• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I PM'ed turf on DS. He's in:

Team 244
Current Power Ranking: 113
Last Yr Power Ranking: 89
2nd Prior Power Rank: 93

First, congrats to warak on his L15 (varsity) NTT title! Way to go, fellow Deac.

Second, Frankfort advanced to the EE against Boca by defeating Honolulu 83-20. The Jimmy's two stars were two recruits I named after Office Space characters: Bob Porter and Bill Lumbergh. Bernard Tuttle was PoG again with 21 on 11 shots, a ridiculous 2 pts per FGA....again. The Boca game will be a tale of Storm's guards vs my forwards, with star overlap at SF: Hutchings vs Tuttle! Storm won the exhibition game between us while we were experimenting with lineups and playing freshmen, so we really don't know who has the edge. It's a shame that we have to play each other (Storm's second Deacon coach in a row).

Third, you can still get in the DeACCon. Hoping to see Flint, Chicago, Youngstown, or Rochester join. Anyone else? Nashville? Here is the field so far:

...Team........Number....PR...LYPR..2YPR....Avg
1..Frankfort .....137.....1.....2.....1......1.3
2..Philadelphia....28.....3.....1.....2......2.0
3..Boca Raton.....104....12.....8.....3......7.7
4..Flagstaff......256.....6.....9.....9......8.0
5..Duluth.........159....65.....4.....4.....24.3
6..Dearborn.......120....61....15.....8.....28.0
7..Odessa.........197....90....59....53.....67.3
8..Carbondale.....139....78....36....89.....67.7
9..Cincinnati.....124....81...104....68.....84.3
10.Eugene.........244...113....89....93.....98.3
11.Pittsburgh......20....88....95...136....106.3

Last edited:
Just pulled in a 247/243 class in L15. I couldn't find a CL in over 50 players. This league is nuts to recruit in.

Congrats to Boyd Cason for being named C18 POY and All-League 7 1st team. Glad I've got him for two more seasons. I've just got to recruit around him to take advantage of his presence.

Of prime importance this cycle is getting size and scoring. There are still two douchepuddles staying 4+ RPE behind me on Raymond Kincaid, which has been enough to push him into the top 75. If I lose him after having him clear at the reveal, I'm going to be pissed. I know, I only have myself to blame for slow-playing him that first week following the reveal, but when you're playing with 68 RPE per week, you have to try to cut points where you can to keep decent net alternatives alive.

Here is the DeACCon Tournament schedule. Please request your games carefully (order requested matters), and post the results for verification.

Seed..Team.......Team#...E1....E2....E3....R1....R2....R3
1.....Frankfort ...137...197...104...159...256...120....28
2.....Philadelphia..28...120...bye...256...104...159...137
3.....Boca Raton...104...159...137...bye....28...256....20
4.....Flagstaff....256...bye....20....28...137...104...244
5.....Duluth.......159...104...244...137....20....28...124
6.....Dearborn.....120....28...124....20...244...137...139
7.....Odessa.......197...137...139...244...124....20...bye
8.....Carbondale...139....20...197...124...bye...244...120
9.....Cincinnati...124...244...120...139...197...bye...159
10....Eugene.......244...124...159...197...120...139...256
11....Pittsburgh....20...139...256...120...159...197...104

If we get a late 12th team, they can play the (favorable) bye schedule.

Not sure what the deal is with the gap in R2. If in doubt, double check on simboards.

Last edited:
In regards to the DeACCon tournament:

Do i request a scrimmage w/ the first team I'm scheduled to play on the list? Sorry, still new here, don't quite know how this tourny is supposed to work yet.

Ruis and Gary 1st team all conference 25. Studs. Ruis really has been such a beast player for me, probably one of the best players in my team's history. Ruis also got 3rd team all league.

I hate that I am not fully utilizing his talent because the lack of talent I have around him, it sucks.

