where did Gross scrimmage best for you. He was a HS PG, and I wanted him at PG; but he didn't scrimmage well there. So now he's SF/PF...

I didn't run scrimmages last season, and Gross didn't play in the tournament.

Also: You didn't sign Gross because I signed 3 better. He was actually the #3 guy in my PP prefs. You won him in a tie.

Here are the DeACCon scheduling mistakes this season. I PMed them to kmoney.

#159 Duluth:
Reg Game 1 from San Francisco to Eugene
Reg Game 2 from Salt Lake City to Carbondale
Reg Game 3 from Carbondale to Odessa

#137 Frankfort:
Reg Game 1 from Evansville to Odessa
Reg Game 2 from Odessa to Evansville
Reg Game 3 from Jackson to Fargo

#168 Fargo:
Reg Game 1 from Oxford to Evansville
Reg Game 3 from Evansville to Frankfort

#103 Evansville:
Reg Game 1 from Frankfort to Fargo
Reg Game 2 from Dearborn to Frankfort
Reg Game 3 from Fargo to Dearborn

#197 Odessa:
Reg Game 1 from Vicksburg to Frankfort
Reg Game 2 from Frankfort to Dearborn
Reg Game 3 from Dearborn to Duluth

#139 Carbondale:
Reg Game 2 from Pensacola to Duluth
Reg Game 3 from Duluth to Pensacola

#120 Dearborn:
Reg Game 2 from Evansville to Odessa
Reg Game 3 from Odessa to Evansville

#93 Pensacola:
Reg Game 2 from Carbondale to Eugene
Reg Game 3 from Little Rock to Carbondale

#244 Eugene:
Reg Game 1 from Green Bay to Duluth
Reg Game 2 from Greenville to Pensacola

I have to be the least successful coach in W-L relative to talent in DeACCon history, so who the shit knows?

I could go 17-7 again this season and nobody would bat an eye... Really gotta deliver on the results this year.

Hell freezes over - Cincy brings in the 7/9 class with a +7 PG (GGGGEG)+5 C (FEFEFG) and a +4 glue guy (FGGFGG).

Still am missing a big time scorer - just going to have to play strong defense.

To expound:

Ty Wilson +7 (GGGGEG) - best recruit I have ever had, ratings wise. Should be an easy plug and play as my starting PG for 4 years - averaged 16/4/4 in HS, would be awesome if he could duplicate. Also, been needin them smart guys to go along with my cromagnon foulers I have now. Wilson also marks my first won tie in 6 seasons, it was a 1/1 - pretty happy to break the streak.

Robbie Towery +5 (FEFEFG) - a stud defender and rebounder in HS with 10+ boards a game a little over 2 blocks and 1 steal per game. Averaged 14.5 points in HS, was hoping for a G shot, but this should work. Towery will be an immediate starter - just depends on PF or C with my incumbent +3 C coming off a respectable 11/6 season. Towery was a CL, and by the end I was rooting to lose my 2/2 max that played center so I would get Towery. Worked out.

Levi Love +4 (FGGFGG) - a 6'8 combo forward that can't rebound is tricky. I am going to start him at bSF early on - my goal would be for him to start at SF next year or even this year if I can figure out a way to move my current SF to SG and still maintain any kind of scoring. He averaged 19+ points per game in high school, so I thought he might get that G bump. He was a great scrimmage guy and I was siked to get an easy CL on him.

My best overall class ever at +16 - just hope I can do something with it and build a team that can score.

I have to be the least successful coach in W-L relative to talent in DeACCon history, so who the shit knows?

I could go 17-7 again this season and nobody would bat an eye... Really gotta deliver on the results this year.

Yeah, definitely wouldn't bat an eye. I would, however, point and laugh.

RedSox, tau, DaDeacs, and anybody else. Are you all planning to do the PS3 NCAA 14 dynasty?

RedSox, tau, DaDeacs, and anybody else. Are you all planning to do the PS3 NCAA 14 dynasty?

I am not. Don't have a stable Internet connection or time with the way work is going up here in Roanoke.

Just got back from Mexico so hopefully I'll get time to post about the end of Flagstaffs season And our recruits later. Disappointing to say the least but added some useful pieces

As discussed a little earlier Flagstaff made a valiant run to the Final Four last season but alas, we couldn't pull out the title as New Haven took us out on it's way to the title. For a team that I had little hope for at the beginning of the season it was nice to see a truly great senior guard lead us to a deep tourney run. Garrett William was a 1st team all league selection (my first in a very long time) as well as a top 10 draft pick. He will be sorely missed and we will suffer without his leadership. Anyways, with the recruits we struck out on a 5/5 and a 1/1 tie and landed two CL's and a 2/2 tie in which both teams I was tied with were recruiting badly against prefs. The result is a 83/68 class that does add some size to our squad that was lacking last season. Here are the newest WhipperSnappers:

Billy Sherman 6'11 2/2 Tie Win +4/-1

Sherman is the star of the class and is a nice addition to the squad. I couldn't get a great read on throughout recruiting but as the best big in C32 and the surrounding area I am glad to bring him in. He's a big that can score/rebound/defend which is something I haven't had in a while. With shooting splits of 55/22/75 we are hoping he can be a consistent presence down low for us.

Trace Kessler 6'10 +1 0/1 tie win

Kessler was a poorly scouted player that we hoped would bump in a few categories but that didn't happen but we still have a solid backup big who plays great defense. He will instantly become our best shot blocker and we hope to round out the rest of his game with some gym time.

Jeffrey Tolbert +3 6'1 CL

Nothing really special about Tolbert, and his shot actually dropped which was surprising but it's not a big deal. He should be a okay bPG until he is hopefully replaced in the coming seasons. If not, he won't win or lose us any games.

Well there is the new group and unfortunately we aren't expecting too much from them. They have a potential All-Conference player in Sherman and then two role players. With the graduation of William we lack a +/- stud on the team that can lead us on a deep NTT run (I think that's the case anyway) but we do have some weapons and a good mix of guys who have defined roles so we should be fairly competitive once again. Hope that we can win another C32 title and keep our PR up for recruiting this season. I'll be going after a stud big, a wing scorer, and scoring PG's this cycle so it will be interesting to see what I end up with. GL to everyone this season.

+70 is re-got-damn-diculous

Sure is. I'm staring at a paltry +40/-1, but the squad I had last season checked in at only +44 so it's not a huge difference. Will be interesting to see how I match up with several more "talented teams" in the DeACCon Invitational.

Evansville Rachelwoods 88
Carbondale Violence 68

And so it begins. Freshman C Jess McCrory kicked off his career with a 22 point (on 13 shots!), 9 rebound effort, albeit in an exhibition game. Jerry Kennedy added 18 points, while Kevin Bowers scored 6 points to go along with 7 assists. The Rachelwoods rained down three after three, tallying a 15/30 mark before all was said and done. Solid start to the season. We get Odessa on Wednesday.

good grief, we got the crap beat out of us last night by awaken...looks like i have a ton of work to do with this team.

we are lacking in rebounding and it may be worse that i could have imagined. awaken out-rebounded us 43-18! :eek: i haven't been able to get post players in the previous 3 recruiting classes but luckily landed Blanchard this season, thank God. regardless, we have major issues and i have to figure it out...quick! trying to rebuild and luckily my SR and JR classes are my worst (all last-resort players). i will be maxing all big men!

good game awaken...nice team you have in Frankfort.

Back