• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Does anyone have exhibitions or regular season games scheduled for next season yet? Anyone interested?

Storm, that wasn't a compliment. That was a desperate plea for mercy. I destroyed three teams on Friday and still lost to you. I don't know what the deal is.

Storm, that wasn't a compliment. That was a desperate plea for mercy. I destroyed three teams on Friday and still lost to you. I don't know what the deal is.

It's all the INT. Apparently my team is trying the traditional Duke approach this season. No clear cut guy to shut down and anyone can beat you on a given night. ;)

Boca was 2 pts shy of tying coach Stormfury's biggest win tonight with a 45 point blowout of Asheville 97-52. Freshman Leon Cochran had a career high 20 points. Tony Gonzalez added 20 while Bert Hutchings had 16/7.

Next up is Featured Game D against a strong 9-2 Odessa who got the 11 point upset victory over El Paso.

Game on tyork13. :)

As expected Frankfort (10-1) vs Philadelphia (9-2) is Featured game A. Not expected, Philadelphia lost by 1pt to Bethleham tonight.

Does anyone have exhibitions or regular season games scheduled for next season yet? Anyone interested?

We all usually play a DeACCon Invitational that includes everyone from the boards that would like to. Feel free to join but here is fair warning that it will be very difficult with all the great teams we have.

Well Flagstaff got a nice (and rather surprising) 81-43 win over Phoenix. The defense and the bigs of Flagstaff were more like the Flagstaff of old. Held Phoenix to 20/63 shooting and our bigs combined for 16/25 shooting for 41 points to go along with 22 boards and 7 blocks. Hope my guys are peeking at the right time!

Also, congrats to my bro in Odessa, he picked up a big 92-81 win over El Paso to move his PR to 45 and set up his big match with Boca on Friday. Good luck to both of you, should be one of the better late season battles this cycle (except for some game going on in Frankfort I head about).

We do a yearly tournament as part of the exhibition and regular season games. After week 19 (or so) Awaken usually asks for participants and setups up the scheduling. I suggest you jump in on that. It might be tough the first few seasons but it's a great way to gauge how good your team is at the League level.

Picked up a great 65-53 win over 8-2 Chicago. One of my best defensive efforts of the season. Chicago came into the game shooting around 50% from the field. Held them to 17-50. Their backcourt each averaged 16 ppg. Held them to 4 and 2 on combined 2-11 shooting. They both typically get 12 shots a game.

Morin and Cox got 21 and 26.

Deacon update:

Duluth Bullish Deacs 65 (#36) vs Chicago Golden Deacons 53 (#59)

Duluth picked up a huge 65-53 win over Chicago to keep pace with Little Rock and Kalamazoo. Cox and Morin dominated with 47 points, almost outscoring Chicago themselves.

Minneapolis Clippers 93 (#66) vs Akron Rowdies 82 (#68)

Tough 11 point loss for our friends in Akron as they fell 93-82. Reece and Johns tried to keep the Rowdies in it combining for 47 points, but they just need some scoring help from the other starters.While McArthur didn't help out with the scoring he nabbed 15 rebounds. Branson lost to Owensboro giving the Rowdies a chance to still win their division and a high seed in the conference tourney.

Dearborn Warak's Deacs 95 (#27) vs Jefferson City Huskies 51 (#113)

Dearborn destroyed Jefferson with a 96-51 romp. Warak's Deacs are back in the hunt for the Conference 15 title as Green Bay shocked previously undefeated Nashville 84-75!

Jimenez scored 24 to lead Dearborn while Travers added 15 boards.

El Paso Templars 81 (#53) vs Odessa Spooks 92 (#45)

As mentioned, Odessa held their own and have taken the first 2 of their 5 game test setting up the Boca #4 vs Odessa #45 matchup for Friday night. The 92-81 win was lead by Sanders 28. In a ploy to confuse coach Stormfury, Coach tyork13 downshifted from his usual fast paced offense to a normal style. Will he rev it back up for Friday or downshift again?

haha, storm i love the notes on top games. its an easy way to keep up with how other teams are doing, and to read about big games. Much appreciated! I decided to keep it normal, because Ruis wasn't getting shots or good stats from doing the run and gun. I hope it doesn't bite me for you (unless i decide to change it last second:p) but I need to beat one of the next 3 to feel better about making the tourney. Best of luck, and I hope it ends up being a great game. Sanders has surprised me, I thought he would be my third best player coming into the year, but has really been my best and most consistent option. Ruis needs to find his flow, as his stats don't match being elite like his ratings would assume he would be(though he's young) But best of luck, and I hope I can find a way to make the tournament!

