• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

"Would never want BH as a coach in the PAC12. He will consistently whoop UCLA. The man can flat out coach. We will see a kinder, gentler version of him who will succeed with intelligent players unlike the prima donnas he started to bring to UCLA.

NYC Bruin Alum"

isn't Stanford projected to be in the Tournament? i doubt Stanford fires a coach that just led them to the NCAAs.

NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+First+Round+Miami+1WvPj_OMUB5m.jpg

Shaka, Marshall, Howland, Masiello, White...after that I'm not impressed. We are hungry to win again, hell, just to be competitive at least to start. The last 4 years we've been hysterically competitive. I'm not interested in the Mooneys/Turners/Reeds of the world. I didn't like the Bz hire to begin with. I haven't been to a game at the Joel since Dino. I'm a fan disguised as an empty seat. The game at Xavier was 20 minutes from my house and I had the opportunity to go. Passed.

If RW will hire one of these top guys I'll make a couple of trips to the Joel from Dayton. I'll join the Deacon Club and sign my kid up too. Come on Ron, grow a pair and give Deacon fans a reason to rock the Joel.

The Howland haters, of which I admittedly was one, are so, so, wrong about this guy. He will take Wake to never before seen heights and will go down as our greatest coach.

If RW will hire one of these top guys I'll make a couple of trips to the Joel from Dayton. I'll join the Deacon Club and sign my kid up too. Come on Ron, grow a pair and give Deacon fans a reason to rock the Joel.

You in Dayton and you're not an Archie fan?

You in Dayton and you're not an Archie fan?

Yea, I like Archie. I probably should have included him in my group above. I'm not sure about him as an ACC caliber coach yet but I think he's close. That may also be true of Masiello and White. Arch would light the place up. I just don't want MTR... or Paulson.

The Howland haters, of which I admittedly was one, are so, so, wrong about this guy. He will take Wake to never before seen heights and will go down as our greatest coach.

You know this for a fact? Because if this is true and babydeac's tease has a ring of truth to it I could be very excited in a few weeks.

I get the feeling from UCLA fans that Howland was kind of like John Fox with the Panthers. Better for both parties to move on, even though Howland/Fox are stud coaches.

If he gets some traction with the current roster and can recruit a bit, it could happen. Especially if Wake starts running a more competent athletic department in two or three years.

Andy Katz tweeting the love for Michael White: "If you're looking for a hot coach who could move up the coaching ladder, track Michael White of La Tech. Playing for CUSA title vs. Tulsa."

You guys think Howland would keep Battle, Rusty, & Chill as assistants? Would he be a positive influence on their careers or future coaching prospects? Would this influence RW's hiring decision?

Back