• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PA Voter ID law ruled unconstitutional

What is Law05's solution to keep the poors from faking IDs and voting all the time?

holocaust-tattoo.jpg

Perhaps because they are vastly different laws. I didn't realize we had to take identical positions on different pieces of legislation. I also didn't realize people who post on The Tunnels couldn't recognize the Nancy Pelosi quote on the ACA.

It's not a position on the law. It's a position on recognizing the consequences before passing it.

This is getting hilarious.

If that ever happened, how long would it take James O'Keefe to get undercover video of IDs being issued fraudulently? 5 minutes?

You mean like how O'Keefe broke the law, edited his tapes and got innocent people fired? One of the guys in San Diego whom he got fired took all of O'Keefe's info and immediately sent it to his cousin who worked for the Border Patrol and to ICE. Because O'Keefe's edited tapes were shown, the man got fired.

Making O'Keefe into anything other than the lying hack, criminal he is shows a lot about who support him.

Wait, people can get fake IDs?!? I thought this safeguard was IRONCLAD? We've all been had by a ruse!

Are fake IDs issued? Of course, when the person obtaining the ID commits fraud. What we would want to avoid is those persons having willing accomplices within the issuing agency in the form of ACORN-style employees or Obamacare navigators.

There are felonies on the books for falsifying information to obtain or fraudulently issue a license (I actually have a case pending right now in which I'm prosecuting that very issue).

Haha. It's a position on the law. It's a position on recognizing the consequences before passing it.

I know tons of people who don't have health insurance.

I can't fathom how anyone lives in 2014 without an i.d. In all of the wisdom of the board, nobody has yet volunteered a single friend or relative who does not have an i.d., let alone couldn't obtain one.

Apples and oranges.

How, incidentally, will someone be able to prove eligibility for their brand-new subsidized health insurance at the provider's office? How will they pick up their prescription medications? As it stands, I use my i.d. card for those purposes. Weird.

Last edited:
It's not a position on the law. It's a position on recognizing the consequences before passing it.

This is getting hilarious.

You don't get it PH. You can only know the consequences of a law BEFORE enactment if JH considers it a bad law. If he thinks it is good, then no such determination can be made by any individual until after enactment has happened (you will note how he simultaneously acknowledges that different laws may need to be viewed differently BUT all laws must be viewed how he sees them). Seems a logical and reasoned stance, almost as much as ignoring evidence/statistics in lieu of personal anecdotal experiences. The man is a freight train of logic and reason, so the rest of us should just give up I guess.

I can't fathom how anyone lives in 2014 without an i.d. In all of the wisdom of the board, nobody has yet volunteered a single friend or relative who does not have an i.d., let alone couldn't obtain one.

Apples and oranges.

I don't know anybody without insurance so BOOM clearly the ACA has no impact on anybody whatsoever. Your personal evidence be damned because my anecdotal experience is much more definitive. Man this is fun.

Are fake IDs issued? Of course, when the person obtaining the ID commits fraud. What we would want to avoid is those persons having willing accomplices within the issuing agency in the form of ACORN-style employees or Obamacare navigators.

There are felonies on the books for falsifying information to obtain or fraudulently issue a license (I actually have a case pending right now in which I'm prosecuting that very issue).

Oh, so there are laws concerning issuing fraudulent IDs. That will protect us. Someone should pass laws against fraudulent voting...

I don't know anybody without insurance so BOOM clearly the ACA has no impact on anybody whatsoever. Your personal evidence be damned because my anecdotal experience is much more definitive. Man this is fun.

Between the two of us, one of us knows someone without insurance.

On this entire board, we're still waiting on someone without an i.d.

Carry on.

Oh, so there are laws concerning issuing fraudulent IDs. That will protect us. Someone should pass laws against fraudulent voting...

We have those, too. Now, with the ID requirement, there will naturally be additional ways in which voting fraudulently can be more easily detected and prosecuted. Glad to see you're coming around!

Carry on.

