• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

I would also add a "pants around my ankles" category with MY MAN buzz and the other mystery big name candidates people don't know we're after

This a thing? I was wondering if McDermott was getable.

A UCLA fan started a thread about Howland on the other board.
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=192&f=1118&t=12737455

"I read on Twitter you guys might be getting him as your head coach. IMO, it'd be a fantastic hire for you guys.

He instilled a culture of hard-nosed, tough basketball in Westwood. The three straight final four appearances was the most fun UCLA basketball has had since the '95 national championship. He focused on getting under-the-radar athletes with high character."

Reminder that the CUSA title game is at 1130 AM est on CBS this morning. Making our boy play a 1030 AM local time game after playing late the night before.

ETA: Wake20 beat me!

(my buddy who's connected to the programs in DC said he heard Lonergan was taking interviews)

You snuck this in there, but just a couple pages ago you said Lonergan wasn't leaving DC...

Oh man so it's 1030 ET? Wtf, CUSA?

I've heard recently he has no interest in leaving. My buddy who has some connections said yesterday he was taking interviews. Could be for a raise, maybe there is some truth to Turgeon rumors, maybe he's just seeing what's out there. I still don't see it happening though.

Oh man so it's 1030 ET? Wtf, CUSA?

I've heard recently he has no interest in leaving. My buddy who has some connections said yesterday he was taking interviews. Could be for a raise, maybe there is some truth to Turgeon rumors, maybe he's just seeing what's out there. I still don't see it happening though.

No, no. 1130 EST. But the game is in El Paso Texas, which actually runs on mountain time per Google. So the game is at 9:30am local time for the players (even worse than 10:30am). Tough on the players to have it at that time but TV rules all.

THE MAN trying to hold down #whitepower. Not cool.

FWIW, LA Tech beat Tulsa at home by 5 last month. Should be a good game.

After doing some research, I found the following information on Mike White:

*Mr. and Mrs. White are Baptists
*LA Tech fans didn't want him when he was hired
*This will be LA Tech's first nationally-televised game since...wait for it...LA Tech played Wake Forest in the 1991 NCAA Tournament

whiteolemiss.jpg

THE MAN trying to hold down #whitepower. Not cool.

FWIW, LA Tech beat Tulsa at home by 5 last month. Should be a good game.

After doing some research, I found the following information on Mike White:

*Mr. and Mrs. White are Baptists
*LA Tech fans didn't want him when he was hired
*This will be LA Tech's first nationally-televised game since...wait for it...LA Tech played Wake Forest in the 1991 NCAA Tournament

whiteolemiss.jpg

Was at the old Omni for that one. La Tech had a nice PF, Anthony Dade. That Bama team we played next was loaded. I will always love that Wake team as the one that got us out of the doldrums.

Looks like Marvin Menzies is going dancing. NMSU has the WAC final tonight, against a sub .500 Idaho team that upset the tournament's top seed, Utah Valley. A win and NMSU is in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm sure La Tech's women have had far more national games in that stretch.

Was at the old Omni for that one. La Tech had a nice PF, Anthony Dade. That Bama team we played next was loaded. I will always love that Wake team as the one that got us out of the doldrums.

Yeah, I was at that game too. Was surprised at how beat up the Omni was.

Looks like Marvin Menzies is going dancing. NMSU has the WAC final tonight, against a sub .500 Idaho team that upset the tournament's top seed, Utah Valley. A win and NMSU is in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I like Menzies. But he has more than three years of head coaching experience and a successful resume so I can see why he's not very popular on here.

I like Menzies. But he has more than three years of head coaching experience and a successful resume so I can see why he's not very popular on here.

Menzies is one of the few names I've seen on here that I am not very familiar with. What is his background?

Back