And DeACCon tourney is awesome, I will definitely remember to sign up for it, since I didn't get to last year.

Some more fruit for thought:

Click last year at PF had 11.7 pts, 6.8 rb, 0.8 a, 0.8 blk, 0.5 stl
Dye last year at SF had 12.1 pts, 5.5 rb, 0.9 a, 0.9 blk, 1.2 stl
Pearson last year at C had 8.6 ppg, 7.8 rb, 1.2 a, 1.7 blk

Kumar 2 years ago at C had 1.0 pts (yuk) but 8.1 rb, 2.7 a, 1.3 blk, 0.9 stl
Kumar 3 years ago at C had 1.6 pts, 7.8 rb, 3 a, 1 blk, 0.8 stl

Looks like you have some options down low, but Kumar is an obvious scoring weakness.

Storm, you=the man.

After reading this, I completely flipped my team, moved Click to SF, Thomas to PF and Dye to C. Thomas had a pretty good game 11/7, Dye went for 8/9, Click only had 4/4, but he only played 10 minutes because of fouls. Either way, I pulled out an OT victory 87-85. My PG hit a 3 at the end of regulation, 6 seconds left - I took a decent sized lead in OT and it was a FT shooting the contest the rest of the way.

Thanks for the help - would have been toast without it.

Storm, you=the man.

After reading this, I completely flipped my team, moved Click to SF, Thomas to PF and Dye to C. Thomas had a pretty good game 11/7, Dye went for 8/9, Click only had 4/4, but he only played 10 minutes because of fouls. Either way, I pulled out an OT victory 87-85. My PG hit a 3 at the end of regulation, 6 seconds left - I took a decent sized lead in OT and it was a FT shooting the contest the rest of the way.

Thanks for the help - would have been toast without it.

Sweet! Congrats on the win!

And DeACCon tourney is awesome, I will definitely remember to sign up for it, since I didn't get to last year.

While this season's still going, I am actually looking forward to next seasons DeACCon tourney. We've got some new blood and a lot of Good teams.

Not sure what I've done that warrants a Mercy request. I'll just point out that in meetings that count Duluth is 5-1 against Boca during my tenure with an average scoring margin of +13.2. Maybe I should be the one pleading. I'm 13-27 in the DeACCon challenge, so 1 successful year should be allowed once and a while. :)

With 3 seniors in my starting lineup, I'm poised to take a fall next season unless we can land a solid class so I've got to make this season count as best I can.

i love the write-ups storm...keep them coming!

i have some really tough decisions in recruiting. i did not get a lead on any player, so i am having to take a chance on players that i am behind or try to follow another player. this just sucks...3 bad seasons in a row.

team is playing OK right now and as storm said, we have a new shot at the conference championship! Nashville is #23 and Dearborn is #27...we have a little bit of a harder schedule the rest of the way. it will be close!

i also sent out a few scrimmages to coaches and 3 more open for anyone that wants them.

I grabbed one as well. Think my bro grabbed one too.

Last edited:
Thanks, warak.

I definitely think the level of competition here has gone up a few notches with the new blood coming aboard. More midseason scrimmages than I remember in past seasons.

Thanks, warak.

I definitely think the level of competition here has gone up a few notches with the new blood coming aboard. More midseason scrimmages than I remember in past seasons.

Not to mention success on the field:

Frankfort #3
Boca Raton #4
Flagstaff #10
Nashville #23
Dearborn #27
Cincinnati #33
Duluth #36
Odessa #45
Chicago #59
Akron #68

With a little luck we could actually field 15% of the NTT teams! I stopped at 68. Apologies to anyone I may have missed in the top 68.

Back