• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P90X

129 for a 30 day supply is correct, if you order on homedirect you get free shipping. Pretty smart to do that and then cancel after you get it. Amounts to $4.30/day which is cheap to me compared to what it would take to get the same nutrients. Again if you like well enough to commit to it you can always look into being a coach for them. It is a huge part of my daily eating and I know what the difference for me has been medically so I am committed. I stop here as I am beginning to sound like a salesman which is not my intention.

Well I am regrettably done with T25 after 7 weeks. The dreaded Speed 2.0 workout got me right near the end when I felt my calf muscle pull. I'm sidelined for at least this week and then maybe I can resume, but I'm guessing it'll probably be at least 2 weeks of recovery time.

If there's anything that really sucks about T25, it is the stretching. Both the cooldown stretches and the full stretching routine are absolute jokes. As much of a focus as these workouts put in the calves in particular, you'd think he'd stretch those a bit more. Mine had been feeling a bit sore and tight for a few weeks and it finally gave in.

Well I am regrettably done with T25 after 7 weeks. The dreaded Speed 2.0 workout got me right near the end when I felt my calf muscle pull. I'm sidelined for at least this week and then maybe I can resume, but I'm guessing it'll probably be at least 2 weeks of recovery time.

If there's anything that really sucks about T25, it is the stretching. Both the cooldown stretches and the full stretching routine are absolute jokes. As much of a focus as these workouts put in the calves in particular, you'd think he'd stretch those a bit more. Mine had been feeling a bit sore and tight for a few weeks and it finally gave in.

Dude sorry to hear that. Good luck and hit me up when you are ready. I will do my best to provide you with some information from Beachbody to help with the stretching.

I've been doing T25 (unfortunately, I've missed days/had days when I ran instead) for a couple of weeks. I agree. At least in the Alpha phase, there is a ton of focus on the calves, but literally little to no stretching. I'm old. I'm scared. :p

I've been doing T25 (unfortunately, I've missed days/had days when I ran instead) for a couple of weeks. I agree. At least in the Alpha phase, there is a ton of focus on the calves, but literally little to no stretching. I'm old. I'm scared. :p

Just do more stretching when you're done than he does and I think you'll be ok. Downward dog is your friend.

Wait until Speed 2.0. 1.0 is bad enough, but 2.0 is like 1.0 on meth.

Just do more stretching when you're done than he does and I think you'll be ok. Downward dog is your friend.

Wait until Speed 2.0. 1.0 is bad enough, but 2.0 is like 1.0 on meth.

Try Core Speed! That takes 2.0 to a new level. Of course there is the Gamma phase as well. :eek:

Try Core Speed! That takes 2.0 to a new level. Of course there is the Gamma phase as well. :eek:

Doesn't sound like something I want then. Honestly, the speed workouts are stupid. You spend half the time just trying to get the damn rhythm right.

Not coordinated when it comes to those particular moves, which are more like dance moves. White boy disease.

I have to follow the one white boy in the back that is not coordinated and not focus on Shaun or the girl on the left. If I look at anyone else I just get tied up. But once you know what moves are coming it is much easier.

Just started Week 4 of Alpha Phase. I like it pretty well so far--not really concerned with weight loss this go around; just want to be in decent shape for Church League basketball starting up in a couple of weeks. I figure that any workout that leaves you dripping with sweat is probably getting the job done--I'm drenched when I get done with these.

I did Beta core cardio last night in week 5 and sucked. One of those workouts were I could not get it going just felt tired the entire time. I did feel better and more refreshed afterwards though. Taking it on the road next week as I am going to be in Dallas for the week, should be a good one for a hotel room.

I am looking to start a workout routine, but reading some of the comments about P90X or the T25 it makes me cautious what routine this old body should start. I am in my forties, I do about 25 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week on my elliptical , plus a lot of tennis, but I would love to shed 10-20 pounds to get to my "ideal weight". I love the idea of these programs that work different muscles rather than the boring routine of my elliptical, sit-ups and push-ups. Anyone know a good program to start with before you move into the more advanced series discussed here?

I am looking to start a workout routine, but reading some of the comments about P90X or the T25 it makes me cautious what routine this old body should start. I am in my forties, I do about 25 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week on my elliptical , plus a lot of tennis, but I would love to shed 10-20 pounds to get to my "ideal weight". I love the idea of these programs that work different muscles rather than the boring routine of my elliptical, sit-ups and push-ups. Anyone know a good program to start with before you move into the more advanced series discussed here?

If you do 25 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week (and presumably you don't do it on the wimpiest setting imaginable), I think you're good, especially with the tennis thrown in. I still contend that P90X is the best all around workout you can get of the 3 that have been discussed here (P90X, Insanity, Focus T25). The question is whether or not you have the time for the workouts, as they are the longest of the 3, ranging anywhere from 40 min to an hour, with the yoga actually being an hour and a half. You do need some extra things for P90X, but nothing that is unaffordable. A yoga mat, some dumbbells, resistance bands, and a pull-up bar. Would also recommend push up bars, which can double as yoga blocks on some moves.

Thanks for the feedback. I do not do the wimpiest settings, but I damn sure don't do the hardest setting for 25 minutes on the elliptical, I can hardly move the damn thing at the highest setting. Time is an issue, so 30 minutes is about all I have, plus a cool down period of 20 minutes or so. My shoulder was killing me a few years back so I even made the move to the "Perfect Push-up", and I would strongly recommend this to anyone doing Push Ups. Much easier on the joints and you can feel it working all the muscles in the area.

If you do 25 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week (and presumably you don't do it on the wimpiest setting imaginable), I think you're good, especially with the tennis thrown in. I still contend that P90X is the best all around workout you can get of the 3 that have been discussed here (P90X, Insanity, Focus T25). The question is whether or not you have the time for the workouts, as they are the longest of the 3, ranging anywhere from 40 min to an hour, with the yoga actually being an hour and a half. You do need some extra things for P90X, but nothing that is unaffordable. A yoga mat, some dumbbells, resistance bands, and a pull-up bar. Would also recommend push up bars, which can double as yoga blocks on some moves.

Any idea on what equipment I'll need to have on hand to do it?

P90x3 uses the exact same equipment needed for P90x. It is not a graduate program just a program focusing on 30 minute workouts. They are testing the site more today to make sure everything is in place and working. Most times launches do not happen until 9am-noon pacific time. I expect 12 eastern at the earliest. Do you guys have someone you are ordering through?

Back