• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Hope everyone is taking advantage of the online spreadsheet of maxes on the recruiting thread on simboards.

Nicholas Echols
Marco Ratliff
Melvin Shook
Christian Wiggins
Javon Ray
Darion Groves
David Baker
Andy Lee
Isaiah Fulk
Jered Aguirre
John Davis
Landon Marks
Michael Brothers
Jordan Labar
Raul Cribbs
Joshua Thurman
Matthew Gutierrez
Matthew Gipson
Aaron Cantor
Jordan Sonner
Kurt Hall
William Avila
Kyle Kovalt
Ty Emery
Jonathan Miller
Charles Kearney
Antonio Clark
Amari Knotts
Joshua Strozier
Dakota Kerley
Nathan King
Walter Walker
Evan Moore
Christopher Holston
Irving Jones
Kyle Thomsen
Robert Rauscher
Samuel Robertson
Taylor Patterson
Timothy Crafton
Aiden Muse
Devin White
Travion Sykes
Nichilas Martinez
Noah Sanford
Sean Williams
Caleb Garcia
Devon Rivard
Jakob Ferguson
Malik Zajac
Matthew Henderson
Zachery Alfieri
Manuel Ridgeway
Parker Burton
Zacharia Willingham
Chase Welch
Julian Parker
Vaughn Gero
Riley Joyce
Adrian McArthur
carson Roberson
Adam Donaldson
Bradley Paquin
Jared Clonts
Adam Carney
Jonathan Robinson
Amir Lane
Donald Jackson
Nicholas Houston
Raymond Richardson
Danny Garland
Matthew Johnson
Roberto Hough
Kamron Castillo

Durham lost to Stillwater Deep Runs (good name), 72-79, to finish 2-4 in the Deacon Invitational. Thanks for the game adout, and good luck this year. Not sure who the tallest midget is among us, but "congratulations!"

kmoney added a Watch link to Box Score and Play by Play where the pbp scrolls at your configured pace while the box score builds - pretty sweet..

Recruiting went pretty good, with 2 of 3 maxes NR. Ty Emery was a known big tie per the simboards spreadsheet. Joshua Strozier and Kyle Covalt are both NR. Maxing them now to see if they pop up in the ranks tomorrow or next week. Four ranked recruits in my net who are now dead to me. We'll see how strong Local Pref is for hometown recruits this season.

Had no idea about the online spreadsheet. Did mine at the last minute anyway.

Shocked at recruiting results. Thought I went conservative and every single person I put points on is ranked, 3 maxes in top 25. Insane. Hoping they are all net guys but wow

So this year has started MUCH differently than it has been. We are now 3-0 as we enter conference play. Hopefully, we will continuing our run there.

In terms of recruiting, only one of my maxes was in the top 75.
I'm maxing the following folks:
Alexzander Aldridge 6-9 C14
This center has been grabbing the boards pretty well so far. He seems to be more about defense. 10 rpg, 2.8 bpg. He would immediately become the tallest guy on the team.

Johnny Duquette 6-6 C15
He's listed as a pf. And he gets his share of rebounds. 8.8 rpg

Jon Jones 6-2 C20
I'm losing my back up pg this year. And Jones would do well as a PG. He also isn't afraid of scoring either, which is something we could do with a little more.

Jonathan Johnson 6-11 C16. (53)
The local boy is the one who everyone wants. He's another defensive stud! 11.5 rpg and over 4 blocks per game.

Shocked at recruiting results. Thought I went conservative and every single person I put points on is ranked, 3 maxes in top 25. Insane. Hoping they are all net guys but wow

Being tired of constantly fighting folks, I didn't bother to upgrade my program this cycle and just maxed 4 local kids. Worst case, 4 walk ons which is similar to the talent i've brought in the past 2 seasons anyways and free.

Wow! What a difference a season makes. Last season we were off to a very slow start. Now, the Iron Deacs are 4-0 after the first conference game. We beat Pontiac 66-55. We were led by SF Ellis who scored 20. Wednesday will be a tough game vs. Youngstown who is 3-1

4-0 start including two wins over teams that finished in the Top 25 last season. The big difference is having PGs instead of wings playing PG. Frosh PG Nicholson had 8 pts, 8 ast, 7 stl today. The stats are modest, but every other starter is in double figures and shooting at least 49% from the field. In fact, every player except the PGs are shooting 49% or better. Last year, only 2 starters were in double figures and all the starters were around 49%.

Nice to have a team I can set the PGs to 1/1 and let everybody else shoot.

After four double digit wins to start the season, I lost 85-51. Got down 10 around the 11 min mark and never recovered.

Durham won its second game of the season, cruising by an abandoned Ocala team (judging from 3 200+ ranked classes), 87-52. We get a wounded Myrtle Beach team next. They're ranked #22; we are #123. It's gonna be like....

giphy.gif

LOL. Not even. I’m not going to panic after getting curb stomped.

