• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our next BIG GAME against High Point

From the game notes:

Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Millis Center in High Point. The 1,750-seat arena will be the smallest venue Wake Forest has played in since the 1950s. Wake Forest will also be the first-ever ACC team to play at High Point.

I don't like how this is shaping up.

I'm predicting a loss and a boards meltdown. Book it.

Also, wtf?

The Deacons have won six straight in the series. Wake Forest's only loss in the series is a 19-13 setback in 1934-35.

Even though we're down and hosting Wake Forest doesn't mean what it used to, it is huge for HPU to be hosting an ACC team or any team from a major conference for that matter. Definitely could be a trap game.

Even though we're down and hosting Wake Forest doesn't mean what it used to, it is huge for HPU to be hosting an ACC team or any team from a major conference for that matter. Definitely could be a trap game.

Exactly, and it's in a tiny gym. The tiny gym part is actually what scares me the most - close fans, and drastic changes in scenery seem to affect shooters sometimes.

Also, wtf?

The Deacons have won six straight in the series. Wake Forest's only loss in the series is a 19-13 setback in 1934-35.

Maybe it was football, HPU had football decades ago. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see HPU add football within the next decade.

From the game notes:

Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Millis Center in High Point. The 1,750-seat arena will be the smallest venue Wake Forest has played in since the 1950s. Wake Forest will also be the first-ever ACC team to play at High Point.

I don't like how this is shaping up.

I'm predicting a loss and a boards meltdown. Book it.

Sound an awful lot like Notre Dame coming to BB&T Field.

...and they beat us, so we should beat HPU. Hard to believe that we've fallen to such depths to even consider the possibility of losing this game. :mad:

One source of his huge donor base is that went out and recruited kids of fortune 500 CEOs from around the country and has them contributing a ton. I know this as a fact.

His private wealth came from many sources, one is a PR firm he owns and another is all the speaking engagements and consulting he has done all over the world at a huge price.

A guy I know called the HPU ticket office. Apparently, nearly all of the tickets are being held exclusively for students, and there are no individual tickets available.

Put me in the camp that believes this could be a difficult environment to play in.

A guy I know called the HPU ticket office. Apparently, nearly all of the tickets are being held exclusively for students, and there are no individual tickets available.

Put me in the camp that believes this could be a difficult environment to play in.

Oh crap. We're going to need Chase to explode.

Yea, I figured they'd do something like this. It's not like they have any actual townie or alumni fans around, I imagine. And they want prospective students to believe that the school spirit atmosphere there is as good as anywhere else. Thus, we'll be walking into a gym of 1750 where 1200 are students trying to gin up some school spirit in this appointed "game of the year."

Ugh.

One source of his huge donor base is that went out and recruited kids of fortune 500 CEOs from around the country and has them contributing a ton. I know this as a fact.

His private wealth came from many sources, one is a PR firm he owns and another is all the speaking engagements and consulting he has done all over the world at a huge price.

How do you know this about the Fortune 500 kids? Just curious. I know rich people have kids that are colossal fuckups sometimes, but I'm surprised these Fortune 500 kids wouldn't be going to other schools.

I'm in NC on business and was planning to go to the game. I had no idea it would be an issue to get a ticket.

Maybe it was football, HPU had football decades ago. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see HPU add football within the next decade.

Wake has played High Point once in football. The game was in 1927 and we won.

I visited the campus one time for a track meet. They had a ton of nice buildings but they have really just crammed as many amenities as they possibly can on to that campus. I went to the building with the Subway in it and watched a kid 100 feet away shoot hoops on their indoor court for students. I offered to pay for the sandwich in cash but the girl refused, saying she'd be fired. I guess that Subway only accepts High Point bucks.

Also, I hope we aren't really in danger of losing this game.

i'm kinda out of our hoops deal, but did we have a game tonight? I missed our UR game.

Back