• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Palin's Media Whore Bus Tour

Palin is heartily disliked by the majority of the population primarily because her standard operating procedure is to belittle, scorn, and ridicule anyone that doesn't fully subscribe to her fringe brand of hard right conservatism. This aggressive egotism, when combined with a pretty obvious lack of intellectual firepower to back it up, is perhaps the most obnoxious brew of personality traits a person can have. Arrogant ignorance draws disfavor like flies to honey. Add in the fact that she can't stop making gaffes at every turn, and yes, she is a magnet for disdain and mockery. But it's pretty much self-inflicted (though certainly not wholly).

She's also one of the few factors that can absolutely sink the GOP in the next election.

I hate to be a stickler about this but the Washington Post poll says 41% of Americans strongly dislike her. The rest of us don't care or get a kick out of the liberal histrionics surrounding her every move. I read today that she eats pizza with a knife and fork... can you believe THAT!!!????!!!!

Jon Stewart skewerd TRUMP for doing that not Palin. but keep going.

you are being a total ass in not taking us at our words no matter how many times we tell you it is so.

Shoot me up with sodium pentathol.

She's a polarizing idiot. The GOP would lose the House if she was on to pof the ticket or driving the ticket. It's that simple.

The polarizing idiot is a pretty savvy politician if you ask me. And I think that is what really scares liberals. They watched Bedtime for Bonzo and said the same things about Reagan. The liberal elite in England said the same things about Thatcher. Not smart enough, not polished, not nuanced... all that good stuff.

Then boom goes the dynamite and the idiot public votes them into power.

Kind of like a country bumpkin from Garner winning American Idol.

Was it on a 5-point scale from strongly dislike to strongly like? If so, 41% strongly dislike is very high.

Comparing Palin to Thatcher is like comparing Chuck Nevitt to Shaq.

I will miss Palin when she goes. Life is funnier with her around. But she needs to recognize that her place is within the protective bubble of scripted conservative media, and not in public office. She doesn't have the intellectual firepower or thick skin necessary for national politics, but I wonder if she's self-aware enough to understand that.

I wonder if she's even considered the realities of a presidential primary, and how badly the other GOP candidates would eviscerate her as-of-yet unassailed, sterling conservative reputation. She's never faced a national primary, so she's never had to face attacks from her own party. She'll have nowhere to hide under the conservative blanket, expect perhaps in the farthest reaches of the Tea Party. Fiscally, this could be a disastrous move for her, should her conservative opponents expose her as incompetent, and ruin her chances of hosting a one-hour talk show on Fox for the next decade. She needs to stay out of that dogfight, as I think she will.

If there is any politician from either party that has spent more time under public scrutiny in the past two years than Sarah Palin I'd like to hear it. She's plenty thick skinned to handle the clowns in the media and her wishy washy Republican counterparts.

I think it's the sing song voice that gets the liberals worked up.

The polarizing idiot is a pretty savvy politician if you ask me. And I think that is what really scares liberals. They watched Bedtime for Bonzo and said the same things about Reagan. The liberal elite in England said the same things about Thatcher. Not smart enough, not polished, not nuanced... all that good stuff.

Then boom goes the dynamite and the idiot public votes them into power.

Kind of like a country bumpkin from Garner winning American Idol.

Palin was never particularly savvy, IMO. She was plucked from obscurity by McCain as the last-gasp hope of the right, served adequately as a vessel for their hopes in 2008 for a brief period, but then was thoroughly exposed as being woefully overmatched by national politics. Palin rose to popularity because of what people hoped she was, but the reality just didn't match up.

Palin has no hope of winning a presidential election, and I'm surprised anyone still really thinks of her as a candidate more serious than Trump was. She has virtually no parallel to Reagan or Thatcher at all.

If there is any politician from either party that has spent more time under public scrutiny in the past two years than Sarah Palin I'd like to hear it. She's plenty thick skinned to handle the clowns in the media and her wishy washy Republican counterparts.

I think it's the sing song voice that gets the liberals worked up.

