• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Frankfort made the E8 with a 76-62 win over Kissimmee. We had four starters in double figures; they had two. We get #1 New Haven next. Regardless of outcome, this has been our deepest run in the NTT in a while.

Recruiting:
Gary Fuller 1/1
Roy Rawlinson 2/2
Ronald Scruggins 2/2
Neil Gross 0/1, but don't fit Local pref like RSF does
Freddie Daigle CL - nice EGFFFF bSG
Austin Hollis CL - scrimmages better than his HS stats; brings defense to the equation which is something fairly new to Frankfort.

This is supposed to be a PG class, but Fuller is the only starter PG . Neil Gross is quite a find, but not a PG per HS scrimmages. CL's are SG's. This may end up being a SG/SF class if I don't land Fuller. Coe and Perkins can be PG's next year, so I can afford to take the 3 best recruits.

RSF, what is our final DeACCon field? The 15 above minus Boca :tear: ?

Seems that way. Never got a sure answer from Duluth, but I assume PH is in?

Went all or nothing in L15 recruiting and had ties of 1/1, 1/1, 2/2, and 5/5 and missed on all to get a 240ish/250ish class. One of the 1/1s and the 2/2 went to warak who brought in a top 10 class. Wish I could have the success in that league I have in L7 but its a different animal. Will probably just go all out with 4 maxes until I hit a few to build around. My team is garbage now. Unfortunate but IMO L15 is a crap shoot as its predicated on winning maxes, building a net is basically impossible with so many active players.

Here is the DeACCon Tournament for S78:

Code:
Team/Game  E1      E2     E3     R1     R2     R3
137        120    159    139    197    103    168
168        159    139    197    103     22    137
103        139    197    115    168    137    120
197         28    103    168    137    120    159
139        103    168    137    120    159     93
159        168    137    120    244    139    197
120        137    124    159    139    197    103
256        124    244     93     28    115     22
22         244     93     28    115    168    256
115         93     28    103     22    256    124
28         197    115     22    256    124    244
93         115     22    256    124    244    139
244         22    256    124    159     93     28
124        256    120    244     93     28    115

DiV, you and I play in the 3rd exhibition game. It was too much of a pain in the ass to change it around, so if you want, we can schedule similar non-tournament opponents that game. You'll try to schedule a top 10 team, and I'll schedule a team of mouth breathers who reek of corn chips.

Here is the DeACCon Tournament for S78:
DiV, you and I play in the 3rd exhibition game. It was too much of a pain in the ass to change it around, so if you want, we can schedule similar non-tournament opponents that game. You'll try to schedule a top 10 team, and I'll schedule a team of mouth breathers who reek of corn chips.

Meh, whatever. I'll exhibition you. I don't care.

Went all or nothing in L15 recruiting and had ties of 1/1, 1/1, 2/2, and 5/5 and missed on all to get a 240ish/250ish class. One of the 1/1s and the 2/2 went to warak who brought in a top 10 class. Wish I could have the success in that league I have in L7 but its a different animal. Will probably just go all out with 4 maxes until I hit a few to build around. My team is garbage now. Unfortunate but IMO L15 is a crap shoot as its predicated on winning maxes, building a net is basically impossible with so many active players.

Yeah, we pulled in a nice class in L15. Kline is a +6/-1, Redding is +4 and the big fish was a 5/5 tie in Dwayne Perkins a +5/-1 mismatch...6'11 with E wheels!

I really like L15 and although I just brought in my first 3 max class, I usually don't win ties. Outside of this class I won a 1/1 for O'Reilly and 2/2 for Runner. Playing the net is really tough and getting harder every season. Maxing 4 every season will kill you sooner or later unless you get really lucky.

Sorry about your class

Frankfort takes New Haven to OT, but throws the ball away too many times down the stretch. The Deacon Blues fall 90-84. Their SG Bobby Price, who came in averaging around 16 ppg, goes off for 32 pts on 19 shots. Dagger. Good progression this season given that we were eliminated in first or second round last year. Going from 32 to F4 would have been too good to realistically expect. On to experimenting an recruiting.

Good luck to Flagstaff and Fargo in the F4! Pilot, stop Price and Gantt. Make someone else beat you.

Exhibition Opponents
Dearborn
Duluth
Carbondale

Regular Season Opponents
Odessa
Evansville
Fargo

Fargo survives a defensive battle w/ Camden by the skin of our teeth, 70-69 in 2ot. King once again carried the day going for 20 on 8-12 shooting and was the only starter for either team w/ >50% shooting from the floor. Their star PF Mackie got 25 put took 26 shots to do it. It was a tight game throughout and we missed the front end of a couple 1 and 1s in the final minutes that would have given us some breathing room, allowing them to get the tying jumper w/ 5 secs left in regulation. In ot, we went up 5 w/ under a minute but a key to let them get the tying 3 w/ 6 secs left. Finally in the 2nd ot, trailing by 1 we missed three chances to take the lead in the last minute before Easley was fouled w/ 1 sec left and hit both fts. I had visions of last seasons F4 choke job against Glendale so was very relieved to pull it out.

This marks Fargo's 3d trip to the F4 in the past 4 seasons, still hunting our first title. To get another chance we'll need to get through a Stockton team w/ a lot of size and a high-octane offense. Tough loss to awaken, and good luck to Flagstaff! Hope to see you in the finals!

We had a tough loss to Camden in the Sweet 16, losing our SG in the process. We bounced back nicely with a 9 pt win, though it was an ugly game. We rested our two most productive players (Laramie Workman was living on Cond 9 and Ian Sheppard hit Cond 4) and their replacements did great, especially freshman Roger Davidson, who dropped 21 points, 6 boards, 2 blocks and a steal in his starting debut at SG. Now, we get our third Deac of the tournament in Odessa. Yikes.

