• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pat Narduzzi

The outrage to my post is funny to me. Having lived in the Lansing/East Lansing area for years, this is what you emphasize. Staudt, the man for mid-Michigan sports, echoed the same sentiments and the "huge" show did as well. I'm an idiot why?

Your wording was a little confusing and people thought you were calling Dantonio's stretch mediocre at best.

This is...inaccurate. I won't argue each individual point but MSU has had 11 wins in 3 of its last 4 seasons (41-12 overall with 3 bowl wins). I would not consider that "average at best" regardless of your perception of a legitimate BCS conference.

Which is why I said "between" in the first part.

Your wording was a little confusing and people thought you were calling Dantonio's stretch mediocre at best.

Surprised that "between " could cause so many problems. Hopefully, I'll win the press conference.

Edit to add listen to Staudt. He's the man!

Last edited:
Narduzzi won top assistant coach in the nation award this year. One thing I have to give credit to Wellman for is knowing Nard Dog was way the F out of our league... Anyone who thought otherwise is delusional. Watch where he ends up and see how Wake football stacks up....

Narduzzi won top assistant coach in the nation award this year. One thing I have to give credit to Wellman for is knowing Nard Dog was way the F out of our league... Anyone who thought otherwise is delusional. Watch where he ends up and see how Wake football stacks up....

He interviewed for Uconn. We didn't look at Narduzzi because Ron wanted someone with head coaching experience. There are reports that he was interested in the Wake job as soon as it opened up. Not sure where you are getting that from.

Yea, Nard Dog definitely wasn't out of our league.

UConn has to be sweating bullets now that the Mack Brown stuff is happening. Some coaching candidates may want to sit tight to see how the whole UT thing shakes out before taking the UConn job.

The Nard Dog declined an offer from UConn this morning.

Narduzzi wasn't at all out of our league. He didn't meet two important items for us: HC experience and a private university background.

Whether or not Nard Dog met Wake Forest's requirements (HC experience & private university background) is irrelevant in assessing whether Nard Dog is out of Wake Forest's league. A good barometer for determining that will be to see where he ends up and then compare that program to Wake.

Whether or not Nard Dog met Wake Forest's requirements (HC experience & private university background) is irrelevant in assessing whether Nard Dog is out of Wake Forest's league. A good barometer for determining that will be to see where he ends up and then compare that program to Wake.

Exactly. I agree with other posters who pointed out he may not have met all of Wellman's "qualifications". Wellman likes more than just an interview.

To me, seems obvious Narduzzi was in reach given that he went far enough through the process at UConn to get an offer. The Wake job seems significantly better.

Narduzzi was an excellent candidate. I'm pleased we drew that level of interest.

Back