• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P90X

ah, you're a BB coach or something, aren't you? PM me whatever I have to enter to get you some credit for the sale. I'll actually be buying 2 when it becomes available.

UPDATE, it is live now you can order. Or at least it works through my site not sure about the general site.

Psyched. Hoping it'll serve as a better maintenance plan after a run through the original p90x.

Psyched. Hoping it'll serve as a better maintenance plan after a run through the original p90x.

I think it should the pilot group had great results. Lot's of options with the packs this go around. 16 workouts in the base kit. I am going for the deluxe as I want all the DVDs plus a 90 day tub of Energy and endurance

so i did the original P90x years ago and it was fantastic. really jump started me... this past september i switched up to do the Advocare 24 day challenge...did my same workout routine that i have been doing for the last few years....a mixture of Crossfit and P90x workouts. Essentially the program consists of a variety of supplements and an eating program that eliminates ALL processed foods, eliminates any sugars that don't naturally occur in food and pretty much no carbs after 3:00 P.M. Here were my results... Started at 186 at 14.3% bodyfat. At end of the 24 day challenge i was 175 and 10.1% bodyfat. We've both maintained it as well. OUr diet has pretty much stuck although not nearly as rigidly as when we did the 24 days.

Considering I'm 40 and she's 42 we are pretty pleased... if you are looking for an eating/supplement plan that can help you change the way you eat it's a great start. And no ...I'm not a distributor or anything.

After a rough first day with coaches and customer overloading the system everything is going through with P90x3 so I look forward being able to start after the New Year starts.

Started P90X3 today. First day is a kicker as usual. I can already tell this is going to blow Shaun T's shit out of the water. Also, I need to get some smaller dumbbells.

Glad to hear it is good. The wife got it for me for Christmas and I saw the box on the porch when I got home from work last week. Super excited to unwrap it and start.

I opened the box this morning and did the first workout. I agree, this will be fun. The Squat Rocks killed me. I'm going to use a medicine ball instead of dumbbells for a lot of those moves. And Drea is looking absolutely shredded.

shredded and about 10 years older.

I just finished the yoga. It's like they tried to fit a few too many moves into 30 min and you end up not really getting the full benefit. I think they could've taken a few out and still been ok.

The agility workout was a mess. Lots of mass confusion for me there.

Yeah the Agility workout was a little spastic. But the girl shaking her ass towards the end was a nice benefit.

Not at all familiar P90x. What does one need to do it at home? How much space do you need? We like running when the weather is nice but that's not often these days. Thought of joining a local gym but just checking into options.

Not at all familiar P90x. What does one need to do it at home? How much space do you need? We like running when the weather is nice but that's not often these days. Thought of joining a local gym but just checking into options.
A DVD player, an area maybe 8ft by 8ft (living room sized), some free weights, maybe a pull up bar if you are inspired.

After a two year hiatus, I'm going to start it again after the new year. I've finally decided to do somethign about the fatness.

Ideally a basement, garage, or guest bedroom with a solid floor and a TV/DVD that you can devote to a workout space. I think moving furniture on a daily basis would get old.

A DVD player, an area maybe 8ft by 8ft (living room sized), some free weights, maybe a pull up bar if you are inspired.

After a two year hiatus, I'm going to start it again after the new year. I've finally decided to do somethign about the fatness.

Kind of a small living room.

I've managed to set up in a smaller space, but 8 x 8 is probably a good recommendation. The classic P90X, as well as the newest incarnation, requires dumbbells. I got through it with 15s and 20s. If you are a moderate guy with moderate strength, I would recommend a range of 12, 15, 20, and 25 lb. dumbbells. You can also sub resistance bands for dumbbells (not recommended in most cases) or the pullups (you'll probably find yourself wanting that option after a few pullups). They have an all-purpose pullup bar too that they sell which you can find cheaper at Wal Marts or online in the same incarnation. Would also recommend a yoga mat for the yoga and ab workouts. Push up bars are not mandatory, but I'd recommend some. Cheap plastic ones will suffice. They can double as gerry-rigged yoga blocks, or you can also just buy a yoga block.

The original P90X has longer workouts-- about 40 min to an hour, with yoga being 1 1/2 hours (you can sub it out though with the hour long stretch-X routine, but I'd recommend doing the yoga routine at least once to compare the two). P90X3 is all 30 min workouts and requires the same equipment. I haven't done enough of P90X3 to compare its results to the original (I'm kind of missing the ab workout from the original P90X in the new one), but P90X kicks ass, even if it is longer and 10 years old.

oh, today was "The Challenge." Nothing but old school pushups and pullups. Enjoyed it, even if I pussed out and swapped to resistance bands for the pullups halfway through.

oh, today was "The Challenge." Nothing but old school pushups and pullups. Enjoyed it, even if I pussed out and swapped to resistance bands for the pullups halfway through.

Awesome, those are my favorite kinds of workouts. Knowing that, I may skip around and do that one tomorrow and another on Saturday before starting the program in serious schedule on Monday. Starting it yesterday as I did will give me a Tuesday rest day, which is useless. I need to line the rest day up for a Sunday.

Back