Last edited:
Exhibition Opponents
Eugene
Pensacola
Philadelphia

Regular Season Opponents
Nashville
Fargo
Flagstaff

OK, then - you're on. But I am disappointed in your lack of retort. :p

Given the amount of beer I had consumed to that point in the night, I'm amazed I could even read your post, much less find the reply button.

Yeah, we pulled in a nice class in L15. Kline is a +6/-1, Redding is +4 and the big fish was a 5/5 tie in Dwayne Perkins a +5/-1 mismatch...6'11 with E wheels!

I really like L15 and although I just brought in my first 3 max class, I usually don't win ties. Outside of this class I won a 1/1 for O'Reilly and 2/2 for Runner. Playing the net is really tough and getting harder every season. Maxing 4 every season will kill you sooner or later unless you get really lucky.

Sorry about your class

Yea it sucked but honestly I felt it coming. Maxing 4 isn't a strategy I was trying to use but I maxed 4 and with a net of approximately 30 other players everyone of them was either single maxed or pushed up to around 30 RPE and then maxed from then on out but one, which I maxed from there on. Unfortunately that player was maxed by another coach and i ended up with two 1/1 ties, a 2/2, and the 5/5. And a class in the 250's is a result. I enjoy L15 but think it's just to heavily predicated on winning maxes. You have to put yourself in winnable maxes every season and continue to win them. Obviously the odds will catch you on some cycle and your team is going to struggle, at least that's what i've found. Will probably just have to completely revamp my strategy and go from maxing 3, to maxing 1 super stud and recruit meddling role players with flaws and hope when I win a tie for a stud I have a decent enough team around him to do something. Just frustrating when I had it pegged at about a 10% chance I struck out on all 4. Certainly not unlikely but still crappy.

Now with all of those sour grapes out of the way I can say that I'd be shocked if you didn't compete for a title the next few years, getting a bonefied stud like Kline along with those other two is unreal in L15. Are you going to play Kline at PG or SG?

And on to the excitement that is my Flagstaff team in L7!

Flagstaff 77
Denver 75

What a game! It was a close contest throughout and although it was a hard played game, it really wasn't a game that was executed very well and it saw a lot of bricks. Flagstaff was held to our lowest point production of the season and shot an awful 28/76 from the field for a woeful 37% shooting as a team. Our senior stud and runner-up POY in L7 Garrett William was in foul trouble most of the game and ended up with only 10 points before fouling out with only 23 minutes played. Fortunately his backup, freshman Marion Martin played great in his extended action, having 3 assist and 0 TO's as well as the huge winning jumper in the final seconds. He also played his usual great defense, making me feel much better about him as our starting PG next season.

The star for Flagstaff this NTT continues to be Owen Garzon, the underrated freshman who just continues to hit big shots. He scored 21 points (9-24 shooting unfortunately) and more than held his own against Denver's outstanding senior, George Pippin. As there was less and less time in the game, Garzon just played better and better, scoring 13 points in the second half. The kid can fill it up against anyone and even though his +/- isn't the best in the world, he is carrying us through the NTT right now.

We got abused down low by Ross Bojorquez, which was expected but we were able to force 17 TO's which kept us in the game. I've got to get better performances from my senior backcourt of Louis Barbosa and Garrett William next game but we are hoping their experience will lead us next game.

Up next is #1 ranked New Haven, who as awaken discussed, was just able to sneak by Frankfort. They have a ton of offensive weapons from the looks of it and will be a squad that once again really out talents Flagstaff according to the magazines. I'm hoping our senior leadership, along with our firepower will lead us to a hard fought victory, but i'm not even close to confident. We will need a signature performance by Garrett Willam as well as a great game from Garzon to have a chance. Our defense has been pretty solid so far this NTT and we hope it continues, as we will need it. I think its interesting that although Garzon isn't a great defender based on his +/- that his relentlessness on the offensive end may end up wearing out the other teams 3 on the offensive end. At least i sure hope that's the case.

awaken, i'll do what I can with Gnatt and Price, but I just dont' know if I have the horses to contain them at the 2/3 spot. Should be a fun game though, as i'm facing a max miss in Bernard Jones of New Haven. Looks like he's had a great year so I hate we missed on him.

GL to Fargo, hope that we are playing on Friday for the title!

And now to recruiting:

Flagstaff has our selves in pretty solid position in recruiting, and even if we don't bring in any of our maxes (which is unlikely) we will be well positioned.

Recruits

John Sullivan 4/4
Thomas Hall 1/1
Billy Sherman 2/2
Kyle Bowman 0/6
Jeffrey Tolbert 0/0

Not going to lie I really consider Sherman, Bowman, and Tolbert as all CL's as the coaches on Bowman look to be abandoned as they have sat tied on him for 3-4 weeks now. The points I put on him this week should push me clear. I'm still upset that I've had to max Sherman as long as I have. He is a 2/2 with two computer coaches. He is from R32, with EXC local and both computer coaches on him are from region 23 and 27 respectively, and both suck. So I should be good but who knows with the RNG sometimes. Probably about 50/50 for Hall and Sullivan is a toss up with 5 great teams on him with iffy prefs. Worst case I think i'm looking at a +11 or +12 class, with the best case being a +17 or +18 class with two good bigs and a great glue guy at the 2/3. Pretty excited either way. Won't be able to replace a stud like Garrett William but getting some legit help down low sure would be nice.

Flagstaff has put in it's games for the the tourney next season.

Who can correctly guess the WF theme for these named recruits?

Riley Finn, Matthew Donnally, Henry Herrick

Exhibition Opponents
Evansville
Fargo
Frankfort

Regular Season Opponents
Dearborn
Duluth
Pensacola

Back