Need you guys opinion...

7’ 271

Scout | Shooting Defense Hands Rebounding Athleticism | GPA Exam
Fair | Fair Poor - Exc + Good Fair | 3.32 68
5.8 12.1 5.6 1.3 3.4 1.0

What will he be?

Need you guys opinion...

7’ 271

Scout | Shooting Defense Hands Rebounding Athleticism | GPA Exam
Fair | Fair Poor - Exc + Good Fair | 3.32 68
5.8 12.1 5.6 1.3 3.4 1.0

What will he be?

Historically, that Scout/Attribute combo should go FfEGgF, where lower case are weak and could easily go down. Fair/Fair rarely goes to Poor, but that ppg makes you wonder. The defense of 4.7 should be G/E, and one time in nine Fair/Poor- did go to Good. The hands are probably Exc. The rebounding is probably legit Good since the athleticism, like the shooting, isn't there. Int is likely Good, but bumps to Exc in about 1/3 of the time.

One of the things I don't like about nDTL is the disconnect between attributes and stats. You really don't know what you are getting until signing day, then it is too late. Follow up on the guy I asked about where Ph only got 1 of 5 attributes correct: I played him in a couple of exhibition games and he had only 1 FGA. Not FGM, FGA. Great stats in HS, terrible attributes, terrible game play for me. Then there is the opposite guy for Ph: terrible attributes, but somehow lighting it up when playing. WTF?

It also appears to me that putting players in the right position matters more now. In oDTL, I used to just recruit PG's and C's and let the overflow play the other positions. Not working for me so far in nDTL. I have three guys who excel at PG, but are crap at SG. And they are not too happy at bPG, either. So, I have a huge hole in my lineup bc I didn't recruit a pure SG. Of course, we don't have HS scrimmages to test preferred position. All we have is their HS position which is not necessarily the preferred position. This is not complaining really, just realizing that nDTL requires new strategies. What have you guys noticed? Any confirmation on my experience about preferred position?

I definitely agree that players are locked into a position. I had a 6-6 guy with great PG ratings who was a mediocre PG but I didn’t have anybody else who could play the position so I couldn’t play him at SG or SF.

It’s not only tough to set a roster. It’s tough to identify players playing out of position in HS.

Thanks awaken! I am so confused with that guy. By his stats alone I would think p,g,e,g,g,g but from my experience so far I think p,f,e,g,g,f. One of the estimate I want, the other not so much.

After four double digit wins to start the season, I lost 85-51. Got down 10 around the 11 min mark and never recovered.

Durham won its second game of the season, cruising by an abandoned Ocala team (judging from 3 200+ ranked classes), 87-52. We get a wounded Myrtle Beach team next. They're ranked #22; we are #123. It's gonna be like....

giphy.gif

Prophetic.

I went from suffering a 85-51 ass beating to beating awaken's ass in public 81-55. The pollsters weren't impressed. I only moved up one spot.

My team percentages are 51/40/79. That's damn nice. Last year? 48/36/68.

I wish we had advanced stats so I could see what my PGs are doing right. They combined for 2 pts, 5 ast, 3 stl on 1-2 fg. But all my scorers got fed. My "third PG" may have something to do with that. My 6-7 frosh SF (GFGFEG) has had 4+ assists in 5 straight games while averaging 11.7 pts on 51/40/67 percentages.

The "upset" rankings in this game are skewed way too high and continue to be. Flagstaff beats #69 on Wednesday and loses to #225 on Friday. Go figure.

Maybe instead it’s that the teams are still fairly even overall. Most teams are human controlled. This is only season 4. There isn’t the gap between a top 50 and top 200 team that we are used to.

But the blowouts are weird. I haven’t had a regular season game within single digits.

Maybe instead it’s that the teams are still fairly even overall. Most teams are human controlled. This is only season 4. There isn’t the gap between a top 50 and top 200 team that we are used to.

But the blowouts are weird. I haven’t had a regular season game within single digits.

Could certainly be that. But the team I just lost to has a class ranking average of 202, good for #238 in the game. I'm at an average of 81 good for #49. Maybe my thinking is flawed but that game should be a blow out 99 times out of 100. Just weird.

My team is the opposite of yours it seems, of the 9 games played so far (including the first 3 scrimmages) i've played one game that's been decided by more than 10. Just seems like the game engine is still off. But i'm sure i'm not the only one complaining haha.

Also, the FT shooting % is still moronic. My EXC rated SG is currently shooting less than 20% from the FT line (2-11), and my team is shooting less than 60% as a team. That's dumb.... Small sample size but the dude is maybe the best 3pt shooter in the league and can't make a FT??? Come on now. EXE ranked shooter shouldn't be less than a 75% FT shooter ever IMO. Otherwise, why do we have the rankings?

Back