• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Duluth lost 79-67 to undefeated Naples to fall to 12-7. There's a real chance I lose out and finish at .500. The decline of Fr PG Morris Brim is the story of the season. After a dominant first 6 starts with 7, 7, 9, 10, 10, and 10 assists, he's averaged 4 assists since. Not sure how to explain it.

The Stealers couldn't quite topple the #1 seed Garland Coyotes. We had the game within 4 points with a little less than a minute left. Ended up losing 70-80. I liked the effort though.

The Stealers couldn't quite topple the #1 seed Garland Coyotes. We had the game within 4 points with a little less than a minute left. Ended up losing 70-80. I liked the effort though.

Man that would of been a huge upset! Looks like you certainly have a good plan in place with your team, keep up the good work my man. Hope you do well in the rest of the NTT.

Thanks for quoting predecessors in the DeACCon, Storm. Makes it easier to keep up with.

No sweat.

Boca got a 95-65 win over CPU coached Newark. Next up Youngstown (17-2).

Atkins tallied 23 while 4 other Storm had double digits. Bert Hutchings moved into 9th all time Boca Scoring with the game.

The Dream for an ALL DeACCon coached final 4 was lost during the first round as both Dearborn and Pittsburgh were knocked out of the SW bracket.

Duluth lost 79-67 to undefeated Naples to fall to 12-7. There's a real chance I lose out and finish at .500. The decline of Fr PG Morris Brim is the story of the season. After a dominant first 6 starts with 7, 7, 9, 10, 10, and 10 assists, he's averaged 4 assists since. Not sure how to explain it.

That's weird. Was there a change in the lineup elsewhere? Hanno Lear started out real hot and regressed to the mean, too, as has Bateman this year; but this is really strange for it to be so much that it affects (lots of) games.

Duluth reminds me of a bunch of former Wake teams: should be better than their record, but not. Duluth is 12-7 with those recruiting classes? Must be some internal issues brewing. Everybody got their own girlfriend over there?

well, this heaping load of a season has finally come to an end...thank God!

Dearborn lost to Jackson 85-76

again Harding is a black hole, going 0-6 last night and allowed his man to go for 22pts on 7-12 shooting...i may never play him again! that brings Dearborn to tie their worst record in the last 20 seasons with 7 loses and 5 still to play. :tard:

the silver lining: Christian James has recovered from his early slump and has been very good since getting back into the starting lineup. outside of that i am looking at a total rebuilding venture despite my last 2 classes (highly over-rated) being top 10. there is not 1 star/leader among them!!!

recruiting: need some help/luck...i am at the mercy of the recruiting Gods this season and i could get a really nice class if i break a tie or two! i will only have 1 max tie on my team after this season and eventually my luck will have to change. that is right, i have had only 3 max tie wins in the last 10 seasons (2-1/1 and 1-3/3)...fucking game!

Evans 2/2 - it appears that G+ win will be my downfall :eek:
Salvaggio 2/2 - more like 1/1 due to 1 team with bad prefs
Chase 4/4 - another team dropped...much better than Lung's 5/5 (last season)!
Torres 2/2 - another team dropped...outstanding value!

Charlton CL - solid SG/bPG prospect.

Dearborn Warak's Deacs
Team #: 120
Current Power Ranking: 61 :sick:
Last Yr Power Ranking: 15
2nd Prior Power Rank: 8

Who is the Durham Deacons? I play them in the craptastic pfffttt tourney.

Cincinnati Skyline Deacs
Team #: 124

Current Power Ranking: 81
Last Yr Power Rankin: 104
2nd Prior Power Ranking: 68

That's weird. Was there a change in the lineup elsewhere? Hanno Lear started out real hot and regressed to the mean, too, as has Bateman this year; but this is really strange for it to be so much that it affects (lots of) games.

Duluth reminds me of a bunch of former Wake teams: should be better than their record, but not. Duluth is 12-7 with those recruiting classes? Must be some internal issues brewing. Everybody got their own girlfriend over there?

No lineup changes except replacing the backup for 2 games due to injury after the slide started. My recruiting classes were overrated in that I've only had one great player over the last 4 classes and a few good players who are inconsistent. Now it could be coaching because I have misutilized players in the past.

No sweat.

Boca got a 95-65 win over CPU coached Newark. Next up Youngstown (17-2).

Atkins tallied 23 while 4 other Storm had double digits. Bert Hutchings moved into 9th all time Boca Scoring with the game.

The Dream for an ALL DeACCon coached final 4 was lost during the first round as both Dearborn and Pittsburgh were knocked out of the SW bracket.

Watch out for Youngstown, they are really good. They play a sneaky game, where his bench is really good. In the game I played against them this year, his bench accounted for 41 of the 93 points he scored - which was 17 points more than my bench (he won by 17, too). His center is almost unstoppable, if he wants to be - looking to be back-to-back player of the year in the Conference 16. Outside of their C, their SG is the only other threat in his starting lineup.

No lineup changes except replacing the backup for 2 games due to injury after the slide started. My recruiting classes were overrated in that I've only had one great player over the last 4 classes and a few good players who are inconsistent. Now it could be coaching because I have misutilized players in the past.

How many Exc ratings do you have? Last time I was in a funk, it was bc I was Good everywhere, but not Exc at anything - esp scoring. I've learned I'd rather have a +5 with 2 Exc's than a +5 that is Good all around.

