• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

This is obviously far, far too simplistic but Tulsa's kenpom ranks were 70, 60, 85, 91, 93 the five years prior to Manning took over, at which he promptly sent them plummeting to 178 his first year before rising up to 81 this year. Oh and the guy who preceded Manning got fired. Point being, Tulsa is a solid program and Manning hasn't shown much of anything.

This is obviously far, far too simplistic but Tulsa's kenpom ranks were 70, 60, 85, 91, 93 the five years prior to Manning took over, at which he promptly sent them plummeting to 178 his first year before rising up to 81 this year. Oh and the guy who preceded Manning got fired. Point being, Tulsa is a solid program and Manning hasn't shown much of anything.

I DON'T EVEN CARE

Wow, Shaka needs 5 more wins this year for most wins by a coach in 1st 5 seasons.

FWIW, I asked a friend with La Tech ties about White a month ago and his response was the general feeling in the program was he'd prefer an SEC job but would listen to a program like Wake.

A positive stat for Manning -- Tulsa is 22-8 ATS this year, one of the best marks in the country. Sign they're exceeding expectations

A positive stat for Manning -- Tulsa is 22-8 ATS this year, one of the best marks in the country. Sign they're exceeding expectations

Does ATS record have any bearing on coaching performance (Serious question.) Wake went 16-12-1 last year and I remember Keno Davis had a redonk ATS run at Drake a few years ago and he turned out to be totally useless, so I would lean to it being fairly irrelevant.

Agree, it doesn't mean much in my college basketball betting experiences.

Serious defense of Manning:

I know how we've been abused by the youth/inexperience excuse here, but in Manning's first season, the team was a mess. He had 8 freshmen on his roster, and they accounted for over half (53.6%) of the minutes. The team's best player, Scottie Haralson, was a senior. The team's only other senior played a total of 21 minutes last season. They also had a post-grad guy in his first year with the team. There were a lot of moving parts, is my point, and the team wasn't in great shape.

This year, after losing Haralson, he's played freshmen and sophomores (a combined 11 players) in 79.8% of the minutes. Most of those players are sophomores, though, obviously, and as the team's success this year would suggest, they pretty much improved across the board. I'd think Manning has a lot to do with that progression. They're still very, very young, though.

Last edited:
What an amazing game this is from White and La Tech. Love him so much.

Does ATS record have any bearing on coaching performance (Serious question.) Wake went 16-12-1 last year and I remember Keno Davis had a redonk ATS run at Drake a few years ago and he turned out to be totally useless, so I would lean to it being fairly irrelevant.

Man, fuck Keno Davis.

Either way, Manning keeping good company at the top of the ATS rankings, with the likes of Marshall, Wright, Miles and Krystowiak

Leading scorers tonight, sophomore and junior. #foundation

I'd love to have Moton as 1st assistant. Too much of a jump. Does that make me kinda racist? #whitepower

Leading scorers tonight, sophomore and junior. #foundation

Plus their best scorer is another JR Raheem Appleby who hurt his ankle a while ago and has slowly been coming back. Looks like he's out today.

Last edited:
Back