And newsflash, my team is basically .500, thats terrible. For having two good players, it sucks. Shows weaknesses of my other parts on my team

In regards to the DeACCon tournament:

Do i request a scrimmage w/ the first team I'm scheduled to play on the list? Sorry, still new here, don't quite know how this tourny is supposed to work yet.

Glad to have you WakeCard.

To set up the tourney you go to the coach my team page and in the upper right there are links to request exhibition and regular season opponents. In the regular season one you put the first team number you play followed by a 1 in the bottom and so on til you request your three exhibition games. For the regular season you just put the 4th, 5th and 6th team numbers in. These have to be in order though or it will get messed up. Hope that makes a little sense if not let us know and someone will explain it better.

But essentially you play team 20 in the first exhibition game and team 159 in the first regular season game.

Big day tomorrow for Flagstaff, Boca, Nashville and Frankfort as we all play for a bid in the NTT Final Four. Flagstaff has the daunting task of taking on the defending champs, the Philadelphia Insatiables. I'll try and give a semi-unbiased preview below:

PG- This might be the most interesting battle of the whole game. For Flagstaff we have Eric Sullivan, a smooth shooting athletic combo guard that has found a home at PG his senior season after being a super sub his first 3 seasons. Philly trouts out a reported +9 PG in Douglas Neal. Neal is more of your do it all facilitator at PG but can certainly score if needed. If Neal can shut down Sullivan Flagstaff will be in for a long night i'm afraid.

Advantage PHILLY

SG- Here we have two teams who really don't require their SG to score the ball much, but both are cabable of putting the ball in the basket if needed. Flagstaff starts freshman Gene Macklin, a great defender at SG, who also brings size to the position. Philly has Gilberto Gomez, who is similar to Macklin but shoots at a much better %. Hoping Macklin continues his strong play in the NTT.

Advantage PUSH

SF- for this spot we have two bigger guys that handle the ball well and do the dirty things. Flagstaff has the height advantage with 6'10 Dennis Cruickshank but Philly has the scoring and quickness advantage with Will Chandler. Should be another close match here but Cruickshank has struggled with really talented guys defensively this season and I think that may happen again.

Advantage Philly

PF - If the lineups remain the same we will see two of the most talented player in the league face off at the 4 spot. Flagstaff has the big frenchman Rene Naquin anchoring the 4 spot and doing a little bit of everything. A tremendous defender and rebounder who commands double teams on the block, Rene has given teams fits all season and was named first team C32. Philly mans the 4 spot with a more new generation face up 4 in Otto Davidson. Davidson might be the best player in the league and his 20 ppg along with his rebounds/steals/blocks back that up. Both will have the advantage offensively and this should be a great battle if it occurs.

Advantage PUSH

Center - this is one of the more interesting spots as Flagstaff has gone with the revolving door at C in the NTT, playing 7'1 monster Albert Stone and offensively advanced freshman Paul Livingston equal minutes so far, to great effect. Philly has 6'11 big man Joel Hanrahan at the C spot splitting minutes with sophomore Kevin Nicely. Both duo's are really talented and will compete with each other well. Could be a turning point for either team if they can gain an advantage here.

Advantage Flagstaff.

Bench: Both teams are stacked in their reserves as well, housing several players that would excel and probably be all-conference on less talented teams, but they came to Flagstaff and Philly for a chance to win a championship. Philly has ~26 points coming off the bench while Flagstaff counters with almost equal production and ~26 points. Each has a gunner guard with Flagstaff trotting out super-scorer Angelo Pedigo and Philly talented freshman Trey Harden. You really won't see much drop off from either team with these guys on the floor.

Advantage: PUSH

This really should be a great game, and could very well determine the winner of the NTT. In the end I give a slight edge to Philly but if Flagstaff comes out firing on all cylinders I certainly wouldn't be surprised if my guys play well and get an upset. Really excited to see how the game unfolds tomorrow.

Also, i'm really thinking about switching Sullivan and Macklin up, thus getting Sullivan away from Neal on defense. Anyone have any suggestions? Macklin is fine at PG but I just hate messing with stuff during the NTT. Only reason i'm thinking about it is the way my team in L15 played against a team that switched up its best scorer away from my best defender and pulled the 1/16 upset on me (was really overrated there). TIA.

