• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Onside Kick

The play was 100 percent reviewed. That person is an idiot.

The play was 100 percent reviewed. That person is an idiot.

Yeah I just emailed the dude and said I hope that was just an honest mistake and not a poor attempt to create controversy. I mean the media would never do that, would they?

The call was correct. That said, very disappointed in WF’s passivity on the on side kick coverage. WF looked unprepared. Unusual

The call was correct. That said, very disappointed in WF’s passivity on the on side kick coverage. WF looked unprepared. Unusual

May have just a tiny bit to do with the best member of our hands team getting knocked out of the game last week. Of all the reps to get in prepping for this game, I would hope we don’t spend too much on onside kicks.

It’s like free throws. Critically important. Can win or lose you a a game, you don’t get to a situation where it matters by not working on the other facets of the game.

The receiving team does not have to wait until it goes 10 yards, do they? It looked like we didn't know the rules and were just watching the State guy as he fielded it.. It was strange and we were very lucky, but the call was correct.

Our special teams have been great all year but they almost cost us that game.

The receiving team does not have to wait until it goes 10 yards, do they? It looked like we didn't know the rules and were just watching the State guy as he fielded it.. It was strange and we were very lucky, but the call was correct.

Absolutely not, we can go get it. Just better get it cleanly, of course.

Hope we are working on this a bit this week. Hope even more that we need it in both of our remaining regular season games.

Absolutely not, we can go get it. Just better get it cleanly, of course.

Hope we are working on this a bit this week. Hope even more that we need it in both of our remaining regular season games.

I’d rather we didn’t need it at all.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Dabo didn’t try to slip one in early to catch us off guard.

May have just a tiny bit to do with the best member of our hands team getting knocked out of the game last week. Of all the reps to get in prepping for this game, I would hope we don’t spend too much on onside kicks.

It’s like free throws. Critically important. Can win or lose you a a game, you don’t get to a situation where it matters by not working on the other facets of the game.

So you're saying we need Manning to coach special teams ? Because that guy had us ready to get to the free throw line.

I really liked state’s onside kick formation. 4 wide on each side with kicker standing straight on to disguise which way he was kicking. Made us divide our hands team and created more space. I had not seen that before. Well constructed and well executed.

It’s really easy from the sidelines to just say “go grab it” short of the 10. In reality there’s a bunch of guys sprinting at you and a ball bouncing all over the place. If a player pushes short of 10 and muffs it he’d be labeled the dumbest player that ever lived.

The ball bounced off his chest clearly short of 10 then he collected it going forward. It wasn’t really that close based on the blended replays after the game. Basically perfect kick that created a weird situation, could have gone worse.

I imagine we were are short more than just CBS. Roberson, Williams, Greer, hell maybe Carson or Holmes might have been on it. Haven’t looked at any other hands team plays this year if we had any.

I had a perfect angle on the play from where I was sitting. The ball took a perfect bounce—in fact, it was a little too perfect, as it came back toward the State player that recovered it. If that bounces straight, he grabs it just after the 10 yards. Just another close call against the Wolfpack. Probably just about as close as the Emezie fumble into the end zone in 2017.

Just glad it was kicked toward our sideline. If it's toward State these ballless refs probably give it to 'em live then it holds up on replay

Just like what happened with the Louisville game onside kick.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/did-nc-state-wake-forest-190313634.html

It was not controversial, it was close but he touched it before it went 10 yards and it was reviewed. What are they talking about?

That article is pandering to the delusional branch of State fans. Many still argue that they were never offsides, never were guilty of a false start, somehow the refs prevented them from converting third downs, and the ball clearly went ten yards, all video and eyeball evidence to the contrary. Their fallback is that they had something like 25 starters out for the game (they did have some, and missed them).

That article is pandering to the delusional branch of State fans. Many still argue that they were never offsides, never were guilty of a false start, somehow the refs prevented them from converting third downs, and the ball clearly went ten yards, all video and eyeball evidence to the contrary. Their fallback is that they had something like 25 starters out for the game (they did have some, and missed them).

I get pandering, but to state the play wasn't reviewed is either a inexcusable mistake or an intentional lie.

Last edited:
Back