• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Fargo survives another tight one to advance past Stockton and onto the finals 73-72. They got up early and led by 7 at the half but we fought back and neither team led by more than 3 for the final 12 minutes. We survived a horrific game from sg Mike Jones who went 3-16 and 2-5 from the line including the front end of a 1-and-1 w/ :15 left and a 1-pt lead. Luckily, they could only manage a 3 from their 7 foot SF who couldn't convert. As has been the case this entire tournament, Aaron King led the way w/ 22 on 10/16 whie forcing his counterpart into 6 tos, and we also got strong shooting from our back-up guards who combined for 22 themselves.

We're likely decided underdogs for the championship against a strong New Haven team, who took care of Flagstaff. At first glance they look to be another high-powered offense, and we'll have to hope our experience can get us through.

Exhibition Opponents
Duluth
Carbondale
Odessa

Regular Season Opponents
Evansville
Scranton
Frankfort

Exhibition Opponents
Philadelphia
Evansville
Fargo

Regular Season Opponents
Frankfort
Dearborn
Duluth

Fargo survives another tight one to advance past Stockton and onto the finals 73-72. They got up early and led by 7 at the half but we fought back and neither team led by more than 3 for the final 12 minutes. We survived a horrific game from sg Mike Jones who went 3-16 and 2-5 from the line including the front end of a 1-and-1 w/ :15 left and a 1-pt lead. Luckily, they could only manage a 3 from their 7 foot SF who couldn't convert. As has been the case this entire tournament, Aaron King led the way w/ 22 on 10/16 whie forcing his counterpart into 6 tos, and we also got strong shooting from our back-up guards who combined for 22 themselves.

We're likely decided underdogs for the championship against a strong New Haven team, who took care of Flagstaff. At first glance they look to be another high-powered offense, and we'll have to hope our experience can get us through.

Good-Luck-Were-All-Counting-on-You1-200x133.jpg

Sincerely,

tumblr_mhpf8rUECy1qafimoo1_400.gif

Frankfort Deacon Blues

Don't let Gantt and Price beat you. Price lit up my Fair defender for 32 pts - double his 16 ppg average. Have confidence in yourself. If you got this far, you have good reason to trust your instincts.

We don't have any fair defenders on the roster, so hopefully we can limit their stars. Ended up going w/ the lineup we've used most of the season w/ Jones (g deg/g ath) on Price and Easley (e def/g ath) on Gantt. Also, Price was f- scouted w/ p- def so I'm hopeful Jones can rebound from his horrendous F4 performance to hopefully match Price's scoring.

Carbondale finishes with its best PR (3) since Season 67. Of course, the year we finish 3rd, Frankfort ends up 2nd. Perfect, really.

Beating Philly is always a good time and this time we won 70-58 (won by 11 in the preseason). Ended up going 5-1 in the NTT, including 3 wins against Top 10 teams, with our only loss coming in the S16 against Camden when we had two players dinged up. This was a much better season that I expected out of this crew. That doesn't happen too often.

As far as recruiting goes...

Morris Lyons(r16)- 4/4. He's a 6'9" HS C averaging 18/10 with decent hands and Good D. Coin toss. I should fit the Exc- win preference ok.
Douglas Sanchez(r23)- 2/2. He's a 6'11" HS C averaging 19/8 with crummy hands and Excellent D. Neutral prefs.
Brett Rahman(r12)- CL. 6'3" HS SG averaging 22.5 ppg. Acceptable hands and D.
Ervin Rivas(r12)- CL. 6'3" HS SG who looks like a pretty good PG prospect until you see he has the IQ of a sweet potato.
Billy Edds(r21)- CL. 6'7" HS SF that profiles as a stupid, butterfingered high scoring bPF.
Donnie Rice(r17)- CL. 6'0" HS PG that could make an ok bPG in a pinch.

Finished 23-1 with my only loss being in the first round of the NTT. :rulz:

Fargo goes down 77-68 in the finals. We trailed by 5-10 for most of the second half and didn't really threaten until scoring 5 points in 12 seconds and cutting it to 3 w/ 1:20 left. New Haven made their fts though and those would be our last points of the game.

The Jones/Price matchup went exactly as I hoped, w/ Jones going for 30 and holding Price to 15 on 5/13 shooting, but King was held in check (4/8, 8 pts) and we couldn't get any offense outside of at sg. Getting beat on the glass hurt as well, as that's something that should be a strength for us and of relative weakness for them. A rough game but all in all a very nice run.