Oh, I thought you anecdotal evidence trumped everybody else's so I didn't bring up my family member I know. My 92 year old blind grandfather that has both legs amputated from the knees down does not have any form of valid I.D. He doesn't need an I.D. because he can't drive, can't see (has other people do all of his errands for him including them being signatories on his accounts for banking purposes), doesn't fly anymore, doesn't buy alcohol, etc. He has not had a valid I.D. for the better part of a decade. Still sharp as a tack and an informed voter but I guess he doesn't exist because you said so.

I must be weird. I don't just have casual conversations with friends about their insurance. I can imagine jhmd hanging out with a friend. "Yo dawg, you got that insurance?" "Insurance? Nah, man. You know I don't fuck wit dat shit."

We have those, too. Now, with the ID requirement, there will naturally be additional ways in which voting fraudulently can be more easily detected and prosecuted. Glad to see you're coming around!

So you want states to spend tens of millions of dollars during each election cycle to provide IDs to solve a problem that doesn't exist and hasn't happened except by people on your side trying to commit the crime to show that it might occur.

It's OK to fire cops, teachers, firemen, etc. because if the lack of funds, but it's OK to find to find funds to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

I've shown multiple states' officials that said the main purpose of ID laws in their states was to suppress the vote. Are you so afraid that your party's message is so unaccepted that the best way to keep power is to institutionally suppress the vote?

Oh, I thought you anecdotal evidence trumped everybody else's so I didn't bring up my family member I know. My 92 year old blind grandfather that has both legs amputated from the knees down does not have any form of valid I.D. He doesn't need an I.D. because he can't drive, can't see (has other people do all of his errands for him including them being signatories on his accounts for banking purposes), doesn't fly anymore, doesn't buy alcohol, etc. He has not had a valid I.D. for the better part of a decade. Still sharp as a tack and an informed voter but I guess he doesn't exist because you said so.

You read about as well as you type. He could easily be mailed an id card based upon his existing information, since the post office comes to him every day. The same person who presumably helps him fill out his ballot could grab his i.d. on the way to driving him to vote.

I must be weird. I don't just have casual conversations with friends about their insurance. I can imagine jhmd hanging out with a friend. "Yo dawg, you got that insurance?" "Insurance? Nah, man. You know I don't fuck wit dat shit."

I can't help it that I have more empathy and compassion for others than you, Ph.

Carry on.

You read about as well as you type. He could easily be mailed an id card based upon his existing information, since the post office comes to him every day. The same person who presumably helps him fill out his ballot could grab his i.d. on the way to driving him to vote.

You have the audacity to ask me for an example of somebody "without an I.D." and accuse me of lacking reading skills when I provide you with such an example? You have become such a parody of yourself that it has become quite amusing. Your entire initial premise wasn't that people COULDN'T get I.D.s, it was that people without an I.D. don't exist because you don't know any and clearly nobody can get by in life without that type of I.D. card. When shown evidence of this, you cleverly try to move the goal post to them being able to "get" an I.D. Newflash, if they have to GET an I.D. then they don't HAVE an I.D. at the moment. Perhaps instead of telling others they need to spend more time learning to read and write, you should devote your own time to such measures.

Carry on.

i'm still waiting for a viable Republican alternative to the ACA

You have the audacity to ask me for an example of somebody "without an I.D." and accuse me of lacking reading skills when I provide you with such an example? You have become such a parody of yourself that it has become quite amusing. Your entire initial premise wasn't that people COULDN'T get I.D.s, it was that people without an I.D. don't exist because you don't know any and clearly nobody can get by in life without that type of I.D. card. When shown evidence of this, you cleverly try to move the goal post to them being able to "get" an I.D. Newflash, if they have to GET an I.D. then they don't HAVE an I.D. at the moment. Perhaps instead of telling others they need to spend more time learning to read and write, you should devote your own time to such measures.

Apples and oranges.

How, incidentally, will someone be able to prove eligibility for their brand-new subsidized health insurance at the provider's office? How will they pick up their prescription medications? As it stands, I use my i.d. card for those purposes. Weird.

In a word, yes.

I would be 100% in favor of an absurd law that suppresses jhmd's vote.

Reactions: ONW
Back