• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PA Voter ID law ruled unconstitutional

i'm still waiting for a viable Republican alternative to the ACA

I think most people would maintain that the Republican alternative of doing nothing was a better alternative than the ACA. Obvioulsy that doesn't fix the prior problems, but it also doesn't make the entire system worse as the ACA is doing.

Again, everyone admits there were problems with Dino that had to be fixed and maybe he should have been let go. But that doesn't mean that a sane course of action is to run out and hire [Redacted]. Would you have rather kept Dino for another year or commenced the Bzaster?

Reactions: ONW
I think most people would maintain that the Republican alternative of doing nothing was a better alternative than the ACA. Obvioulsy that doesn't fix the prior problems, but it also doesn't make the entire system worse as the ACA is doing.

Again, everyone admits there were problems with Dino that had to be fixed and maybe he should have been let go. But that doesn't mean that a sane course of action is to run out and hire [Redacted]. Would you have rather kept Dino for another year or commenced the Bzaster?

I know you hate facts. since ACA was passed we've had the least healthcare inflation than at any time in the past fifty years. Had we done nothing inflation would have kept up and likely grown.

Of course that would have brought single payer by the end of this decade and it would won overwhelming support from both sides.

We should have Obama submit himself to some sort of process whereby a majority of Americans could express that sentiment. I'm just trying to imagine what that would look like...

"[Redacted] = the ACA" If I don't see that sign at our next home game...lost opportunity.

It sounds good in theory, but how would you safeguard the integrity of the results? Some sort of naive honor system?

Maybe laws against fraud? Seems crazy though. I wonder if there is polling to corroborate the results of this process? We should probably disregard that too.

Maybe laws against fraud? Seems crazy though. I wonder if there is polling to corroborate the results of this process? We should probably disregard that too.

The polls that say they've found 0% of the things they're not looking for and couldn't find if they tried, since there are no safeguards to verify against? I wouldn't put much stock in those.

The polls that say they've found 0% of the things they're not looking for and couldn't find if they tried, since there are no safeguards to verify against? I wouldn't put much stock in those.

Except that Rasmussen guy, he seems trustworthy.

Even W's DOJ report (which looked a 5 year period) stated voter impersonation is not a problem in the US.

There is only ONE reason for these laws- VOTER SUPPRESSION.

If you say otherwise, you are either lying to yourself or to us.

Even W's DOJ report (which looked a 5 year period) stated voter impersonation is not a problem in the US.

There is only ONE reason for these laws- VOTER SUPPRESSION.

If you say otherwise, you are either lying to yourself or to us.

I like that RJ cites the Bush Administration's finding that the results that national elections are never stolen as definitive proof. That's the good stuff, right there.

We should have Obama submit himself to some sort of process whereby a majority of Americans could express that sentiment. I'm just trying to imagine what that would look like...

I agree we should. Unfortunately, he postponed the implementation until after said process occurred. Shrewd move as viewed by himself and his supporters, an obvious run-from-it move as viewed by his critics, and a giant dick up the ass of the American people when viewed from any objective angle.

Think he would volunteer for a double-or-nothing re-do of the 2012 election right now? He wins, he gets to stay in office through 2020. He loses, he packs up and leaves tomorrow. Who you got in that situation?

I agree we should. Unfortunately, he postponed the implementation until after said process occurred. Shrewd move as viewed by himself and his supporters, an obvious run-from-it move as viewed by his critics, and a giant dick up the ass of the American people when viewed from any objective angle.

Think he would volunteer for a double-or-nothing re-do of the 2012 election right now? He wins, he gets to stay in office through 2020. He loses, he packs up and leaves tomorrow. Who you got in that situation?

If he's running against Romney, I'd still take Obama.

I wouldn't want anyone in office that long.

Who would have thought this thread would collapse into partisan sniping?

BDZ, how is it partisan to quote the people who wrote and passed the laws in PA and FL? I'm confused why you consider using the architects' own words and actions to prove whether the purpose of the laws to be voter suppression to be so.

There definitely is some. From the left, there are actual facts. There are statements from people who passed the laws, reports from W, reports from commissions who studied who doesn't have ID. This is as opposed to emotion, elitism and no empirical data supporting their position.

Back