Also, i'm really thinking about switching Sullivan and Macklin up, thus getting Sullivan away from Neal on defense. Anyone have any suggestions? Macklin is fine at PG but I just hate messing with stuff during the NTT. Only reason i'm thinking about it is the way my team in L15 played against a team that switched up its best scorer away from my best defender and pulled the 1/16 upset on me (was really overrated there). TIA.

I understand your desire to tinker. There are a few things I've considered for my match against Awaken as well. The thing is we didn't play head to head with our current lineups so I'd hate to change things when they have worked for 3 NTT games already. It would be different, in my case, had our current lineups faced off against one another earlier this season. I guess what I am trying to say, is don't mess to much with your lineup at this stage of the season. Things have been working for you.

Frankfort vs Boca Raton

Point Guard
FR Eric Bateman vs SO Mo Poisson. Bateman's not normally where the Deacon Blues look for scoring but he'll be looked to contain Poisson's scoring ability. While Mo only averaged 16 points a game, he's capable of tossing in 30 on any given night like he did in the regional semi-final. Bateman is the better ball distributor but Poisson has slightly better ball control.

Adv - Boca

Shooting Guard
JR Elmer Custis vs SO Erin Atkins. Atkin's was C13's runner-up for Conference player of the year and he like Poisson is capable of putting 30 on the boards any given night. Custis is a capable scorer as well with 12.9 pts per game this season. Both have similar ball control and defensive numbers.

Adv - Boca

Small Forward
SR Bernard Tuttle vs SR Bert Hutchings. It's a shame one of these two will be playing their last game of importance tonight but what a battle to end their career. This is one of two battles that I feel is a must win in order for Boca to take the game. Hutching's hasn't been a big time scorer despite his E shot with 13.1 per game this season, but the Storm will need him to contain Tuttle and help out on the boards. Despite the low career average, Hutchings is a consistent scorer which has him 75 pts from 7th all time on the Boca career scoring charts.

Adv - Frankfort

Power Forward
SR Rodrigo Lott vs JR Leon Cochran. I'll be honest, this is the spot that has me most concerned. The 2nd key for a Boca win will be countering Lott and his nearly 20 ppg and 6.4 boards. Cochran has been solid with 10 pts 5.4 boards this season but he'll need to have an impact if Boca's going to pull the Regional Upset. If the guards are successful scoring Cochran can get by with solid defense and rebounding, but if they have trouble he'll need to carry the slack scoring wise.

Adv - Frankfort

Center
SO Thomas Patrick vs FR Brice Truong. The 2nd match up of under class men is extremely tough to call. Patrick and Truong's numbers this season are virtually identical.

Adv - Push

Prediction
Like Awaken mentioned this is a case of Boca's guards against Frankfort's front court. This should be a close game, possibly decided by free throws and 3pt shooting. Cinderella has been fun, but I see Frankfort's experience and upper class men edging out a talented and young Boca squad. For Boca to win, we'll need near perfect games from our two SO guards while keeping 2 very talented SRs in check.

The silver lining for Boca should we lose is that our end of season PR should be in the top 10 now which is key in 3 recruiting battles. If this team manages to pick up Henry Pate (2) it might be even better than this year's squad heading into next season. It's been a hell of a season and I hope the ride continues. Good luck Awaken.

i took the weekend off to celebrate and remembered that i also have a team in L7...a crap team but still a team. congrats to all that made it this far and just by the looks of it, we have some battles on display tonight! i can't wait to watch a Boca/Frankfort and the Flagstaff/Philly games!!!

tau, i spent a lot of time recruiting Neal and his hands are suspect. right now that is his weakest position, especially with Neal having trouble with his shot this season. he is playing the balancing act between shots and turnovers. in H.S. his ast/to ratio was somewhere around 2.6/1.7 ast/to...pressure would be a good thing here!

in L15 recruiting...the NTT winner always gets screwed! i lost all ties, including Marco Fortner. Fortner was a 6'11" C that had little prefs besides a G+ win...fucking went to a 12-12 team! i was the only one of the 2/2 that had a PR > 100. similar thing happened last time (Michael Braddock)! i ended up with a solid group that came in 35/70-ish. i can't complain though i got 2 players that can start in a pinch and a glue-tweener.

