• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

My annual tax season collapse is on schedule. 3-10 and recruiting is a mess because I have no time for anything. Ugh.

Maxed and unranked:

3 Deangelo Sneed 6-6 17 72 72 Yes 0 66 66 0 0 t124
5 Aaron Caselli 6-9 25 32 66 Yes 0 32 66 1 2 t125
6 Adrian McArthur 6-2 25 32 83 Yes 0 32 66 2 4 t137, t195
13 Jose Bonk 6-6 23 15 83 Yes 0 15 66 10 10 t180
14 Juan Smith 6-8 23 15 83 Yes 0 15 66 11 11 t21, t57
16 Nicholas Garcia 6-4 29 11 83 No 2 0 66 t119
18 William Hart 6-6 15 10 83 No 1 0 0 66 t117, t151

I have 1 CL (Sneed) and 2 I'm chasing that could be CLs next week. I am running with 2 max ties and then spreading out the remaining points in the net - assuming I will lose both max ties as they are both 1 conference away and one is EXC local and the other is G+ - the local team is not on them, but all the other people in the tie are from the same conference, so both long shots.

I forgot to create a net of more than 4 people the first couple of weeks, so I am in catchup mode now.

My team blows, but that was expected.

Of course, my only CL has someone chasing at 77 rpes - something needs to change, for my 3 classes, I have 5 recruits from my net and 4 walk on's. It's getting impossible to recruit anyone decent if your record sucks.

Of course, my only CL has someone chasing at 77 rpes - something needs to change, for my 3 classes, I have 5 recruits from my net and 4 walk on's. It's getting impossible to recruit anyone decent if your record sucks.

agreed...Ph stand down for eklund, you snake in the grass!

If your recruiting has been that poor why are you not putting 17 on a CL and putting zero chance on being caught? Anytime I even get a 0/1 in this league the dude is getting 17 the rest of the way. You can’t let a solid player that you have wrapped up get away in this league, even if that means backing off a max that’s a tie. At least that’s how I’ve recruited.

If your recruiting has been that poor why are you not putting 17 on a CL and putting zero chance on being caught? Anytime I even get a 0/1 in this league the dude is getting 17 the rest of the way. You can’t let a solid player that you have wrapped up get away in this league, even if that means backing off a max that’s a tie. At least that’s how I’ve recruited.

I'm the same. A CL even if below average is gold in this league. :( Not as much fun as L7 IMO.

I had no other clear leads, and two max ties - I was putting 6 rpe per week on him, while spreading the other 28 points to try to draw clear on some others to not have another 1-2 walk-on class. I also think he comes in at something like GGFPEF - so, not like a superstar or anything, he was my safety max.

I'm up on a likely +3 guy and trailing a +5 big by 4. I guess my only option is to give up my mac ties.

I had no other clear leads, and two max ties - I was putting 6 rpe per week on him, while spreading the other 28 points to try to draw clear on some others to not have another 1-2 walk-on class. I also think he comes in at something like GGFPEF - so, not like a superstar or anything, he was my safety max.

I'm up on a likely +3 guy and trailing a +5 big by 4. I guess my only option is to give up my mac ties.

In your situation that's what I normally do if I think I can actually catch/take the lead on the guys you are chasing.

Also, i'm sure you are aware but not being at 83 RPE in this league seems like a death sentence. Good luck with the chase.

Still in three big ties: 4/4, 4/4, and 9/9. Trailing by 2 for a PG, but the prefs aren't good. Got a lead on a mediocre SF. Going to take a lead for another PG. Worst case scenario I get three players as bad as my three senior forwards who aren't that good.

Got destroyed 68-44 by the #115 team. Gut punch of a loss although I did lose to them by 5 earlier in the season.

Durham won its second game of the season, cruising by an abandoned Ocala team (judging from 3 200+ ranked classes), 87-52. We get a wounded Myrtle Beach team next. They're ranked #22; we are #123. It's gonna be like....

giphy.gif

If there are any redeeming qualities to a loss, Durham only lost by 2 in OT to Myrtle Beach on Friday.

I’m not good enough to be the source of your moral victories.

I made a substitution at PG - a defensive ace - and I am attributing the difference to that; but it may just be game engine randomness.

My starting PG had his highest scoring game of the season (14) against you, his fourth straight double-digit game. Those were his first four double-digit games.

Then he had 0 yesterday. :noidea

San Antonio is hovering at the 8-8 record with a big game against #15 Norman (15-1), so yeah we still suck. I will say that finally getting a class this time (FR) was great for my morale of the game, but we are still void of talent to compete. we will do what we can. FR SG 6'7" Peter Wilson is having himself a great year while the other two are meh. i really need to get him some help!

recruiting is ok.

Angel White (25) 3/3
Dawson Morales (28) 3/3
Brian Thomas 1/1
Jonathan Eklund 0/1 (some dirtbag is trying to sneak up on him...i see you PH! now i have to max the rest of the way)
Ethan Mangione CL (i hope i don't need him)

well, i don't have any RPE to get anyone else. nobody available anyway in my list.

we will lose a valuable group of under achievers this season:
Mason Busse - quite possibly the worst +6 (5'10") i have ever seen, worthless...bPG
Bryson Reid - three year starter (+4 PF 6'7") that barely puts up numbers to keep in starting lineup.
Teddy Black - backup PF +4 (6'7")that doesn't do anything great.

need some luck...

My starting PG had his highest scoring game of the season (14) against you, his fourth straight double-digit game. Those were his first four double-digit games.

Then he had 0 yesterday. :noidea

That's great bc he did it against an Exc defender with Exc athleticism. My guy did have 8 steals, though. I was 3-6 before the switch; 7-2 after the switch, and the two losses were by a combined 3 pts.

Apparently I am the tallest midget in C10. Won the conference tourney. On to getting my head kicked in at the NTT as a 14 seed.

The team I played today shot 73% from the field as a team on 55 shots. That's just stupid.

Post up if you want in the DeACCon next season. I'll put the schedule together on Monday.

I'm in for the DeACCon.

Back