• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pence Used Private Email Server as Governor

This isn't your place to comment bro, you don't understand how this shit works. If you want to start a thread asking for windows upgrade advice, or where the cloud is please do that instead.

You still haven't shown me where my post is wrong.

You are being typically lazy and wrong.

Funny watching the left throwing all these air-punches after the bell. What a bunch of whiney little bitches.

So Pence didn't use a private email account before chastising someone else for using a private server and advocating to lock that person up?

Yes or no is fine.

Funny watching the left throwing all these air-punches after the bell. What a bunch of whiney little bitches.

Well before the 2018 bell. There are many rounds to go in American democracy (gulp, I hope).

Partly what bothered people about the Clinton server was how blatantly obvious it was that the only purpose was to get around FOIA and how weak her excuses were. This is a little different in that regard as I could actually believe that Pence continued to use the AOL address out of sheer laziness. So it looks to me like the motive was clearly different.

Additionally, let's not pretend that a midwestern governor getting his email hacked is remotely as dangerous as the Secretary of State getting her email hacked. It's bad practice sure, but the potential repercussions are not nearly as significant.

Partly what bothered people about the Clinton server was how blatantly obvious it was that the only purpose was to get around FOIA and how weak her excuses were. This is a little different in that regard as I could actually believe that Pence continued to use the AOL address out of sheer laziness. So it looks to me like the motive was clearly different.

Additionally, let's not pretend that a midwestern governor getting his email hacked is remotely as dangerous as the Secretary of State getting her email hacked. It's bad practice sure, but the potential repercussions are not nearly as significant.

true but some will have none of it

I am not sure anyone is pretending that. Most folks are simply pointing out the hypocracy that these assholes spent a year claiming Hillary should go to jail for what she did when they themselves had done done similar things. It would be like if Hillary won and soon there after a tape emerged of her bragging about grabbing men by the dick against their will.

Reactions: ONW

At nearly every stop, Pence attacked Hillary for doing something he did. That is the textbook definition of hypocrisy and shows a total lack of integrity.

I am not sure anyone is pretending that. Most folks are simply pointing out the hypocracy that these assholes spent a year claiming Hillary should go to jail for what she did when they themselves had done done similar things. It would be like if Hillary won and soon there after a tape emerged of her bragging about grabbing men by the dick against their will.

+1

At nearly every stop, Pence attacked Hillary for doing something he did. That is the textbook definition of hypocrisy and shows a total lack of integrity.

Agree that it isn't a good look. But, he didn't do the same thing. He didn't set up a server explicitly to avoid transparency, and he didn't do it while serving in a role where his routine communications relate to national security and global stability.

Agree that it isn't a good look. But, he didn't do the same thing. He didn't set up a server explicitly to avoid transparency, and he didn't do it while serving in a role where his routine communications relate to national security and global stability.

It doesn't matter. He said she should be in jail for doing something HE was doing. What's even worse is that he knew had been hacked and went back to do it again.

It doesn't matter. He said she should be in jail for doing something HE was doing. What's even worse is that he knew had been hacked and went back to do it again.

He wasn't doing it though.

He was doing something that resembled it, but it wasn't the same thing.

I mean if I use my gmail account for work that is not the same thing as the Secretary of State doing it. The stakes are different. Same in this case, albeit not as extreme.

Count me in the camp that thinks we all deserve better than any of this bunch.

Why are you assuming his intent was based on laziness and hers was based on deviance? Also, Indiana is still part of this nation so discussing terrorist attack response protocols is related to national security.

Last edited:
He wasn't doing it though.

He was doing something that resembled it, but it wasn't the same thing.

I mean if I use my gmail account for work that is not the same thing as the Secretary of State doing it. The stakes are different. Same in this case, albeit not as extreme.

Count me in the camp that thinks we all deserve better than any of this bunch.

He was GOVERNOR of a state that did business internationally and KNEW he had been hacked.

There's no way not to say Pence is total scum. There's no way to say he isn't an ultimate hypocrite and liar.

He was GOVERNOR of a state that did business internationally and KNEW he had been hacked.

There's no way not to say Pence is total scum. There's no way to say he isn't an ultimate hypocrite and liar.

Have you considered golf? You might be good at playing golf.

Didn't Hillary set up her private server in 1998 when she moved out of the White House? Do we really think it was set up exclusively to avoid FOIA requests well over a decade before she became SOS? I mean maybe it was, but she got that advice from Powell and the Bush staffers right? Seems like a lot of them were just total noobs about the internet back then.

Yeah. I think it was a Rolling Stone long form article that provided evidence they just had no clue what they were doing.

Back