• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

If you can start alone, I would. arborwolf didn't have enough time for the game. kmoney came in and promised it would be different, but life got in his way, too. I don't know if you can code around the engine, but the past says kmoney won't get it done. Be sure to give recruiting advantages to coaches with "wake" or "deac" in their names. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

My team name is: warak's deacs! Ummm

Last edited:
How is this for sad - I made a recruit name generator in Open Office Excel that maintains ethnicity in selecting names. From the internet, I got the most popular American, Hispanic, Slavic, Greek, Scandanavian, and German last names and noted their origin. Then I did the same for first names. I duplicated the both names many times in proportion to their popularity. I numbered each list, then had a RNG select the last name, and then a first name that matches the origin of the last name.

I was pretty happy with the results since it eliminated the ethnically mixed names you just don't really run into IRL that often. Now it appears that there are a smattering of international players mixed with mostly Americans.

Then I continued to use a RNG to "randomly" assign attributes. Still working on that though. So far, the attributes are not distributed in a bell curve. I think using several, cumulative RNG's will produce this, but I have not tested it yet. Then I assigned alpha to the numeric attributes. I now understand the problem with quantifying the Shot attribute's three components into a single string.

:nerd:

Warak and I decided to jump into the CSFBL league mentioned on DTL Forums. Unfortunately it's not Basketball, but similar. We're in the Sandlot league should anyone want to join us down the road, once a team opens up of course. Might even eventually create a DeACCon League. :)

http://www.csfbl.com/league.asp?leagueid=2272

Have you approached kmoney about buying him out recently?

If he has not made significant progress here in April, he's not going to make May, or even the summer. He needs to be honest with himself ("he doesn't have the time to rewrite it"), and sell the game.

Have you approached kmoney about buying him out recently?

If he has not made significant progress here in April, he's not going to make May, or even the summer. He needs to be honest with himself ("he doesn't have the time to rewrite it"), and sell the game.

Not recently. I have approached twice, with no dice.

BTW, there is an open team in the baseball league game.

it's also FREE, if anyone is interested.

Nahhhh. If I was gonna do a baseball sim league I'd just start another OOTP online league.

I didnt realize this could support a full time job, but hey, 1 month!

Re: Dev Schedule
Postby kmoney » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:01 am

Hi all,

Some news: I've decided to quit my job to focus on DTL. I put in my two weeks last Monday, one more full time week to go. I'll have a bit of ongoing work at the old place, and I've got a family, etc etc, so it won't be 24/7 basketball game development, *but* it will be as close as I can get to it . Exciting (terrifying?) times. I'm going to shoot for having a testable game up by the end of June.

Huge thank you to everyone still visiting the message boards. I'll pop in every now and again with updates.

It's about $30 a year to play so with enough subscribers, it could be a full time gig.

More than likely he wasn't happy at his job and missed the extra revenue so it was worth it to take a month or so to get it back up and running before finding a new job.

It's about $30 a year to play so with enough subscribers, it could be a full time gig.

More than likely he wasn't happy at his job and missed the extra revenue so it was worth it to take a month or so to get it back up and running before finding a new job.

+1. I think it was more an excuse to get out of his existing job. Hard to believe it was bringing in enough money to pay for servers and his salary. Maybe I'm wrong but if it is that active, I would have expected more leagues with less CPU coaches. Not everyone is going to toss $30 a year. Just how the 'F2P Model is' About 10% of your playerbase per month drops cash.

The game is under-priced, imho. It was created during the dot com boom of optimistic and unsustainable business models, and the pricing plan never moved on from that. I would expect a more modern business model after the rebuild: some combination of a "freemium" phone app model, pay to play, and/or ads.

This latest development surprises me. Glad to see his dedication to the game. I am/was one of his doubters - just thought life would get in the way as it had done with his predecessors.

Back