• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our next BIG GAME against High Point

Tex, don't you need to be studying for finals? You are overworking this issue.

You're absolutely right and wrong at the same time. I should be studying for finals, but I am overworking this issue precisely because I'm studying for finals. Anything is better than school right now.

Also, I have a sister that goes to HPU, so it's not like I'm a completely disinterested party.

Also, I have a sister that goes to HPU, so it's not like I'm a completely disinterested party.

SHE'S ONE OF THEM. SHE BELONGS TO "NIDO" NOW.

281_x_393_950-Qubin%20300%20dpi%20ss.jpg

Lol, deaclite is trolling the hell out of all of you.

When he isn't trolling though, he is pretty realistic about the academic situation at high point. Why anybody at wake feels threatened, idk.

Ps, that 'ranking' description on the website is hilarious.

Also, this guy looks evil as fuck. ^^

He's definitely up to no good. Beware.

To add on top of the game itself, HPU is also bringing Tubby Smith back to campus for this game to honor him at halftime. He is a grad and easily their most famous one (though until someone told me, I had no idea).

They advertise tubby's alumni status pretty extensively. There are ads with him on then at the greensboro airport.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't know what trolling means but I am concerned that Coach Cherry is going to read this thread to his team. Tex, does your sister not like HPU?

Sorry, I was trying to be humorous. Is that a bad thing?

Sorry, I don't know what trolling means but I am concerned that Coach Cherry is going to read this thread to his team. Tex, does your sister not like HPU?

She certainly doesn't dislike it. I don't think she cares for the classes or people, but she likes having a concierge, carriage rides, and ice cream.

In all seriousness, I think she likes it well enough. She's an upperclassmen now, lives off campus, and pretty much stays away from the campus anymore I think. The school's been good to her, and she's come out of it with some good grades whereas previously in high school she struggled. So, I'm proud of her.

Still, it leads to some wacky dinner conversations over the holidays when I'm forced to hear all about Nido. I'm with Say Hey here. There has to be something in the water.

In all seriousness, I think she likes it well enough. She's an upperclassmen now, lives off campus, and pretty much stays away from the campus anymore I think. The school's been good to her, and she's come out of it with some good grades whereas previously in high school she struggled. So, I'm proud of her.

Still, it leads to some wacky dinner conversations over the holidays when I'm forced to hear all about Nido. I'm with Say Hey here. There has to be something in the water.

Ok then , I'm out until after the game. GoDeacs!

There is a concerted effort among the buzzin crowd to overstate the quality of our opponents to make the losses look less severe and the wins worth more.

If we lose this game Bzz should find his office locked and his shit in boxes out on the sidewalk tomorrow morning.

This.

Or it could have nothing to do with bz. I think a lot of people look at the talent and size of this team or lack there of and just don't expect much. Sad? Yes. Protecting a coach who still has a lot to prove? No.

A lot of people neglect reality around here.

I know you're smarter than this, Ph. It's not so much overstating the quality of our opponents as it is stating, I think correctly, how bad we are.

Note that many posters in this thread preface their words with something to the effect of, "High Point is terrible, but..." and then go on to describe the ways in which this will be a close game.

HPU has changed dramatically in the past few years since Nido became President of the University. You really wouldn't believe the massive amounts of campus expansion and new construction that has taken place.
But wait, there's more!
High Point University is building a $40 million to $50 million facility to house 400 students, the university announced Thursday.
The facility, with construction slated to begin in June and be completed a year later, will take up two city blocks off Fifth Street, the university said.
The project is needed to accommodate the school's growing enrollment, with undergraduate student enrollment expected at 5,000 by 2015.
In addition to student housing, the facility will contain study space, a recreation center, dining facilities and several other student services, the university said.

Back