• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Ticked that I've lost two games to top teams by the slimmest of margins. Guess I'll do conference tourney, and hope for best. Hopefully a less brutal stretch of games next year. I'll just have to hope to land some good players and let next year be the year I make it.

Frankfort rolled by Carbondale 106-74. Brett Sagers was in attendance, and was looking kind of pale.

Brett wants to make an impact. Considering I'll need about 36 minutes per game out of him as a freshman, he'll get the opportunity. The box score looked much closer than a 32 point loss.:tard:

So I lose by two to a really bad team - does that just happen occasionally? I don't see how I could have lost...

Last edited:
Brett wants to make an impact. Considering I'll need about 36 minutes per game out of him as a freshman, he'll get the opportunity. The box score looked much closer than a 32 point loss.:tard:

When Frankfort comes to town, he'll leave an imprint.
<Rick> Woooo!</Flair>

Fixed Superviewer and analyzed my roster. I tinkered with my settings to try to improve the team but I can't tell if it took. The biggest change was to set my PGs on More/Norm to try to get more minutes out of bPG Joseph Phifer, but he only played 9 minutes.

He's outplaying my starter Eric Wright. Dramatically. But I don't want to mess with the lineup too much.

Per 30 against Top 100 teams:
Wright - 1.7 pts, 3.5 ast, 2.2 to, 7.6 pts allowed
Phifer - 11.1 pts, 4.4 ast, 2.0 to, 7.1 pts allowed

So I lose by two to a really bad team - does that just happen occasionally? I don't see how I could have lost...

Strange losses happen occasionally, thats one of the things that I'm so impressed about with this game, it actually allows the underdogs to have a chance if they bring their "A" game.

This game also really relies on matchups a ton and it looks like your freshman SG needed to win his position battle and got outplayed a tad. Sucks this happened to you now, especially for you fighting for a NTT spot but it isn't something that never happens. Sometimes teams in the game play well, other times you don't. Looks like you got caught on a bad night by a motivated team. Hate it for you, but keep your head up, you still have a chance to make the NTT.

That happened to me a few games ago. Sometimes if you don't have an elite team, the matchups just don't work out or you have an off night.

Flagstaff picked up a much closer than wanted 80-74 win over Tacoma. My big scorers played well, Stone had 25, Pedigo with 20, Gantt and Sullivan combined for 24. We got a lousy 11 points total from my other 6 players :rulz:
Won the game on a cold shooting night (28-70) so I guess it was nice to just get the W. Have a decent 7-7 Yuma team up next, then a chance to rest my guys in the first round of the conference tourney before the crunch time games get here.

Pilot, bro sucks you have lost the last two by a combined 8 points, a win in either and you are def in the NTT. Just gotta pick it up and pull out some wins in the conference tourney. You have the talent, just need to go earn your paycheck as a coach :cool:

NTT VS PTT

While I know we have a lot of newer players who might get a tad discouraged at not making the NTT, I just wanted to say DON'T.

Sure the yearly goal for coaches is to get into the NTT and ultimately one day play Awaken in the finals, but it takes time.

There is nothing wrong with Going 15-3 or 12-6 and playing in the PTT. If you're sitting at 15-3 in the PR range for 60+, odds are you're on the verge of being an NTT caliber team but not quite there yet. It might simply be that your PR isn't good enough due to your conference rankings or it might be that your team's just not quite there. Either way, don't get discouraged.

Take the following example into consideration:

Team A - 15-3 (Wins conference and goes to NTT) goes 1-5 in the NTT.
Team B - 14-4 (Losses conference to Team A, goes to PTT) Goes 3-3 in PTT.

Team A's final record for the season 16-8
Team B's final record for the season 17-7

While it might seem minor, this has recruiting effects on your team especially if the two of you are competing for a Local Exc recruit who has any level of desire to go to a winning program.

This is of course compounded by the fact that your PR for 3 years is taken into consideration and teams with a 3 year improvement drop the 3rd year in favor of the last 2 which is a small bonus but helpful.

I know there are a lot of numbers in this post, but the bottom line is don't get discouraged if your just starting out and just missing the NTT. I did the exact same thing my first 4-5 seasons with Gulf Shores dominating conference 13, but I faired better in post season play due to playing in the PTT. Eventually, I became the Conference 13 nemesis. :)

To discourage tanking for reasons stormy lists above, the game does not consider any lower PR's after game 19 (first round of the tournament). So if you make the NTT and go 0-6, your season-ending PR will be what you had after losing the opener.

Now if you go on a PTT win streak, you could earn and keep a better PR after game 19; so stormy's point does have merit. But there is little penalty for stretching for the NTT.

fwiw, I once won the NTT but not a #1 PR.