We'll miss our seniors (King: EGGFGG, Stern: GGFGFG, Dorrance: GGGGFF) who were probably a touch overrated at 3/2 but still a damn good class. King in particular will be hard to lose; after a sluggish start to his career he blossomed into the strongest player on back to back F4 teams and a legitimate all-time Fargo great. Recruiting remains unchanged from this:

Our current recruiting:
Smart (21): 4/4
Young (23): 3/3
Beaty (16): 2/2
Thompson (32): 1pt net trail 1/1
Reay (14): CL
Shaw (28): CL

Good luck to everyone tomorrow morning!

Like Carbondale, Frankfort finished 5-1 in the NTT - losing to eventual champ New Have, who then took out two other Deacs en route to the title. Several Deacon coaches deserve congratulations this year:
1) congrats to Carbondale on their C18 title, 5-1 NTT, and #3 PR this year. Don't worry about me finishing #2, little brother - there's a lot of room to be good below me. Every band can't be the Beatles. ;)
2) congrats to texasdeac and his Scranton team's 23-1 finish. Why not bolster your SOS and interest in the early season play in the DeACCon?
3) congrats to storm for a great career. I hope he was encouraged by Fargo and Carbondale's NTT runs, and will choose to continue
4) congrats to Flagstaff and Fargo for also falling to eventual champ New Haven in the NTT. There's some consolation in that for us.....somewhere.

Frankfort graduates
LaRon Hawkins EFEFGG - scoring PG, starter
Dwayne Tarin GGEFFG - defensive PG, starter
Donald Walker FGGEFF - glue guy who played bSG, bSF, bPF

Recruiting
Code:
Recruit           Atts  w3/w12 Teams
Gilbert Fuller   FGGFeG  1 1   Scranton
Roy Rawlinson    FGGFPG  2 2   Grand Rapids, Louisville
Ronald Scroggins EGFGfG  2 2   Sarasota, Fort Wayne
Neil Gross       gGgGFe  0 1   Evansville
Freddie Daigle   EGfFFF  CL
Austin Hollis    geFefg  CL
Buddy Thai       eFFGfG  1 1   Waterloo

PP: Fuller 5; Scroggins, Gross, Hollis 3; Rawlinson, Daigle, Thai with 1.

Evansville, too, finished 5-1 in the NTT following a win against Dearborn. We set program records in wins (21) and PR (#8), but ultimately, a second round NTT loss to Carbondale made this season a disappointment.

Recruiting today should be really interesting. Lots of wild cards across the board, as the CPU coaches seem to have gone haywire with maxing against prefs this season. Here's where Evansville stands.

1.) Justin McClain: 6'11" PF/C (12/12 tie)
Estimated Ratings: GEGGGG

2.) Jess McCrory: 6'11" PF/C (5/5 tie)
Estimated Ratings: EGGGEF

3.) Neil Gross: 6'7" SF/PF (0/1 trail)
Estimated Ratings: GGGGGG or FGGGGE

4.) Devon Landry: 6'7" SF/PF (CL)
Estimated Ratings: GGEGGG

5.) Demond Case: 6'7" SF/PF (CL)
Estimated Ratings: GEFGGF

6.) Manuel Ramirez: 6'10" PF/C (CL)
Estimated Ratings: FGGGGF

I had percentage chances for classes filled out like I have in years past, but I think I deleted it. Basically, three teams are recruiting McCrory against strong prefs, which makes it essentially a three-way battle between myself, Odessa, and Boca Raton. I think I have the edge over Boca in that one, with Odessa getting the edge over me. We'll see, though. McClain is obviously a lotto ticket. Even though I trail Frankfort by 5 RP for Neil Gross, I do have a strong edge in prefs for him, so I'm hoping that evens out to a 50/50 shot.

Anyway. I won't be around for most of the morning, so unfortunately I won't be in chat. Good luck to everyone!!

Last edited:
One thing that does concern me is a dire need for size. If I whiff on McClain and McCrory and win Gross, my tallest players will be Jeffry Winter, 6'8"... followed by six (6!) players at 6'7", and two more at 6'6".

Could be a fun experiment next season.

Carbondale's seniors were ranked 105/92.

The gem of that class was Ian Sheppard a two-time First Team All-Conference 18 selection. He was our starting SG for the past two years and shot 50/45/75 this season for a 17.6ppg average. He was also a pretty good defender, averaging 1.4spg in a Zone defense. He was rated EGFFFF. We got a sense of what life will be like without him since he missed the last 3 games of the NTT.

Leonard Heinrichs started his first three seasons, but he never quite lived up to his GGPGGE ratings at PF. He gave me 14/5 with decent defense those years, but he really seemed to thrive playing from the bench. Playing in a backup capacity, his efficiency shone through and he won us several games this season when no one else could get any traction.

