• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our next BIG GAME against High Point

I don't have a clue as what your last comment means, 2 guys per room with one single for an on campus apartment is pretty civilized. There are a lot of affluent families that have children that don't have the academic profile to attend Wake. Also, HPU has many other attractive features including a quality education.

Okay that's basically the same living situation as a dorm then. I thought the whole point of being from an affluent family was that you could go to a good school even if you're an idiot :)

I think I am done with this conversation. Between my wife and I we have 3 degrees from Wake. Hopefully Wake will defeat the mighty Panthers.

I understand the allure of High Point for an 18 student; I do not understand why everyone thinks it's ok to pay that much for the HPU degree.

You guys are acting like spoiled brats today.

We're like this every day.

I think the pressure of playing a top team like High Point is getting to you.

Why the fuck would you go to High Point if your mother or father was the CEO of a Fortune 500 company?

60:40 Female:Male ratio. Think of all the dumb, rich, hot poon that you could meet at the climbing wall, or outdoor swimming pool, or billard hall.

You could pay $5 and get it through the High Point athletics site too. That's what we are doing I believe.

This thread has been a revelation to me. Born and raised in NC and have never met a High Point University grad in my entire life. Was barely aware there was a High Point University. And now I find out that it's like a 5-star resort college for the kids of uber-rich businessmen and Saudi sheiks. I'll be damned.

This thread has been a revelation to me. Born and raised in NC and have never met a High Point University grad in my entire life. Was barely aware there was a High Point University. And now I find out that it's like a 5-star resort college for the kids of uber-rich businessmen and Saudi sheiks. I'll be damned.

HPU has changed dramatically in the past few years since Nido became President of the University. You really wouldn't believe the massive amounts of campus expansion and new construction that has taken place. For example, they just built and constructed, from scratch, an entire fraternity row. Bought up dozens of houses in the adjoining neighborhood, razed them, and built these beautiful fraternity houses. Whether it's a sustainable model - who knows? This year's "Comprehensive Fee" (sort of like an all inclusive resort, but instead of alcohol you get education!) is $37,800. That sounds really steep to me, given the school's present academic reputation and national stature, but apparently they're having no trouble finding students (albeit in great numbers from out of state).

Prior to that it was just a sleepy little small town college. I also grew up in NC all my life and didn't really know it existed until I moved here.

All the credit goes to Coach Buzz!

You could pay $5 and get it through the High Point athletics site too. That's what we are doing I believe.

This is video access, correct? I went through the link earlier on the thread and am currently entering my Credit Card information; but I haven't seen anything clarifying whether its an audio-feed or video-feed.

There is a lot of overlap between the big money donors (corporate and family) at Wake and HPU. So if Nido and rich folks are doing anything shady, I suspect Dr. Hatch is as well.

Back