• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Orginial Tea Partiers need to leave

Marietta Deac

Reaction score
They have been usurped by the Mike Huckleberry crowd. Tea Party used to mean Ron Paul supporter. Now it means Sarah Palin, Huckleberry, Akin, etc. This is a study of how a movement needs to guard itself from being taken over by the same group it was fighting in the first place.

Yeah, they need to get back to putting up candidates like Allen West and stay as far to the discredited, lunatic fringe as they can.

West and Paul are extremes. Most people want small government that stays out of there lives but has a safety net for those who are unfortunate. Even the biggest Paul supporters concede that most of ideas are impossible to implement. His son seems to be more pragmatic. I think you could agree with his filibuster on the current defense bill: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...bill-until-his-amendment-is-included-in-votes

There never was a Tea "Party." The whole thing started when a bunch of people were pissed off about Obamacare and government spending. Before you khenew it you had pols glomming on to political sentiment and making hay out of it. I've never been to a rally but it seemed early on it was very grass roots. Now it's like Disney.

There never was a Tea "Party." The whole thing started when a bunch of people were pissed off about Obamacare and government spending. Before you khenew it you had pols glomming on to political sentiment and making hay out of it. I've never been to a rally but it seemed early on it was very grass roots. Now it's like Disney.

I love the search function. Some other views that you've had on the Tea Party...
(in chronological order since June of last year)

I went ahead and bolded my favorite parts of your craziness. Bless your heart.

I think the so called Tea Party is a healthy wakeup call for the Republican party. It doesn't mean Boehner needs to go off the deep end. It simply means he has to go against his better judgement and grow a pair. And, so far, he has. And the really scary thing for some of you is the majority of this country share the views of this wacko Tea Party.

/digs bomb shelter

The Tea Party stretched its muscles in 2010 and until 2012 plays out all this bravado from the left means diddly squat. This debt ceiling dust up is not going to doom the Tea Party... at least as I can figure from the polls and Obama's idiotic Twitter campaign.

I think you misunderstood me. What I was trying to say is that the Tea Party really found momentum in 2010 and any assertion from the left that they will be voted out in 2012 is ridiculous. Everything you said is correct.

I agree with Bob. The Republican party is a joke. The Democrat party is a lost cause. The Tea Party is the transvestive version of the Republican party.

What is going to happen is you'll have candidates across the board who will ultimately have to come out with an honest platform and back it up when they get to Washington.

But I'll be dead by then, so what do I care.

The sooner we start taxing the hell out of these deadbeats the better. Whiners. It's our problem they were smoking dope instead of hitting the books when they had a free education handed to them? I don't think so. You don't like to be poor? Sell drugs and invest your money. What are you? Stupid? When you start working for the government five months out of the year you'll be highly motivated to improve your lot in life. Hell, you might even join the Tea Party and protest big government and higher taxes because you're actually paying for big government for the first time in your pathetic life. You'll be a patriot when you pay those taxes instead of a whining, Pringle eating couch potato loser. Welcome to game my friend.
Oh my God!!11!!1, so fantastic this post. So full of drunk rambling. I love it. (and I know how to spot drunk rambling)

Yeah, those crazy republicans might have tried to balance the budget and all that other insane Tea Party stuff.

I don't know Bev Perdue. She's probably a nice person. But when you suggest that elections should be suspended so your party can keep on keeping on... even if you say it in jest... you're going to catch hell. Now, if she intended to stir this all up then I'd have to tip my hat to her.

/how am I doin' shoo?

This thread got started on a Time fucking magazine poll of 20 likely democratic voters? Mmmmm. Mmmmm. Mmmmm.

The tea party is like the French underground before D-day... they are going to rock your little world.

Again... bless your heart.

The kid really knows when I'm pushing his buttons... I have to hand it to him.

Tonight was the first time I've read any of those posts. I had stayed clear of the politics forum until election time this year. However, I knew your statement here was just riddled with bullshit.

What are you drinking tonight? I've got some Bud Selects. I'm classy like that.

Tonight was the first time I've read any of those posts. I had stayed clear of the politics forum until election time this year. However, I knew your statement here was just riddled with bullshit.

What are you drinking tonight? I've got some Bud Selects. I'm classy like that.

Extraordinary effort on this thread. Well done.

Actually it started at the counter convention of Ron Paul supporters in 2008. Didn't get the goofy "Tea Party" moniker until later and then every conservative jumped on it.

Back