• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oscar Pistorius, Olympic 'Blade Runner', arrested for killing girlfriend...

So they got into a fight, she beat him with the cricket bat, he retreats to the shitter. She starts banging on the door trying to get in and he unloads 4 rounds into her. What I dont get is why he carried her downstairs.
Was he inside the bathroom or outside?

Interesting piece of the article TWDeac linked (which I finally just read):

Steenkamp was wearing her nightie at the time. When the police inspected Oscar’s bedroom, they found her overnight bag and iPad on the floor. A holster for a 9mm pistol was found on Oscar’s side of
the bed.

The bedclothes were crumpled. “It was clear that both of them had slept in the bed,” said a police source.
One cartridge was found in the bedroom and the police suspect Oscar may have “chased” her and fired the first shot before Steenkamp could lock herself inside the toilet.

“The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip. She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots. She probably covered her head, which is why the bullet also went through her hand,” said a source.

Steenkamp was shot in the head, hip, arm and hand.

In anticipation of a possible argument that he experienced “roid rage” – extremely aggressive behaviour associated with taking large doses of steroids – the police insisted that the athlete’s blood be tested for any foreign substances.

Last edited:
Here is Oscar's version of what happened.

The Telegraph wrote:
On the night in question, Pistorius said that he had a 9mm handgun under the bed – a precaution that he normally took. Waking in the summer heat in the early hours of the morning, he went out to the balcony to get a fan.
The athlete had not attached his prosthetic limbs and was walking on his stumps. Suddenly he "heard a noise in the bathroom". Pistorius knew the bathroom window was open and that ladders were accessible nearby. He thought that intruders had entered the house. "I screamed words to the effect of for him/her to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police," said Pistorius in his statement. "I thought Reeva was in the bed. I felt extremely vulnerable but I knew I had to protect Reeva and myself."Pistorius then fired four shots through the bathroom door using his handgun. At that moment, he said that he was convinced the unseen target was an intruder. When he returned to the bedroom, he saw his mistake."I realised that Reeva was not in the bed," he said. "That's when it dawned on me it must have been Reeva in the toilet."

Here is Oscar's version of what happened.

The Telegraph wrote:
On the night in question, Pistorius said that he had a 9mm handgun under the bed – a precaution that he normally took. Waking in the summer heat in the early hours of the morning, he went out to the balcony to get a fan.
The athlete had not attached his prosthetic limbs and was walking on his stumps. Suddenly he "heard a noise in the bathroom". Pistorius knew the bathroom window was open and that ladders were accessible nearby. He thought that intruders had entered the house. "I screamed words to the effect of for him/her to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police," said Pistorius in his statement. "I thought Reeva was in the bed. I felt extremely vulnerable but I knew I had to protect Reeva and myself."Pistorius then fired four shots through the bathroom door using his handgun. At that moment, he said that he was convinced the unseen target was an intruder. When he returned to the bedroom, he saw his mistake."I realised that Reeva was not in the bed," he said. "That's when it dawned on me it must have been Reeva in the toilet."

:bullshit: He's fucked.

Interesting piece of the article TWDeac linked (which I finally just read):

Steenkamp was wearing her nightie at the time. When the police inspected Oscar’s bedroom, they found her overnight bag and iPad on the floor. A holster for a 9mm pistol was found on Oscar’s side of
the bed.

The bedclothes were crumpled. “It was clear that both of them had slept in the bed,” said a police source.
One cartridge was found in the bedroom and the police suspect Oscar may have “chased” her and fired the first shot before Steenkamp could lock herself inside the toilet.

“The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip. She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots. She probably covered her head, which is why the bullet also went through her hand,” said a source.

Steenkamp was shot in the head, hip, arm and hand.

In anticipation of a possible argument that he experienced “roid rage” – extremely aggressive behaviour associated with taking large doses of steroids – the police insisted that the athlete’s blood be tested for any foreign substances.

Funny, but completely dickish, to put "chased" in quotes.

Uh ya.

Going to be kind of hard to prove you somehow missed the fact your model girlfriend was not in bed while you took the time to put on your prosthetic limbs

He was walking around on his stumps, so I'm sure they are going to argue that he was vulnerable to attack and thus extremely nervous.

The Sun, citing police sources, reported that steroids were found during a search of the house when officers arrived to find Reeva Steenkamp dead from gunshot wounds. The Daily Mirror adds that there were "boxes and boxes" of unopened steroids found in a drawer, in "every form possible" including pills and syringes. The Mirror claims Pistorius told police they weren't his, and he was just holding the PEDs for a friend.

so he went to the bed to get the handgun but didnt notice she wasnt in the bed?

yeah he's fucked... later Oscar - cover up your b hole in prison.

so he went to the bed to get the handgun but didnt notice she wasnt in the bed?

She was in bed with him, he got his stumpy ass out of bed, then stumpily wrangled the gun from under the bed and STILL didn't notice that she was gone from the bed. Supposedly.

If SA is so dangerous and he was so scared, why doesnt he (i) close and lock the balcony door before bed or (ii) engage the alarm.

If he has an alarm that was set and didnt go off, he is really fucked.

He's seriously blaming it on an intruder? Say it ain't so.

Perhaps that show-off the one-armed man did it.

Back