• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paterno Dead at Age 85

joepaterno.jpg

Yeah there's stuff on twitter that Westboro has confirmed plans to protest JoePa's funeral.

I think this may finally be the occasion where they get the severe beating they've been looking for.

Crazy ass Penn State fans almost tore the town apart when the man got fired.

I think this may finally be the occasion where they get the severe beating they've been looking for.

Crazy ass Penn State fans almost tore the town apart when the man got fired.

Definitely. I'm predicting at least 3 people in the hospital and possibly 1 death.

Definitely. I'm predicting at least 3 people in the hospital and possibly 1 death.

Let's hope not. Lawsuits against those who have attempted to harm them are how they generate enough revenue to keep going. A death at the hands of some PSU fans could lead to a windfall that keeps those assholes going for decades.

Let's hope not. Lawsuits against those who have attempted to harm them are how they generate enough revenue to keep going. A death at the hands of some PSU fans could lead to a windfall that keeps those assholes going for decades.

Is that right? I did not know that. Seems like it would be hard to make money doing that unless they sued someone with a lot of money because of legal cost. That being said I think I remember hearing that one of them (at least) has a law degree so perhaps they self rep.

I had no idea thats how they got their money.

The better alternative would be if State College didn't grant them permission to protest and then arrested them all when they did protest. Or if they were just put in some random location like 10 miles from the funeral.

Is that right? I did not know that. Seems like it would be hard to make money doing that unless they sued someone with a lot of money because of legal cost. That being said I think I remember hearing that one of them (at least) has a law degree so perhaps they self rep.

Not hard to find counsel for a PI/Wrongful Death suit. Especially someone who wants to make a name for him/herself. And yes, Westboro is into suing anyone who commits a battery and jurisdictions for failure to protect or some such thing.

Still don't understand the logic of protesting here. But sometimes inbreeding ain't always logical.

Not hard to find counsel for a PI/Wrongful Death suit. Especially someone who wants to make a name for him/herself. And yes, Westboro is into suing anyone who commits a battery and jurisdictions for failure to protect or some such thing.

Still don't understand the logic of protesting here. But sometimes inbreeding ain't always logical.

it's logical in the sense that it's high profile. that's the only thing they really look for. anything where they'll get coverage.

I had no idea thats how they got their money.

The better alternative would be if State College didn't grant them permission to protest and then arrested them all when they did protest. Or if they were just put in some random location like 10 miles from the funeral.

They can't prohibit them. It's illegal and a first amendment issue.

They can't prohibit them. It's illegal and a first amendment issue.

If the funeral was on private land, could they be arrested for tresspassing? Is PSU on private land or public(assuming public)? If the funeral was at Wake, and they came on campus, could they be arrested?

Westboro are their own lawyers. I think all of them are family and all are lawyers.

I'm kind of disgusted by all the self-righteous haters who want to urinate on Paterno and celebrate his sad and monumentally horrid end of life before any fair hearing of the facts has been published.

No matter what he's found to have done or not done, how he's ended his life shouldn't be wished on anyone.

I'm kind of disgusted by all the self-righteous haters who want to urinate on Paterno and celebrate his sad and monumentally horrid end of life before any fair hearing of the facts has been published.

No matter what he's found to have done or not done, how he's ended his life shouldn't be wished on anyone.

Like the Grand Jury report(s)?

http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/sandusky-grand-jury-presentment.pdf
http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/sandusky-presentment2.pdf

Except it is his own damn fault how he ended his life. At best he was ignorant and at worst he covered everything up. He got exactly what was coming to him.

edit: I'm talking about him getting fired, not him kicking the bucket.

Hope there is a shower room in hell for this guy. Some of you are crazy. There is now way anyone should be shedding a tear for a guy who allowed little kids to be abused for over 10 years. Disgusting.

The problem is that the entire Penn State community has been hiding this for years. We should feel more sorry for those that were abused and wish they had penalized earlier the ones that allowed it to happen more than once by the people that covered this tragedy up.

Told his boss, told police, followed up 3 months later, was told it was being investigated, still admitted he should have done more.....wish he had done more...still receiving too much focus..no charges filled against him for a
Reason

Same old song and dance from you. Everyone else in the entire world recognizes the blame that Paterno deserves, except for you idiot Penn State fans.

Told his boss, told police, followed up 3 months later, was told it was being investigated, still admitted he should have done more.....wish he had done more...still receiving too much focus..no charges filled against him for a
Reason

I know I want that to be the threshold when stopping child rape...the bare minimum not to break the law.

Back