Shane Weatherspoon played bSG and bSF for the most part for us. His career highlight may have come yesterday when he shot 6/7 from the floor for 12 points in 16 minutes of play. He was a pretty reliable scorer from the bench, always chipping in 2-3 buckets. He was FGPFFG.

I feel like I have a replacement for Sheppard in Brett Rahman and it shouldn't be so tough replacing bench folk. Good luck to everyone in recruiting!

Recruits are up.

Holy god yes. I won the 5/5 for McCrory, and also signed Demond Case and Devon Landry. It ended up being a +17, 1/1 class.

Case came in about as expected. Landry came in lower than expected.

I am pumped.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Morris Lyons(r16)- 4/4. He's a 6'9" HS C averaging 18/10 with decent hands and Good D. Coin toss. I should fit the Exc- win preference ok.
Douglas Sanchez(r23)- 2/2. He's a 6'11" HS C averaging 19/8 with crummy hands and Excellent D. Neutral prefs.
Brett Rahman(r12)- CL. 6'3" HS SG averaging 22.5 ppg. Acceptable hands and D.
Ervin Rivas(r12)- CL. 6'3" HS SG who looks like a pretty good PG prospect until you see he has the IQ of a sweet potato.
Billy Edds(r21)- CL. 6'7" HS SF that profiles as a stupid, butterfingered high scoring bPF.
Donnie Rice(r17)- CL. 6'0" HS PG that could make an ok bPG in a pinch.

Lyons goes to Milwaukee. Sanchez goes to Baltimore. Back to not landing maxes, apparently. Still, not a bad class as far as netters go- 54/23. So, we get a short class and I'm apparently not allowed to land a recruit that can play defense.

Hell freezes over - Cincy brings in the 7/9 class with a +7 PG (GGGGEG)+5 C (FEFEFG) and a +4 glue guy (FGGFGG).

Still am missing a big time scorer - just going to have to play strong defense.

I won one max, which I am pretty happy with! I was praying for 2, but i'll take it.

I landed Ignacio Young, my #1 coveted player (dang it why did you not come here also Kenny Bolton?!)
Young comes in at a +9 EEGEGG :eek::eek::eek: so it will be a lot of fun having him for 4 years.

I got a solid PG in Jeremy Welty that comes in a +4 GGFGGF

and my random player it gave me this cycle Anthony Walker +1/-2 FPPFFG (obviously an NA slot)

I had one of the strangest ranked classes I have ever seen, coming in at 5/102 :confused::confused:

Another interesting note: my sharpshooter Gerald Stthomas(only a sophomore) is now a 7 footer. That will be fun

Recruiting
Code:
Recruit           Atts  w3/w12 Teams
Gilbert Fuller   FGGFeG  1 1   [B][I]Scranton[/I][/B]
Roy Rawlinson    FGGFPG  2 2   [I][B]Grand Rapids[/B][/I], Louisville
Ronald Scroggins EGFGfG  2 2   [B][I]Sarasota[/I][/B], Fort Wayne
[B]Neil Gross [/B]      gGgGFe  0 1   Evansville
[B]Freddie Daigle [/B]  EGfFFF  CL
[B]Austin Holli[/B]s    geFefg  CL
Buddy Thai       eFFGfG  1 1   [I]Waterloo[/I]

PP: Fuller 5; Scroggins, Gross, Hollis 3; Rawlinson, Daigle, Thai with 1.

Landed Gross, Daigle, Hollis for +13, 12/13 class.

Real disappointed to lose coin flip over Fuller. Thought I might get him CL as a max, but Scranton was there; and he won the flip. Enjoy him, texasdeac, I think he'll be a good one. I get Gross bc RSF signed 3 better - a nice +6 crumb. I think Hollis will be a nice find for me and his Exc defense will be something new in Frankfort. Waterloo must have won Thai bc I have Thai > Daigle in scrimmages and est attributes. Waterloo also signed Roger Sends, so DiV and I get to enjoy that name for four more seasons. Like DiV, I won no ties (all small, reasonable ties too #smh), but we're treading water until we do.

RSF, where did Gross scrimmage best for you. He was a HS PG, and I wanted him at PG; but he didn't scrimmage well there. So now he's SF/PF...

Silva grew 2" to 6'10,

Last edited:
Solid class for Dearborn, 43/49.

Blanchard +5
Stackhouse +6/-1
Culver +2 - very disappointing, expected better with his stats and my research

More later...going on the boat

Back