Watch out for Youngstown, they are really good. They play a sneaky game, where his bench is really good. In the game I played against them this year, his bench accounted for 41 of the 93 points he scored - which was 17 points more than my bench (he won by 17, too). His center is almost unstoppable, if he wants to be - looking to be back-to-back player of the year in the Conference 16. Outside of their C, their SG is the only other threat in his starting lineup.

Thanks for the heads up. This game scares me and is my curse. I have yet to get past the 2nd round....
:eek:hnoes:

How many Exc ratings do you have? Last time I was in a funk, it was bc I was Good everywhere, but not Exc at anything - esp scoring. I've learned I'd rather have a +5 with 2 Exc's than a +5 that is Good all around.

Feel free to check out my team. Here are the ratings.

Code:
Monroe Brim   6-6   Fr   Fair   Good   Exc   Fair   Good   Good       
Ernest Morin   6-6   Sr   Exc   Good   Good   Poor   Poor   Fair       
Konrad   Garrett   6-8   So   Exc   Fair   Fair   Fair   Fair   Good       
Warren   Donnelly   6-9   So   Good   Fair   Fair   Exc   Fair   Fair       
Williams   Corley   6-10   Jr   Good   Good   Fair   Exc   Fair   Good     

Player   Pos   Ht   YR   SHT   DEF   HANDS   REB   INT   ATHL       
Eric Wright   6-6   Sr   Poor   Exc   Good   Exc   Fair   Good       
Fritz Curran   6-3   So   Good   Exc   Fair   Fair   Fair   Good       
Arthur   Vanmeter   6-8   Fr   Good   Good   Fair   Good   Fair   Exc       
Lowell   Murray   7-1   Jr   Fair   Good   Good   Fair   Fair   Good      
Josh   Valverde   6-10   Jr   Fair   Good   Good   Good   Fair   Fair       

Greg   Dickerson   6-3   Sr   Good   Fair   Good   Poor   Good   Good       
Anthony   Swain   6-3   Fr   Fair   Fair   Exc   Poor   Good   Good

Last edited:
Ph, your team sounds a bit like mine. Ruis is about the only reason I am even respectable (no clue how I pulled him off, to this day) Seems like my team has always underachieved. I don't have one player on my roster above a fair athleticism. I know there is some stipulation on how much impact athleticism has, but not having any athletes can't help me.

This is the most athletic team I've ever had at +10. Maybe it is like some previous Wake teams and it's athletic with low IQ with +1/-1 intelligence in the starting lineup, although Morin's Poor Int hasn't stopped him from becoming Duluth's all-time leading scorer and highest percentage shooter. It may affect his defense though.

your team looks a lot like mine ph...you have Wright and i have Harding! they both are highly rated but worthless in the starting lineup, maybe even the bench.

i your lineup i think Vanmeter should be starting at PF...but i haven't checked his stats for the season.

your team looks a lot like mine ph...you have Wright and i have Harding! they both are highly rated but worthless in the starting lineup, maybe even the bench.

i your lineup i think Vanmeter should be starting at PF...but i haven't checked his stats for the season.

I thought he'd be my starting PF too. But in the 3 exhibition games at PF and Game 1 at PF, his per 30 averages were 9.2 pts, 3.8 reb, and worst of all 4.9 fouls. At bSF, his per 30s are 12.2 pts, 5.1 reb, and only 1.8 fouls, a striking difference.

Donnelly has played relative well at PF but his defense is suspect. He's 8/6 per 30.

Feel free to check out my team. Here are the ratings.

Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]Monroe Brim   6-6   Fr   Fair   Good   Exc   Fair   Good   Good       
Ernest Morin   6-6   Sr   Exc   Good   Good   Poor   Poor   Fair       
Konrad   Garrett   6-8   So   Exc   Fair   Fair   Fair   Fair   Good       
Warren   Donnelly   6-9   So   Good   Fair   Fair   Exc   Fair   Fair       
Williams   Corley   6-10   Jr   Good   Good   Fair   Exc   Fair   Good     

Eric Wright   6-6   Sr   Poor   Exc   Good   Exc   Fair   Good       
Fritz Curran   6-3   So   Good   Exc   Fair   Fair   Fair   Good       
Arthur   Vanmeter   6-8   Fr   Good   Good   Fair   Good   Fair   Exc       
Lowell   Murray   7-1   Jr   Fair   Good   Good   Fair   Fair   Good      
Josh   Valverde   6-10   Jr   Fair   Good   Good   Good   Fair   Fair       

Greg   Dickerson   6-3   Sr   Good   Fair   Good   Poor   Good   Good       
Anthony   Swain   6-3   Fr   Fair   Fair   Exc   Poor   Good   Good   [/FONT]

Your team looks pretty good. Much better than 12-7. You have everyone in their logical slot... wondering if they are in their preferred slot. With atts this good, it makes you wonder if they have a bunch of minuses? Check their HS class to see if they are Good/Exc scout and G- in some categories. You pass "the rule of threes" in each att if Good shot/Good ath = Exc shot. Perhaps it doesn't? Your only weakness if perhaps Int (again check for F-) which may screw up chemistry. You have some Exc's in there - you're not "too Good."

You'll undoubtedly start preparing for next year. Bench all Sr's except Morin, so he can set the scoring bar high. Like we advised warak, research their preferred positions.

I'll run your team by my coworker and see what he says.

good luck everyone still alive in L7...kick his ass Sea-bass, er storm!

Back