• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

Andy giving us the assist. He loves Wake and thinks Wellman may never have heard of this guy...

You guys think Howland would keep Battle, Rusty, & Chill as assistants? Would he be a positive influence on their careers or future coaching prospects? Would this influence RW's hiring decision?

No. No. No. Sorry I like them all but Ben is gonna bring his guys in and his guys have an excellent track record to say the least.

You guys think Howland would keep Battle, Rusty, & Chill as assistants? Would he be a positive influence on their careers or future coaching prospects? Would this influence RW's hiring decision?

Everyone involved needs a clean slate so I hope not.

I don't think he would keep the whole staff nor should he. But it would be awesome if he kept Childress and worked the same magic with him that he did with Jamie Dixon.

No. No. No. Sorry I like them all but Ben is gonna bring his guys in and his guys have an excellent track record to say the least.

That's how it would play out. No matter who comes in here I don't think any assistants will be here. Randolph may move back to the AD office.

04march.howland.large.jpg

I think we need a clean slate myself.

Yeah it isn't fun when you like/respect guys like Battle and Chill but those two specifically will have their own success. I could see Battle taking that Marshall job.

I think it's possible that Howland keeps Chill as the third assistant. But he would be the only candidate that I think might do that.

Yeah it isn't fun when you like/respect guys like Battle and Chill but those two specifically will have their own success. I could see Battle taking that Marshall job.

If he is offered it I think he should take it. He could probably use his own clean slate.

UCLA board on Howland to WF rumors:

It's quiet here. Ben has been keeping a low profile and enjoying his quiet life. Even though Ben coached at Pitt, he's a west coast guy, so if Stanford knocks,,,forget it.

He and Jamie Dixon are as tight as brothers, and has said he(and Jamie too) would never want to play the oter unless it was for the ncaa title. He was po'd and even complained when they put Pitt and UCLA in the same bracket. That is also why the Dixon to u$c rumors wre all bulls**t. They don't want to play each other, don't want to recruit in the same city, conference, or any situation that would create a potential faceoff, real or media driven, or give anyone anything to write about the two.

So the answer is no.

You gotta think Battle's rep is tarnished from being associated with this mess. If I'm a Marshall fan, I couldn't see being happy with an assistant from one of the worst ACC teams.

UCLA board on Howland to WF rumors:

It's quiet here. Ben has been keeping a low profile and enjoying his quiet life. Even though Ben coached at Pitt, he's a west coast guy, so if Stanford knocks,,,forget it.

He and Jamie Dixon are as tight as brothers, and has said he(and Jamie too) would never want to play the oter unless it was for the ncaa title. He was po'd and even complained when they put Pitt and UCLA in the same bracket. That is also why the Dixon to u$c rumors wre all bulls**t. They don't want to play each other, don't want to recruit in the same city, conference, or any situation that would create a potential faceoff, real or media driven, or give anyone anything to write about the two.

So the answer is no.

That could be from the UCLA board's version of Jaybone, so he could be completely full of it.

I didn't realize the Marshall job had come open. I definitely think Battle ends up there. Could even have some former Wake players on his staff.

You gotta think Battle's rep is tarnished from being associated with this mess. If I'm a Marshall fan, I couldn't see being happy with an assistant from one of the worst ACC teams.

If/when he is interviewed he's going to have some difficult questions to answer for sure. But he seems pretty level-headed and would probably handle those questions well. I'm pulling for him. He's been through a lot.

I wouldn't underestimate the desire to hire a popular alum.

I guess, but you don't hear us clamoring to hire our unsuccessful assistants.

Back