• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our next BIG GAME against High Point

That is a great venue. It's a shame they haven't had a player worth going out of your way to see since AZ Reid...

From a fan's perspective it really is. Not a bad seat in the house, because the house is so small. When they get a new arena, I bet it will be really nice. Nido knows how to spend money.

From a fan's perspective it really is. Not a bad seat in the house, because the house is so small. When they get a new arena, I bet it will be really nice. Nido knows how to spend money.

Does anybody know where the money comes from? There are few schools in the country that have had such striking facilities upgrades...

Does anybody know where the money comes from? There are few schools in the country that have had such striking facilities upgrades...

They've had some donors really step up, but it's hard to believe that's all of it. It one of the more amazing transformations I've ever seen.

A note about HPU's top scorer Nick Barbour:

He is shooting just 11/42 from inside of the arc. For those of you keeping track at home that's only 26.2%. (and 44.2% from 3).

Where's LD when we need him?

From what I hear they bring in a lot of students from the Middle East (relatively) and then turns their filthy rich parents into donors. No clue if that has any credence to it. He's a ridiculous fundraiser regardless.

My son goes there, I asked him about that theory and he said he doesn't think there is anything to it. They have identified a good niche and are master marketers, so they will probably get their SAT averages up to 1200 and compete more with Elon. Wake better watch out if Nido stays there another 10 years. He is pretty amazing.

He is shooting just 11/42 from inside of the arc. For those of you keeping track at home that's only 26.2%. (and 44.2% from 3).

I predict he's gonna have a career game.

Still trying to learn to shoot???

My son goes there, I asked him about that theory and he said he doesn't think there is anything to it. They have identified a good niche and are master marketers, so they will probably get their SAT averages up to 1200 and compete more with Elon. Wake better watch out if Nido stays there another 10 years. He is pretty amazing.

I don't want to scoff at this, because I understand anything can happen with money, but it strikes me as nearly impossible that HPU will compete with Wake within the next 50 years.

The USNews rankings have, in my opinion, cemented the top 30 schools in the nation into their respective positions. Those schools aren't going anywhere (up or down), and High Point isn't going to make a colossal jump through some raised SAT scores. The USNews algorithm accounts for far more than just SAT scores.

I don't want to scoff at this, because I understand anything can happen with money, but it strikes me as nearly impossible that HPU will compete with Wake within the next 50 years.

The USNews rankings have, in my opinion, cemented the top 30 schools in the nation into their respective positions. Those schools aren't going anywhere (up or down), and High Point isn't going to make a colossal jump through some raised SAT scores. The USNews algorithm accounts for far more than just SAT scores.

Yup it's going to be increasingly difficult for schools outside of that range to break in.

What's the niche? A resort with class rooms?

You doubt the powers of Nido? More like a cruise ship on land. If you build it they will come.

You doubt the powers of Nido? More like a cruise ship on land. If you build it they will come.

I just don't think a school whose selling point is its amenities should be of much concern for Wake.

If you see where HPU was 5 years ago and where they are today, who knows where they will be in 10 years. It is not clear what their ceiling will be but they are clearly on the upswing-no doubt.

I'm suspecting that HPU will be offering some majors that support 21st Century jobs well. It has a very international flavor and reaches out well to business. I agree that it is definitely a school to watch grow.

Just for the record, I don't see HPU as a top 50 school in the foreseeable future. Just giving them credit for creating some positive buzz for their school.

Back