To set up the tourney you go to the coach my team page and in the upper right there are links to request exhibition and regular season opponents. In the regular season one you put the first team number you play followed by a 1 in the bottom and so on til you request your three exhibition games. For the regular season you just put the 4th, 5th and 6th team numbers in. These have to be in order though or it will get messed up. Hope that makes a little sense if not let us know and someone will explain it better.

But essentially you play team 20 in the first exhibition game and team 159 in the first regular season game.

Correction: he is team 20. His exhibition games are against 139, 256, 120; regular season games against 159, 197, 104.

As tau said, use the links in the upper right hand of the coach's page and follow the instructions. For the exhibition games, there is a field to indicae the order. In the regular season games, the order is implied by your request order (first game requested is first, second is second...) If you request them today, you'll see the results tonight when games are run. I'm asking people to copy/paste the results on the thread for validation.

Thanks! Makes sense.

posrep to storm and tau for their write-ups.

I agree with storm's assessment. I would add that Frankfort has the bench adv. The bench and Lott have to overcome Boca's adv in guards. My goal is to keep Poisson under 18. The SF battle of stud Sr's will probably be the difference. Hutchings has better atts (+9 to +7), but Tuttle has a considerable size adv (6'5 to 7'2), and he's Exc ath to use it. But if Hutchings is like Lear was for me, he can will his team to victory.

This could also be decided by the refs and the FT line. We both shoot very well (77%, 79%) as a team, so if one club gets many more FTA's, it will be hard to overcome. I like my adv in shooting percentages (58% to 52% FG, FT mentioned above, 35% to 31% 3PT). Boca will have to bring a great team defense to get the win tonight.

Correction: he is team 20. His exhibition games are against 139, 256, 120; regular season games against 159, 197, 104.

Lol good catch awaken. I've put my requests in and will post tonight that they went in correctly.

And thanks for the advice guys. Storm, your advice about Neals hands actually have me wanting to switch Macklin to him even more haha. Should be a great battle in all 4 games either way.

Frankfort won an extremely close game vs Boca, 77-73. It was tied with 3 mins left; then Frankfort got a bucket, stop, bucket, to go up 4. Boca made a bucket, then we traded stops. Then it was time to foul, and we iced it with FT's. Great game, storm. Congratulations on how far you've taken this program. Good luck in recruiting.

Frankfort gets Memphis in the FF. Philly and Naples in the other match-up.

Requests for next year made:

Exhibition Opponents
Odessa
Boca Raton
Duluth

Regular Season Opponents
Flagstaff
Dearborn
Philadelphia

And then ther was 1...

Congrats Awaken. Tough fought game in which the Storm trailed until 8 minutes to go in the game when we jumped up by 4 only to lose the lead and ultimately the game. Down 2, Erin Atkins had a chance to tie the game (or lead) when he turned the ball over.

Bert Hutchings played his heart out dropping 20. Atkins added 15 and Poisson 14. I moved Gonzalez to PF where he had success slowing Lott in the pre-season but Lott wasn't fazed this time.

I'm a little miffed we dropped to 9th in PR after losing by 4 to the #1 ranked team in all the land. Seems a bit harsh considering we made it to the elite 8 and were facing the #1 team.

Up next PR #18 Springfield for a chance to tie our most wins in a season. This one may be key in signing recruits because a loss might drop us out of the top 10. :(

Frankfort is the sole DeACCon coach remaining in the final four. Go get that title!

DeACCon Requests for Boca:

Exhibition Opponents
Duluth
Frankfort
None

Regular Season Opponents
Philadelphia
Flagstaff
Pittsburgh

Back