Dearborn got a nice 105-81 win over Green Bay to move to 12-2 (21). i moved Dixon back to PF and he responded with 29pts on 10-14 shooting and Jimenez got 19 on 7-10 shooting. good game all around and Teague got his first career start at SF, which was my big move in my scrimmages. the scrimmages proved that he could start but it is always a little tough to change your lineup before a big game.

recruiting is a heaping load right now:

Barclay 1/1
Bergeron 2/2
Coyne 3/3
Ralph Waters 1/1
Keith Richards 1/1 (but they have already moved on him)
Jonathan Harding 2/2 (but they have already moved on him)

the only player 0/0 will be left unnamed because nobody else recruited him and i am just sitting on him as i try to get another player or two 0/0...which is not going well. i will most likely have to drop one of these guys this week because of the lack of rpe.

still wanting any scraps if there are any around!

Agree with storm in that it might be better for Cincy to miss the NTT this season, just not sure your squadis ready to compete in the NTT yet and its not much fun to lose 4 or so games to end the season by 20+ and have nothing you can do to stop it. Ive been there and it sucks.

On a side note, Ph/Storm do you guys mind seeing what Albert Stone was rated in your systems? Im usually pretty good at evaluating how well guys will turn out but was way odf on stone. Thought he would b a decent backup but thats it

On a side note, Ph/Storm do you guys mind seeing what Albert Stone was rated in your systems? Im usually pretty good at evaluating how well guys will turn out but was way odf on stone. Thought he would b a decent backup but thats it

My rating for him is 7.70.

My system is changed slightly over the past couple of weeks, so let me give you the historical breakdown for comparison:

Total Players 6126.
>=18......11 0%
15-17.99..66 1%
12-14.99..279 5%
10-11.99..467 8%
7-9.99.....1303 21%
5 to 6.99.1200 20%
<5 2800..46%

*** Please note my system ignores INT entirely ***

Ironically the only 2 players I've signed below 5 are Gilbert Holden 3.81 and Marcus Metcalf 4.38 both of which were rated high in Ph's PG system and above 5 in my old system, but the changes I've made pushed them lower. These changes also more accurately ranked Bert Hutchings (+9) at 18.16. While his individual numbers might not be all league, it's hard to argue the difference the kid has made to my team over the past 2 seasons.

Agree with storm in that it might be better for Cincy to miss the NTT this season, just not sure your squadis ready to compete in the NTT yet and its not much fun to lose 4 or so games to end the season by 20+ and have nothing you can do to stop it. Ive been there and it sucks.

Figured as much - as Virginia Tech reincarnate, I expected to get shafted out of the tournament anyway, get a high seed in a lesser tournament and then bow out early cause I'm pissed.

From S46 to now, I've got Stone in the 97th percentile at PF and 93rd at C. That translates to about the #8 PF and #14 C in his class.

For comparison, here are the Top 3 PFs "all-time" in this system.
S66 7-1 Craig Raymond R21 - #23 in the Top 75. He was one region over and fit my prefs. This would have been a perfect year to go after elite bigs except I already have several decent ones.

S61 6-11 Vincent Hilbert - Rochester - Grew to 7-0 and averaged 7.0 pts, 6.7 reb, 2.9 ast as a senior. #67 pick in the SimBA draft. Also rated as the top center. rASTB, meaning elite assists, steals, turnovers, and blocks, with above average rebounds. Stats seem to bear that out and it's evidence that I should do a barebones rating that just includes points, rebounds, and blocks at 50/30/20.

S56 6-11 David VanWagener - one of awaken's early stud recruits that he identified and named. He played for a Deacon team but I forget who.

Figured as much - as Virginia Tech reincarnate, I expected to get shafted out of the tournament anyway, get a high seed in a lesser tournament and then bow out early cause I'm pissed.

ROFL!!!

I disagree with other coaches here. I think it's best to get into the NTT to get 6 guaranteed games against good teams in order to assess your roster. The biggest problem for me in my bubble seasons were a lack of schedule strength after the DeACCon invitation, a period during which I'm usually still tinkering with the roster. I'd be 1-2 or 0-3 to start the season with only 3 or 4 more games against Top 100 teams until the conference final.

I disagree with other coaches here. I think it's best to get into the NTT to get 6 guaranteed games against good teams in order to assess your roster. The biggest problem for me in my bubble seasons were a lack of schedule strength after the DeACCon invitation, a period during which I'm usually still tinkering with the roster. I'd be 1-2 or 0-3 to start the season with only 3 or 4 more games against Top 100 teams until the conference final.

I really think it depends on where you are as a program and a coach. You're an established program with a wealth of coaching experience.

My point was solely aimed at the guys that have just started. While I'm certainly not on par with other coaches on the boards, I wouldn't be happy with my program at this stage not making the NTT. I simply didn't want the 1st year guys feeling like their team was a failure if they didn't make the NTT.

Oh definitely. I agree with that. I just think if I'm a bubble team in a consolation conference tournament game, it's worth it to try to win to get a #16 seed rather than make a run in the PTT.

Heck yeah! Play spoiler in the Conference Tournaments! If nothing else it's an accomplishment along your path to fame, success and NTT glory.

I know I was super excited the first year I won my conference tournament over the rival Gulf Shores. Proceeded to lose 5 of 6 in the NTT but I felt good about the season's progress. :)

Back