• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our next BIG GAME against High Point

Just saw a segment on News 14 about this game and yes they are treating it like they're superbowl. If I heard correctly I thought they said High Point is
2-5? Is this correct? Doesn't sound like a very good team. Still don't lilke this game though

Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Millis Center in High Point. The 1,750-seat arena will be the smallest venue Wake Forest has played in since the 1950s.

Dang, that is small. To put it in perspective, Wake played at Bucknell back in 2006. Their gym seats 4330. We also played at Davidson back in 2000 and their gym at the time sat 4875.

So, yeah, that's a small freaking gym. I wonder how many Reynolds Gym seats.

Dang, that is small. To put it in perspective, Wake played at Bucknell back in 2006. Their gym seats 4330. We also played at Davidson back in 2000 and their gym at the time sat 4875.

So, yeah, that's a small freaking gym. I wonder how many Reynolds Gym seats.

I think I estimated 800-900 for Black and Gold Madness (based on a rough count).

Posted on the other thread, but thought it might be appropriate here as well.

Anybody know anything about buying tickets over there? This is serious. I'm thinking about making the drive and didn't know if I should buy tickets in advance or wait to get them at the gym.

I love it. Take on all comers. If HPU can provide a crazy atmosphere, that's just going to make it "easier" for our players to handle the ACC road grind night in and night out.

I love it. Take on all comers. If HPU can provide a crazy atmosphere, that's just going to make it "easier" for our players to handle the ACC road grind night in and night out.

Agreed in general.

Too bad we chicken shitted our way out of the Skip Prosser Classic. Nice PR work, Mr. [Redacted]. You coward.

Now your big road test (not ESPN enforced) is at High Point instead of at Xavier.

Kudos. Well worked schedule, sir.

Let's go! Where is the Wake win or lose poll? Or maybe I missed it.

The Xavier game would have at Wake.

I actually like the idea of going in to small gyms, an ACC team playing in that atmosphere. It doesn't help us at all but I just think its awesome.

I actually like the idea of going in to small gyms, an ACC team playing in that atmosphere. It doesn't help us at all but I just think its awesome.

I agree with you. It's a tough game and there's nothing really in it for the Deacs, but I think it's cool that we're willing to go play @ Bucknell, @ Gonzaga, @ Richmond, @ UNC-W, @ ECU, @ High Point, etc. It's neat to see those opposing environments.

Why the fuck would you go to High Point if your mother or father was the CEO of a Fortune 500 company?

Why the fuck would you go to High Point if your mother or father was the CEO of a Fortune 500 company?

For an EXTRAORDINARY EDUCATION in an INSPIRING ENVIRONMENT from CARING PEOPLE.

Oh, you were serious? So you can stay in what amounts to a plush hotel resort for four years.

When I was at Wake in the mid 70's as an undergrad I lived in the third floor of Poteat House. The suite was four rooms and one bath/shower at the end of the hall - 8 guys with 2 per room with a bunk bed and two small desk and chairs. There was like radiator heat and no A/C and you walked out to the weather and down the cold staircase. The women on the other side of campus had it much better. My son at Highpoint lives in a full 3 bedroom appartment, 3 baths, kitchen laundry - the full works with 4 other guys. It is quite nice and right beside the magnificient Nido's school of communications where he has 90% of his classes. Not everybody that wants to go to college is a good fit for Wake Forest.

I guess I just expected the primary attraction of a college to be, well, the quality of education. And sharing a three bedroom apartment with 4 other guys? I think I'll just leave that alone...

What do we know about High Point University's President and how is he getting all this money to turn that campus into a "resort?"

Back