• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

2014-06-01 10:00am -
On Monday I'm going to start sending out PMs and emails to everyone who according to my calculations is due a refund. I'm going to do this in batches. If you have not received a PM or email by Saturday June 7th, and believe you are due a refund, please PM or email me at contact@drivethelane.com. If you do receive a PM or email and have any concerns, feel free to reply. I will attempt to issue the refund 7 days after you are contacted, so if I get to you on Tuesday June 3rd, I'll try to get out the refund on Tuesday June 10th.

Paypal note: it appears refunds of purchases within the last 60 days should be straightforward (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/bizui/SendRefund-outside). If the credit purchase I am refunding is older than 60 days, I'll have to make a payment to you, in which case you will need a paypal account.

Yesterday's update

Anyone find a replacement for DTL or playing other sim type games?

hey storm!

no, taking a break from it all...feels good. i will be refreshed and ready when it comes back.

Anyone find a replacement for DTL or playing other sim type games?

Nope. I thought about hopping into the soccer one that has a thread on this board but it looks like a lot more work than I would want to put in and I don't want to play a game that I have no chance at ever being relevant in. So I've decided to just recharge as well.

I told myself I'd do something productive with this time - pick up the guitar again (third times a charm?), or play a stock market sim. So far, nothing.

I told myself I'd do something productive with this time - pick up the guitar again (third times a charm?), or play a stock market sim. So far, nothing.

lol...i still have a guitar i have been dragging around for 15 years. it lives in the corner of my office, like a plant.

Nope. I thought about hopping into the soccer one that has a thread on this board but it looks like a lot more work than I would want to put in and I don't want to play a game that I have no chance at ever being relevant in. So I've decided to just recharge as well.

I tried that one and I just couldn't get into it. Glad to see everyone is enjoying the break.

Life is not the same without this game. Still having withdrawls from checking games every MWF

I haven't really missed it. I think I was playing just on inertia for a while, so this break is welcome. I expect to return with the game when kmoney finishes. It looks like he is actively working on the game, too. In one simboards thread, he mentions being "in a groove" regarding working on the new game. And this from the Dev Log thread

Re: Dev Log
Postby kmoney » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:26 am

Got back to basketball. Started with post season tournament scheduling. Conference opponents will now be spaced out as you might expect.

I don't like folks complaining about stupid SimStats. Its a distraction from the game for kmoney.

He should give SimStats to somebody else to develop or leave it as is. If somebody wants to turn it into Kenpom or integrate SuperViewer into the program, they can do it.

I haven't missed it either. I was coasting, too. I hope the changes are enough to get me back as interested as I used to be.

Been that long? All summer. Almost 1.5 seasons.

I hope kmoney is making sign up and game coaching real time instead of files/batch processed on MWF. DTL needs to be a database app instead of a file app. I also hope he's automating the running of the game. He's probably not going to touch the game engine - first, it is pretty good as is, and second, it may be a logical black box to him. I don't want to start a Game Enhancements thread on the simboards bc it will get polluted with stupid stuff and I am sure kmoney already has his short list of things he wants and can do. But for here, I'm looking for a more real time game and automated game running.

Back