• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Cinci, lets never do that again please.....

Flagstaff 51
Cincinnati 36

Yuck, just an awful offensive game by both teams. I guess I could say the defense played well but that's really just hard to explain/justify. Our lone offensive bright spot was Owen Garzon, who seems to have played well at SG after playing SF all of last season. He netted 19 points on 8-14 shooting. He also really stifled Derek Medina, holding him to 1-7 shooting. No matter how you look at it 17/57 shooting (Cinci) and 23/56 shooting (Flagstaff) is awful. Add in that the two teams combined to shoot only 8 foul shots and you get a score like he ended up with. No idea if this will be the norm but we will not be close to the offensive team we were last season. Grind it out slow ball it is!

GL the rest of the season Cinci, i'm sure that both of us will have some changes for next game....

Flagstaff 51
Cincinnati 36

Yuck, just an awful offensive game by both teams. I guess I could say the defense played well but that's really just hard to explain/justify. Our lone offensive bright spot was Owen Garzon, who seems to have played well at SG after playing SF all of last season. He netted 19 points on 8-14 shooting. He also really stifled Derek Medina, holding him to 1-7 shooting. No matter how you look at it 17/57 shooting (Cinci) and 23/56 shooting (Flagstaff) is awful. Add in that the two teams combined to shoot only 8 foul shots and you get a score like he ended up with. No idea if this will be the norm but we will not be close to the offensive team we were last season. Grind it out slow ball it is!

GL the rest of the season Cinci, i'm sure that both of us will have some changes for next game....

When will the second half be played?

Flagstaff 51
Cincinnati 36

Whelp, I knew I would have trouble scoring, didn't realize it would be this much. I am just praying your PG, SG, bSF are all stud defenders, otherwise I am toast as I need those three positions to net me points this year, and the 3 of them combining to go 3/22 is not good. The only saving grace is that my 2 best scorers did ok when they were in, my SF just fouled out and only played 18 minutes. Also, Towery looks like a defensive stud with 3 blocks & 2 steals.

I need to tinker. A lot.

Whelp, I knew I would have trouble scoring, didn't realize it would be this much. I am just praying your PG, SG, bSF are all stud defenders, otherwise I am toast as I need those three positions to net me points this year, and the 3 of them combining to go 3/22 is not good. The only saving grace is that my 2 best scorers did ok when they were in, my SF just fouled out and only played 18 minutes. Also, Towery looks like a defensive stud with 3 blocks & 2 steals.

I need to tinker. A lot.

My PG is a stud defender, SG is G defender with G+++ ATH and the SF I started is a E defender as well. So you were going against my best defenders in the 1-4 spots. But my team defense will by my strength this season, with my 10 players this game checking in at +11 Def and +9 ATH

My PG is a stud defender, SG is G defender with G+++ ATH and the SF I started is a E defender as well. So you were going against my best defenders in the 1-4 spots. But my team defense will by my strength this season, with my 10 players this game checking in at +11 Def and +9 ATH

I'm only +8 Def and +5 ATH

Owen Garzon killed me - it shows how weak I am at the SG position. Struggling with who to put there - I have:

Derek Medina - GFEFFF - was a solid scorer in HS (20+ points, 51% from the field, 48% from 3s), but he has nothing at this level. 8.9 PPG, 47% from the field, 33% from 3 as a full time starter last year. Hoping on SOPH bump, not looking like it.
Scott Pippen - EFFGFF - can be a TO machine, but my best scoring option - i like him off the bench, because without him, I have no one that can score. He also stuggled mightily in his only start last year
Jamaal Pier - GFEPFG - Haven't tried him at the 2, as he started 2 games at PG last year and the rest as bPG - where I like him. Another guy that had great HS scoring (19 PPG, 54% shooting) and hasn't translated

Tried an uptempo lineup tonight...first time in real years. Interested to see results!

Pretty solid start to the DeACCon for Fargo, 17 pt win over Duluth and a 16 pt win tonight over Carbondale. Jones led the way tonight w/ 23 on 8/13 shooting, but the standout performer through 2 games has been bSG Doug Caldwell who's 11/13 through 2 games. Only other real thing of note was we had 0 tos against Duluth - not sure the last time I've seen that.

GG ph and div and good luck this season!

Tried an uptempo lineup tonight...first time in real years. Interested to see results!

