• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paradise Jam (Via FloHoops.com)

daaberry

Reaction score
Paradise Jam starts Friday with Wake playing Drake @ 8:30. Hopefully that leads to a Colorado game on Saturday & championship game vs Houston on Sunday. Appears that the only way to watch these 3 games is going to be via Flohoops.com which states you have to be a "Pro" member to have access to the tournament.

I figure with a few days notice, someone will find a work around as it seems silly to have to pay above & beyond a cable bill to watch the Paradise Jam. If anyone discovers the work around, please share w/ the group.

Didn't realize this was a pay site. Geez.

Question is will we want to watch after the Ga. Southern performance?

The performance can only get better. :thumbsup:

Or worse. This team better suck it up and show so effort on the defensive end and on the boards or not many people are going to waste their time watching them. I can handle bad teams that give great effort, I can't handle a bad team that doesn't give great effort.

$29.99 for a one-month subscription. Only 1 device at a time, so no sharing.

nope.gif

Oh man, no way. What a joke. The Paradise Jam at Liberty University that you can only watch by spending $30 on a website nobody heard of until a few weeks ago.

Crap, a ticket book for the whole thing couldn't be a whole lot more than that. Stan and The Dinger will have all the action anyway. Or somebody and The Dinger I guess, since Stan will be doing football.

Edit: Google search says an "all sessions" book is $70

Last edited:
Have not been able to locate a "free trial" offer. Was hoping there was some way to get it for a week before canceling.

This is just silly.

30 bucks for a month of something called FloHoops?

Are we adding FloHoops to the Liberty boycott list ?

Yes and anything with a flame. So no candles, camp fires, trash burning, gas grilling, charcoal grilling, welding or building that Thanksgiving evening fire in the fire place.

I would agree. unfortunately, I have to go next week for Thanksgiving. too bad this doesn't occur then.

Any chance FloHoops will stream Thanksgiving from your in-laws’ house ?

Yes and anything with a flame. So no candles, camp fires, trash burning, gas grilling, charcoal grilling, welding or building that Thanksgiving evening fire in the fire place.

This is good stuff right here

30 bucks for a month of something called FloHoops?

This really seems like a lose/lose arrangement for the donk site & WF fans.

What would actual tickets cost if this game were @ LJVM? $4? $7?

This is, I would assume, the only 'exclusive' the site has on WF games all season... so it seems like you'd either attract new users to the site with a free trial (w/ a cc) or at least sell single game passes at a reasonable rate.

This is begging for piracy. and, in that case, you'd have:

- users seeing your feed (which i can't imagine will be great to start with) and never having to know jack about your site
- next to zero upfront revenue, with very few residual/hanging subscriptions to overcharge on.

I assume everything is kinda wonky because of the change of venue, but the WF athletic department should confront this issue this week with the site/tournament if they really wanted these games to be seen :)squint:).

The only real argument for having it like this is drawing people to Lynchburg. We could almost fill a 8-passenger van with the extras from W-S this move will actually attract.

I wonder who FloHoops has on tap to call these games?

If it is Stan Lewter, they can have my $29.95... I'm all in.

Back