• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Opinion on FB/Dating Etiquette

waketastic

Reaction score
At what point, or do you at all, friend request a chick on FB that you are dating?

I understand that sometimes you will already be friends with a girl on FB before you start dating them. But say you meet a girl, hit it off, go out on some dates, etc, etc. When, if ever (do you just let her do it), send out the friend request?

Curious as to how other people view this.....

My age is showing. I really though this would be about how to take a date to a football game.

Never. You make her do it. She will, because she's inherently jealous.

And then you ignore her request. Money, baby.

swingersdunce2.jpg

girl's point of view:

i actually think i've only ever dated one guy where we weren't fb friends before our first date (or else he wasn't on fb). but he fb friended me right after we had left dinner, and it was in that fb friend request that he included a message asking me out again. i personally thought that was an appropriate way to handle it. if i had been out with a guy, and thought that there would be a second date, and he DIDN'T fb friend me before asking me out again, i'd assume he had something to hide.

She will invariably bring it up at some point.

Note - Make sure to make your relationship status a private thing that nobody, including her, can see. Although I'm not sure it won't be public if she sends you a request to verify your relationship status (if it gets to that).

Making your relationship status so that nobody can see it is an absolute must unless you are married.

Worrying about this kinda stuff is a sure fire way to save lots of money on condoms

girl's point of view:

i actually think i've only ever dated one guy where we weren't fb friends before our first date (or else he wasn't on fb). but he fb friended me right after we had left dinner, and it was in that fb friend request that he included a message asking me out again. i personally thought that was an appropriate way to handle it. if i had been out with a guy, and thought that there would be a second date, and he DIDN'T fb friend me before asking me out again, i'd assume he had something to hide.

Dangit....I was worried about that. This chick has like 1600 friends! I've got like...300? Kinda figured she'd FB request me. What if SHE's got something to hide!?

Just curious...would you have friend requested him the next day if his never came that night?

girl's point of view:

I think the question was you are already facebook friends, when do you send the relationship invite...

Just curious...would you have friend requested him the next day if his never came that night?

hm, good question. i'm honestly not sure. if he had not fb friended me, and he had not asked me out again, then i would have NOT fb friended him, because he would have been that guy who took me out once and never again. but if he had NOT fb friended me and he HAD asked me out again, then yes, i probably would friend him.

I think the question was you are already facebook friends, when do you send the relationship invite...

i don't think that was the question. but if it was, then i have no idea. i don't put my relationship status up EVER. i assume i will when i get engaged, but until then it won't say anything.

hm, good question. i'm honestly not sure. if he had not fb friended me, and he had not asked me out again, then i would have NOT fb friended him, because he would have been that guy who took me out once and never again. but if he had NOT fb friended me and he HAD asked me out again, then yes, i probably would friend him.

Word.....yea, we've been out a few times, get along great, and already have more plans down the road. Not worried about it honestly, it's just one of those things that I thought of and was curious as to how other people looked at it. I'm sure everybody has a different view on it really.

Def cheating on you if you aren't Facebook friends after the first date.

Back