• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

Last night in the house, 17 yo son was talking to mother saying he didn’t want to leave the house, and was naming renovations and things he’d like them to do to the house.

Did they say if they felt like they were really talking to the 17 year old? Or was he possessed by a spirit who wanted him to do home improvements?

I really hope they get something substantial with their investigation. Would be a great episode of one of those ghost hunting shows featuring the OGBoard detective work.

How could people stick around long enough to produce a list that long? My list would be 2 lines:

1. Freaky shit happened
2. I moved out of the house

Seriously. The woman waited long enough for the whatever it was to move from her angles to her mid thighs? Oh hell no.

Did they say if they felt like they were really talking to the 17 year old? Or was he possessed by a spirit who wanted him to do home improvements?

It was the actual 17 yo talking at first. During the convo, he said he started feeling ill, then like something was inside of him. He then said he felt like he was possessed by something, and within a couple minutes was in the full blown seizure.

Seriously. The woman waited long enough for the whatever it was to move from her angles to her mid thighs? Oh hell no.

We asked her this, and she was so terrified that she couldnt move or scream. I cant possibly imagine fear that intense.

American Horror Story reminded me of this story last night. There were references to an old doctor that used to live in the house.

Yesterday after I came home from work, Mrs I/O told me so closed the door from the garage to our kitchen, then turned her back on it, and it opened slowly for no reason. I'm still doubtful as maybe she never closed it all the way, or there is some other explanation for it, but I'm definitely thinking about it.

"One day, 17yo son walked upstairs and ceiling fan was running full blast.
Upon reaching top of stairwell, the blades suddenly stopped, without slowing down, just stopped cold."

That is nuts.. I would have lost it.

I have a personal request for the Triangle Deacs. It would be a huge help if someone could find a picture of the delegates from the 1868 NC State Convention. It was a pretty huge event, its where NC ratified its new constitution after the Civil War and I'd assume somewhere there would be pictures of the delegates. I need to see if there is a picture somewhere of Delegate Hobbs. I've got a description of the ghost seen in the house from the renters, and I need to see if it resembles Dr Hobbs. My searching from here has come up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I spent a couple of hours at the NC State Archives yesterday. While the 1875 Constitutional Convention did have a group photo, I was not able to find any pictures from the 1868 Convention. I was given the email address of a woman at the Archives who will be able to tell me definitively if any sketches, photos, etc. from the 1868 Convention do exist elsewhere, so I will be emailing her this afternoon.

Are you letting anyone drop by to say hello to Milt tonight?

Nothing planned. We're having a meeting at the FD itself, and I sure as hell am not going to be walking over to the house.

Back