Palin received no more scrutiny than most -- certainly not more than Obama, for example -- but the key was that all the scrutiny came basically at once. McCain pulled Palin from out of nowhere--a completely un-vetted VP candidate that no one had suspected as a possible choice. As a result, the standard vetting by the media took place in the highly condescended time frame of the few months between convention and election. By McCain's design, Palin became the primary story of an election that had started to feel forgone, and without new angles. Everything that is usually learned about a candidate over a period of 2-3 years came out all at once. And, unhappily for Palin, she was chock full of bad material (McCain's team candidly admits that they really blew vetting her, primarily because McCain was too impetuous to bother before selecting her).

Of all the words to describe Plain, thick skinned has never been used, by the right or the left. She's much, much to sensitive too play in the adult pool of national politics.

Last edited:
Dirk's still harping on this "liberal are scared of Palin" bullshit? It's like talking to a brick wall (or like talking to Palin).

She's already swimming in the deep end in case you haven't noticed. That doesn't mean she will or should run. It is to say that she can whip up national attention in the blink of an eye. Poor Mitt is stumping in NH and all it takes is Palin's bus to roll into town to put him on page 7. Quite entertaining.

Dirk's still harping on this "liberal are scared of Palin" bullshit? It's like talking to a brick wall (or like talking to Palin).

You obviously have a big brain, shmoo. You tell me why the media cares if Palin eats pizza with a knife and fork. I think you libs are terrified some cretin like Palin is going to get herself elected.

The one good thing that could happen if Palin were to be the GOP nominee is that Obama would undoubtedly try to ride a Harley.

She's already swimming in the deep end in case you haven't noticed. That doesn't mean she will or should run. It is to say that she can whip up national attention in the blink of an eye. Poor Mitt is stumping in NH and all it takes is Palin's bus to roll into town to put him on page 7. Quite entertaining.

She's "swimming in the deep end" just like Trump did.

The first day Trump started his "campaign" Lawrence O'Donnell told the world what day Trump would ends his fake campaign, where and why.

Palin is looking for a payday not the White House.

There's a difference between floundering and swimming.

Right now she's on a media tour, protectively wrapped inside the conservative media bubble, basking in the attention. Let's see her declare. But she won't, because she has to know how bad an idea that would be for her personally. At least, one would hope that she can discern that, but with Palin ego often trumps sense.

But if Palin wants to run, the net winner is the left. She'll get eaten up by her fellow candidates, but not before she drives the GOP primary process away from the middle -- where the winners of presidential elections are decided -- and toward the far right. She could ruin a good candidate by forcing him or her into stronger Tea Party ideology in order to pander to the base and win the now-too-conservative primary. If the GOP wants to win, they need her limited solely to fundraising and keep her away from issues.

I know many fiscally conservative, educated Republicans that would vote Obama in a heartbeat if Palin is the Pub nominee. And these same people that would vote for Obama are an eyelash away from thinking he is the anti-christ. Palin is complete incompetent, you might as well hand the election to Obama if she runs.

I know many fiscally conservative, educated Republicans that would vote Obama in a heartbeat if Palin is the Pub nominee. And these same people that would vote for Obama are an eyelash away from thinking he is the anti-christ. Palin is complete incompetent, you might as well hand the election to Obama if she runs.

Wrangor you "hate" Palin and are "afraid" if she runs, she'll win.

You can't hide that from Dirk.

:tard:

You guys talking about the conservative friend you know who will vote for Obama if a Tea Party candidate wins the nomination is super convincing. Because at the end of the day it won't be about the economy. Meh. It's going to be about the stupid bastards who demolished the Dems in the 2010 elections and their insane desire for smaller government and less spending.

Nut jobs.

This is going to be the most entertaining election in a long, long time.

i really wonder about people who defend palin. dirk seems smart otherwise, so pure stupidity can't be the reason.

tell the truth dirk. you've been fucking with us all this time.

i really wonder about people who defend palin. dirk seems smart otherwise, so pure stupidity can't be the reason.

tell the truth dirk. you've been fucking with us all this time.

Old age?

Back