Dearborn 80
Cincinnati 79

I feel better and worse about my team at the same time. I had this game wrapped up in the second half and bumbled down the stretch in usual Cincy fashion. Up 66-56 with 10 minutes to go, I get outscored 24-13 in the last 10 minutes. The last 2 minutes was like a follies video - 3 total shots, all misses and 4 TOs. He played up tempo, and my defense limited him to only 55 shots, but somehow he hit 56% of his shots. Meanwhile, Cincinnati chucks 67 shots, hitting on only 46%. 21 fouls and 12 TOs against a team that has been top 15 last two years and only lose by 1? I will take it.

Scrimmage:

Evansville 67
Cincinnati 65

Missed two last second shots to tie this game. Used the same lineup as against Dearborn - and with Evansville running a Normal offense, I have to imagine Cincy will be looking at an average PPG of somewhere around 60-65. McCrory ate us alive in this game, the rest of his team only shot 38%. My biggest issue was stopping the 3 - while he didn't shoot a high percentage, he hit 8 of them and most coming in the middle of the 1st half after I had taken the lead and then he went on a tear grabbing a 9 point half time lead.

It looks like my starting C is living up to his billing, stud defender and rebounder with questionable hands. My PG still needs work - solid work on the assists & rebounding side (4/4), but his shot is bad and it looks like getting him to double digits is going to be tough. He only had 1 TO against Evansville and 0 against Dearborn, so as long as he isn't playing and E defender, he should be able to work as a pass first PG pretty well. I moved my 3rd freshman into the starting lineup, even though he went 1/10 in the first game, he responded well, 4/7 against Dearborn with 9 points, 2 boards & 2 steals and no TOs, and 4/11 against Evansville with 10 points, 2 boards, 2 assists and 1 steal (and I am assuming Bowers for Evansville is a good defender/glue guy, cause he can't score).

Hoping to put this all together, but looking like I need to focus on getting some Excellent scorers in here next year.

It's been a curiously good week for Frankfort. Each season, the cpu puts Kurt Parkins at PG, and I move him down to bPG. So I finally agree to experiment with the cpu's recommendations and the results have been good so far. Frankfort destroyed Dearborn by 43 on Monday. Hollis and his defense looked good, but Robin Marshall took player of the game honors. Next was a close 4 pt win over Duluth due to a better bench (25-16 adv). Friday, we had a surprising 22 pt win over defending C18 champ Carbondale. His C's dominated mine 22-9, but Frankfort had the adv everywhere else. What I've learned is that I have a good team, but still not sure whether this is the best lineup. I get Carbondale again soon, so perhaps that game can shed some light there.

things are bad right now in Dearborn. we have nothing in the post and there is no fixing our issues right now...i have nobody on the bench that can help! our lack of landing big men and avalanched and left us in a really bad way. we will try to address these issues in recruiting but i am far behind in my research, hell i just downloaded the spreadsheet! i fully expect to max 3 or 4 guys 6'9+

Stackhouse - this guy has almost the perfect ball-control PG ratings but doesn't have the int, we will see how bad that hurts.

Blanchard - dominate big man in HS but i have yet to be impressed in exhibition games. without his production improving quite a bit, we will only win 15 games.

Culver - still disappointed with his ratings when stepping on campus but i am hopeful that he will prove me wrong.

I hate this recruiting class. No no-brainers for me this year.

I've narrowed it down to 3 sure maxes, 5 guys for the 4th max slot, and then 3 guys for the soft max slot. Yikes.

Fargo Wheatshuckers 79
Evansville Rachelwoods 78

Sigh. I turned down my 3PT settings to counter Fargo's man defense. It didn't do much; we struggled on offense and got outrebounded in the loss. Jerry Kennedy led all Rachelwood scorers with 25, while Jess McCrory added 11 points and 9 rebounds.

Just saw I lost in OT to Philly 71 to 76. Looks like I hit a game tying 3 at the buzzer off a full court heave after a missed FT. First one of those I think i've ever hit. All in vein though.

One huge tie I am on is Joel Jay. He's a 7'1 stud who is probably EGFEFG. Should be a monster. Huge tie i'm sure but worth it. Really need an elite player or two to put us back in the title hunt. probably go after an elite big, a solid wing, and an elite scoring PG along with a solid mix of other recruits. Looks like a pretty good class in general though.

Last edited:
There are 12 big men averaging at least 19 and 9. Twelve. And a good handful that are just below that. Question to those that keep that sort of info - is this the best big man class ever?

Back