• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pathetic UNC football

ECU is AWFUL, especially defensively

Ahem, NC A&T beat them at Greenville. I realize that A&T is a team that had a great year last season but they are not going to win many if any games against FBS teams

Last edited:
The current version of Fedora, absolutely would rather face. But would rather face a new coach in September rather than Fedora, because if Wake is facing him, UNC had to probably have won 5 of their last 6 this year (schedule is front loaded, he will have to go on a run to save his job).

That’s just it, I don’t see that happening. We will see.

Ahem, NC A&T beat them at Greenville. I realize that A&T is a team that had a great year last season but they are not going to win many if any games against FBS teams

This is the 3rd year in a row that the Aggies defeated and FBS team.

This is the 3rd year in a row that the Aggies defeated and FBS team.

A&T has come a long way. I think when they played us during Grobe’s tenure it was the first time they’d ever played an FBS team and we won something like 42-3 with Grobe doing everything possible to keep it that respectable, short of taking a knee on every down.

I'm with Lectro. Fedora is a Mastermind. Lifetime contract- Holes need to lock him up before Saban retires. Perfect fit in ChapHell Hole.

Reminds me of the faint praise Bob Staak used to get: "Bob is a very good coach for Wake Forest" with for Wake Forest being the important qualifier. Those coaches needed Wake weak, and Staak would insure that.

So yeah, Larry Fedora is a very good coach... for UNC.

After State's game yesterday, I'm afraid of what Mike Houston from JMU could do with more scholarships and no regard for academics.

If Claw ever leaves, Houston is my pick. Followed his career since he took Lenoir-Rhyne from the dead to Natty Championship game in 3 years. And has 2 more appearances in Nat'l Championship at FCS level in 5 years. Thought it was all run untill Saturday when watched passing attack. That guy can coach. Surprised he hasn't moved to FBS.

If he has another good (playoffs) or better season and doesn't have his phone explode, there are some FBS AD's who are dead from the neck up.

If Claw ever leaves, Houston is my pick. Followed his career since he took Lenoir-Rhyne from the dead to Natty Championship game in 3 years. And has 2 more appearances in Nat'l Championship at FCS level in 5 years. Thought it was all run untill Saturday when watched passing attack. That guy can coach. Surprised he hasn't moved to FBS.

He was our defensive coordinator when i was in high school. Our head coach was a good guy, but not a good coach, so we were bad, but you could always tell he knew what was up. He was well liked too, partly because he's a good coach, but also probably because at the time he couldn't have been over 30, so he was pretty relatable to a bunch of high school guys

UNC hasn't had or hired a "decent" coach since Mack Brown left, and I wouldn't put Brown into the category of a consistently good coach. They had the chance to hire Steve Spurrier when he came back into college coaching, and didn't make it happen. Instead they've hired Bunting, Torbush, Davis, Chizik, and this dweeb.....all losers. Maybe they'll go for Randy Edsel , Al Golden or some other goofball and keep it rolling. Their AD's over the past 20+ years have been pretty bad.

One has to wonder what would have happened if Frank Beamer had been unable to resist Carolina's overture years ago (whatever year that was).

True freshmen qb for Ecu with two rushing td’s. Expecting him to get redshirted this year. Was a 4 star recruit.

Back