• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Onside Kick

I admit I’d be sour as hell if the situations were reversed. The way Leary was throwing the ball we probably lose the game if they recover. Good for us they didn’t

Being sour is rice. Blaming the refs and refuting clear video evidence is flat earther level dumb.

It was close no doubt, but it was also pretty clear it touched his body before it went 10 yards. Possession has nothing to do with it, illegal touching means the ball cannot touch a member of the kicking team before it goes 10 yards. We had a questionable onside kick call go against us not so long ago it seems, I can't quite remember against who, but it was a really close call and probably the right one unfortunately for us.

It was close no doubt, but it was also pretty clear it touched his body before it went 10 yards. Possession has nothing to do with it, illegal touching means the ball cannot touch a member of the kicking team before it goes 10 yards. We had a questionable onside kick call go against us not so long ago it seems, I can't quite remember against who, but it was a really close call and probably the right one unfortunately for us.

Louisville in 2019, right?

I don't think the illegal batting rules apply here. For one it would have to be a forward bat which is highly unlikely.

It is frustrating that other teams seem to execute this play a lot better than we do.

UNC knocked the ball out of bounds when we attempted the onside kick.

I don’t think it’s a penalty for batting ball out of bounds unless you’re in the end zone. Otherwise you have to intentionally bat it forward. But I could be wrong.

Louisville in 2019, right?

Little different. No penalty and our player ran off the field with the ball. They fucked us on that one. But hey. I’m fine with the benefit of doubt going with the receiving team on onside kicks. Yeah it’s exciting but it’s generally a desperate play to prolong a game you should lose.

It has to kill State that twice recently they’ve lost to us in Winston due to a matter of inches.

Back